Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trains at Christmas 19:56 - Oct 28 with 593 viewsglasso

Anyone here know what the trains are usually like at Christmas on Greater Anglia?

I've got an offer of tickets on 29th Dec and 1st Jan and would like a beer or three, but am I likely to be stuck on some daft rail replacement service if I'm coming from London?
Trains at Christmas on 20:12 - Oct 28 with 547 viewsSteve_M

It’s not clear at the moment, don’t think engineering work has been totally finalised beyond the first two weeks in December.

When I looked earlier in the week 1 Jan was normal but National Rail wasn’t even showing services for 29 Dec - so that might be a right pain.

https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/travel-information/service-alterations

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Trains at Christmas on 07:31 - Oct 29 with 415 viewsglasso

Trains at Christmas on 20:12 - Oct 28 by Steve_M

It’s not clear at the moment, don’t think engineering work has been totally finalised beyond the first two weeks in December.

When I looked earlier in the week 1 Jan was normal but National Rail wasn’t even showing services for 29 Dec - so that might be a right pain.

https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/travel-information/service-alterations

Thanks mate. I did have a look on there but wondered if there was anyone here with an inside steer, or if you were all gonna tell me that trains are ALWAYS terrible at Christmas!

It's been a while since I lived out that way and my attempts to get to the football on a train have been few and far between - and mostly absolutely disastrous
Trains at Christmas on 07:58 - Oct 29 with 390 viewswkj

I used to catch the Diss to Ipswich line for work routinely - unless they plan works around that time, they're absolutely fine. I think they stop running on Christmas Day, and sun a reduced service on Boxing day. In all fairness, the replacement busses on the Ipswich to Norwich line aren't really that bad, as long as you account the difference in time.

The real stinger is if there is work around manningtree, that usually wrecks most travel plans.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024