Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What were some of you expecting? 22:49 - Sep 14 with 1603 viewsTooManyCooks

Though TBF, I think Cook set the wrong expectation with fans by saying "we'll be fielding a strong team" when he would have been much better advised to say "we will be fielding some senior players".......the club doesn't haven't a strong team currently and therefore it's impossible to field one. A mash up of youth and senior debutants with no game time under their belts does not a strong team make and clearly our approach to the game was all about giving a handful of senior players some match fitness, which is fine, as long as you haven't raised fan expectations suggesting otherwise beforehand, Cook needs some PR work to stop putting his foot in his mouth.

There's literally nothing to say about tonight's game, because it was designed to give people match fitness and we can take nothing from it in any way, win, lose or draw, it was a training game basically.

hedgehog flavoured cucumbers

What were some of you expecting? on 22:54 - Sep 14 with 1522 viewsbackwaywhen

Simple question ….. how many f#cling training games does the guy need ?
What were some of you expecting? on 22:54 - Sep 14 with 1524 viewsIllinoisblue

Cook literally just said it was a chance for players to stake their claim for a place on Saturday. So no, it wasn’t a training ground exercise.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What were some of you expecting? on 23:00 - Sep 14 with 1484 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Make no mistake, Cook would have loved to have won that.

He needs a win, any win!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

What were some of you expecting? on 23:01 - Sep 14 with 1474 viewsTooManyCooks

What were some of you expecting? on 22:54 - Sep 14 by Illinoisblue

Cook literally just said it was a chance for players to stake their claim for a place on Saturday. So no, it wasn’t a training ground exercise.

Every training session and every game in any team in the club is a chance to stake a claim for recognition and moving up the ranks, but the team selection tonight speaks volumes more about the reality of how tonight's tie was being treated, than anything a club representative says before, or afterwards.

What were some of you expecting? on 23:04 - Sep 14 with 1433 viewsTooManyCooks

What were some of you expecting? on 23:00 - Sep 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

Make no mistake, Cook would have loved to have won that.

He needs a win, any win!!

100%, no doubt he'd love to have won, but realistically getting some match fitness for some senior players was tonight's clear ambition.

What were some of you expecting? on 23:11 - Sep 14 with 1367 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What were some of you expecting? on 23:04 - Sep 14 by TooManyCooks

100%, no doubt he'd love to have won, but realistically getting some match fitness for some senior players was tonight's clear ambition.

We supposedly need to gel, tonight was an ideal opportunity.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

What were some of you expecting? on 23:13 - Sep 14 with 1345 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What were some of you expecting? on 23:01 - Sep 14 by TooManyCooks

Every training session and every game in any team in the club is a chance to stake a claim for recognition and moving up the ranks, but the team selection tonight speaks volumes more about the reality of how tonight's tie was being treated, than anything a club representative says before, or afterwards.

Another poor decision.

What were some of you expecting? on 23:13 - Sep 14 with 1339 viewsitfcjoe

TooManyExcuses

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

What were some of you expecting? on 23:18 - Sep 14 with 1305 viewsMaySixth

A win.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

What were some of you expecting? on 23:20 - Sep 14 with 1297 viewsTooManyCooks

What were some of you expecting? on 23:11 - Sep 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

We supposedly need to gel, tonight was an ideal opportunity.

It was and I'm not sure what his thinking was, other than getting match fitness into those who haven't had much/any so far. I imagine he didn't want to push the likes of Bonne and Edmundson who are coming back from injuries and of course we are unaware of the state of the rest of the squad after Saturday, but I guess there's a few sore bodies and he's decided that league is the priority and to use this to get match fitness for a few?

Thinking about it, I don't suppose the club would have liked him to come out say "Tuesday is gonna be a training game I'm afraid, it's all about getting Morsy and a few others some game time under their belts" as that probably would have had a rather negative impact on ticket sales, I guess he can't be truthful all the time.

What were some of you expecting? on 23:35 - Sep 14 with 1230 viewsSwansea_Blue

I thought that was a fairly strong team in terms of individuals. Most of those players are regulars in the matchday squad. It was only El Miz, Armin & Barrie who were the youngsters and they've all been in squads this season (and Barrie is supposed to be a cut above our youngsters). Morsy debut fair enough, but essentially those are players who will either be in the starting 11 or expected to contribute this season.

Oh well, at least people will stop saying our keepers were good enough already. A timely reminder why we needed a new one.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What were some of you expecting? on 23:52 - Sep 14 with 1159 viewsTooManyCooks

What were some of you expecting? on 23:35 - Sep 14 by Swansea_Blue

I thought that was a fairly strong team in terms of individuals. Most of those players are regulars in the matchday squad. It was only El Miz, Armin & Barrie who were the youngsters and they've all been in squads this season (and Barrie is supposed to be a cut above our youngsters). Morsy debut fair enough, but essentially those are players who will either be in the starting 11 or expected to contribute this season.

Oh well, at least people will stop saying our keepers were good enough already. A timely reminder why we needed a new one.

This is the whole problem currently, we have a load of rated individuals, but no team.

If the first team was settled and playing well, you could afford to chuck a few youngsters and some seniors lacking match fitness in to a game like that and expect to win, but when your first team are the most unsettled and unsuccessful in the club, all you've got tonight is another mish mash of youth and experience playing together for the first time in an already dysfunctional group that are still developing relationships and understanding with one another. Cook knows that I'm certain, IMO tonight was purely about getting match fitness into some of the players he wants in the 1st team and resting others who are sore from Saturday/returning from injury.

Holy did not cover himself in glory and probably won't be seeing a first team start any time soon and whilst I have no doubt that PC will be annoyed not getting the win, he'll be very happy to have seen Morsy get some minutes and show what he is going to bring to the first team, which is exactly what they need, an uncomplicated ball winner and breaker upper of play, who likes to do the simple stuff and leads from the front, definitely our Captain and hopefully will ignite and galvanise the rest of the squad.

What were some of you expecting? on 23:57 - Sep 14 with 1120 viewsFramfarmer

What were some of you expecting? on 23:52 - Sep 14 by TooManyCooks

This is the whole problem currently, we have a load of rated individuals, but no team.

If the first team was settled and playing well, you could afford to chuck a few youngsters and some seniors lacking match fitness in to a game like that and expect to win, but when your first team are the most unsettled and unsuccessful in the club, all you've got tonight is another mish mash of youth and experience playing together for the first time in an already dysfunctional group that are still developing relationships and understanding with one another. Cook knows that I'm certain, IMO tonight was purely about getting match fitness into some of the players he wants in the 1st team and resting others who are sore from Saturday/returning from injury.

Holy did not cover himself in glory and probably won't be seeing a first team start any time soon and whilst I have no doubt that PC will be annoyed not getting the win, he'll be very happy to have seen Morsy get some minutes and show what he is going to bring to the first team, which is exactly what they need, an uncomplicated ball winner and breaker upper of play, who likes to do the simple stuff and leads from the front, definitely our Captain and hopefully will ignite and galvanise the rest of the squad.

we can concentrate fully on league now instead of carp cups
What were some of you expecting? on 00:05 - Sep 15 with 1099 viewsTooManyCooks

What were some of you expecting? on 23:57 - Sep 14 by Framfarmer

we can concentrate fully on league now instead of carp cups

Indeed, if we are going to be focussing more on the league and have little interest in cups, which was made clear at the beginning of the season, then they are pointless to us, especially when playing an U21 team. If we need players to gain match fitness, we can chuck them in an U23's game, which would be no different to tonight's mob.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024