Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Avro Energy 10:29 - Sep 27 with 2469 viewsDouble_Dutch

Further to the collapse of Avro Energy, I have just received the following email, which may be of interest to any other former Avro Energy customers:

Ofgem have appointed Octopus Energy, Britain’s most awarded energy supplier, to take over your energy supply from Avro Energy.

Your energy supply will carry on as usual, any credit balance will be safe.

Should you choose to stick with us, you’ll enjoy our great value 100% renewable energy, and outstanding customer service.

You don’t need to do anything now, we will be in touch with more information in 7 days.

Ofgem, the energy regulator, has asked Octopus Energy to step in and look after Avro’s customers as the company has ceased trading.
Over the next few weeks, we will transfer you to our award-winning customer service platform on one of our great value tariffs.

We will be in touch with your rates and charges soon, but they will be cheaper than anything available from any other large supplier today – and cheaper than the fixed prices we’re currently offering new customers on our own website.
Once the switch is complete, you’ll be free to stay with Octopus with no exit fees, or switch to another supplier. You won’t be able to switch until then due to energy industry limitations.

If you’ve already started a switch to a different supplier, including Octopus, that should still go ahead as planned.

Good to know:
- Your energy supply will continue uninterrupted. You will not be cut off.
- Any money Avro owed you is safe and will be credited to your new Octopus account as soon as possible
- If you pay by Direct Debit, this will continue as usual and automatically start crediting us rather than Avro. Please do not cancel your Direct Debit.
- If you’ve already cancelled your Direct Debit, that’s no problem – we’ll send you details of how to set up a new one soon.
- If you are a prepayment customer, you will be able to top up in the same way you have been doing and will not lose supply

There’s no need to call or email us – we will be in touch within 7 days with an update. Throughout this process, you’ll find the latest information on our website.
You don’t need to do anything, but submitting a meter reading on the Avro website will help us ensure a smooth transition.

If you have any difficulties with the Avro website, just make a note of your readings and we'll ask for them soon.

If you are away, or can’t make a note, don’t worry. It won’t affect your switch and we will be in touch soon with more information.
Octopus is renowned for fantastic service, but please do not call or email us unless it’s vital.

Here’s what will happen next:
Within 7 days
We will contact you with an update.
Within 14 days
We expect to have most accounts reviewed, transferred, and operating properly. Please do not cancel your Direct Debit as we will move to over to us.
Once your switch is complete, you’ll be free to switch to another supplier (but we hope you’ll stay).

We are committed to making this as smooth as possible. We’re proud of our reputation for customer service and ask that you bear with us whilst we begin the tidying process so we can give you the service you deserve.

Love and power,
Greg
CEO and founder
Octopus Energy

P.s. Who are Octopus Energy?
We are the only energy supplier to be recommended by consumer champions Which? for four years running, three time uSwitch’s Supplier of the Year, and backed by the £8.5 billion Octopus Investments.

We supply 100% renewable energy, and believe in fairing pricing and outstanding customer service.

Avro Energy on 10:36 - Sep 27 with 2424 viewsEwan_Oozami

Been with Octopus for a couple of years, no complaints, excellent service, no hassle at all..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Avro Energy on 10:40 - Sep 27 with 2385 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Avro Energy on 10:36 - Sep 27 by Ewan_Oozami

Been with Octopus for a couple of years, no complaints, excellent service, no hassle at all..

Seconded.

A little miffed that it sounds like Avro customers will get a cheaper price, though!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Avro Energy on 11:34 - Sep 27 with 2320 viewsDinDjarin

Just got the same email as was also with Avro.
Avro Energy on 11:40 - Sep 27 with 2286 viewsHermann_eats_puffin

Following on from this I've also been with Octopus for a couple of years now and I've had no reason to complain about the service so far. I've been happy with them and have renewed my contract with them a couple of months ago.

Also although I've not checked on this for ages but originally when we signed up to them a couple of years ago they were very close to the top of the Which magazine recommended suppliers I think from memory.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 11:47]
Avro Energy on 11:41 - Sep 27 with 2285 viewsParky

Been with Octopus a while now and never had any issues. They have a handy little app where you can view and do anything needed on there (ie upload a reading, check bills etc).

They’re similar to most places where you can build a credit up in the Summer when using less energy and this then helps in winter when the heating is on etc.

Hopefully they put you on a good deal and cause you minimal stress👍🏻
Avro Energy on 11:46 - Sep 27 with 2264 viewsDanTheMan

Avro Energy on 11:34 - Sep 27 by DinDjarin

Just got the same email as was also with Avro.

Us too, Octopus was going to be our preferred choice so actually not too unhappy.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Avro Energy on 12:08 - Sep 27 with 2223 viewsRyorry

Avro Energy on 11:46 - Sep 27 by DanTheMan

Us too, Octopus was going to be our preferred choice so actually not too unhappy.

Thanks Dan & all Octopussy posters - do they do Economy10 tariff would anyone happen to know?

Trying to save time as done my hamstring & laptop time limited to a minute or 2 each visit, can't sit down to google!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Avro Energy on 12:21 - Sep 27 with 2190 viewsWeWereZombies

Avro Energy on 12:08 - Sep 27 by Ryorry

Thanks Dan & all Octopussy posters - do they do Economy10 tariff would anyone happen to know?

Trying to save time as done my hamstring & laptop time limited to a minute or 2 each visit, can't sit down to google!

Sorry to hear about the hamstring Ryorry, I guess that is going to take a while to heal.

This website reckons that Octopus do Economy10 (I found another Google answer being a reply to an online query directly from Octopus in May 2019 saying they didn't but hoped to in future, so it sounds like they are on board now.)

https://www.switch-plan.co.uk/suppliers/octopus-energy/

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Avro Energy on 12:23 - Sep 27 with 2185 viewsHermann_eats_puffin

When I signed up to them a couple of years ago yes they did at that time offer Economy 7 tariffs but I've not checked more recently I'm afraid to see what their current tariff offerings are.
Avro Energy on 12:24 - Sep 27 with 2178 viewsClapham_Junction

They have a time of use tariff (Agile Octopus) that gives you very cheap electricity at night (and occasionally negative prices): https://octopus.energy/agile/
Avro Energy on 13:41 - Sep 27 with 2110 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lucky. Some poor sods have been moved to British Gas.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Avro Energy on 14:14 - Sep 27 with 2069 viewsPendejo

As a side note

Octopus Investments used to own 50% of my former employer (2008 - 2016) and were good to deal with then.

Was quite pleased when my Avro account got switched to them.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Avro Energy on 16:59 - Sep 27 with 1999 viewsRyorry

Avro Energy on 12:21 - Sep 27 by WeWereZombies

Sorry to hear about the hamstring Ryorry, I guess that is going to take a while to heal.

This website reckons that Octopus do Economy10 (I found another Google answer being a reply to an online query directly from Octopus in May 2019 saying they didn't but hoped to in future, so it sounds like they are on board now.)

https://www.switch-plan.co.uk/suppliers/octopus-energy/

Thanks Zombers, was niggly for a few weeks but ignored it, then y'day tripped over a stone and - aargh! - thought that's torn it, maybe literally. Bit better after icepack & paracetamol overnight, but can only hobble around w. stick whislst keeping leg straight!

Can't see E10 on there but will ring em up, hope I get transferred to them & not EDF anyway.

Clapham J - looks a great idea, but too many issues w. smart meter for me. Thanks anyway, also all others who replied 👍

Avro Energy on 18:05 - Sep 27 with 1935 viewswkj

I just switched to Octopus, and this settles my nerves that Ofgem are diverting customers towards them

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Avro Energy on 11:05 - Sep 29 with 1719 viewsRyorry

Green have been transferred to Shell Energy

Personally, can't imagine a worse option apart from British Gas. Will be switching asap.

Only heard via a R5live phone-in, later discovered an unopened email in junk I'd deleted.

Avro Energy on 11:25 - Sep 29 with 1675 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Avro Energy on 13:41 - Sep 27 by Swansea_Blue

Lucky. Some poor sods have been moved to British Gas.

Been with British Gas the last year on a good rate and no problems so far!

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Avro Energy on 11:43 - Sep 29 with 1636 viewsN2_Blue

Avro Energy on 11:05 - Sep 29 by Ryorry

Green have been transferred to Shell Energy

Personally, can't imagine a worse option apart from British Gas. Will be switching asap.

Only heard via a R5live phone-in, later discovered an unopened email in junk I'd deleted.

Why?

Shell Energy tariff for gas looks cheaper than Octopus. Elect pricier but combined looks about the same to me.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Avro Energy on 12:05 - Sep 29 with 1599 viewsRyorry

Avro Energy on 11:43 - Sep 29 by N2_Blue

Why?

Shell Energy tariff for gas looks cheaper than Octopus. Elect pricier but combined looks about the same to me.

1. I don't have gas in any shape or form

2. Their global corporate attitude to environmental issues.

Avro Energy on 12:14 - Sep 29 with 1575 viewsN2_Blue

Avro Energy on 12:05 - Sep 29 by Ryorry

1. I don't have gas in any shape or form

2. Their global corporate attitude to environmental issues.

Fair enough

I'm not unhappy to have been switched to them, it could have been a great deal worse.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024