Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? 11:29 - Nov 1 with 1099 viewsRyorry

Thought it might be problem with cable, but getting same problem with new cable - the jack seems loose in the slot & have to wiggle it about before it'll start charging. Getting harder & harder to do. Phone is Android, 2016 Samsung.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 11:30 - Nov 1 with 1089 viewsKeno

and todays Euphemism of the day goes to .........

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 11:39 - Nov 1 with 1061 viewsCotty

Yes I've had that problem many years ago, the slot had worn down and didn't keep the cable in place for long enough to get a charge. Got it fixed at a local phone shop for a tenner and it kept going for another couple of years.
Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 11:40 - Nov 1 with 1058 viewsunbelievablue

My current iPhone now only charges wirelessly. Is a bit of a nightmare.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 11:49 - Nov 1 with 1031 viewsfactual_blue

Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 11:30 - Nov 1 by Keno

and todays Euphemism of the day goes to .........

You?

It normally does.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 11:57 - Nov 1 with 1017 viewsParsley

Might not be the same issue but cleaning the dust out of the charging slot with the end of a paperclip helped me before
Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 12:09 - Nov 1 with 987 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 11:40 - Nov 1 by unbelievablue

My current iPhone now only charges wirelessly. Is a bit of a nightmare.

Why is that a problem? I only have wireless chargers in the car, home and office so its the norm now.

That said, my speaker has gone so I had to shell out for Ear Pods. £150 a time. Ouch.
Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 12:22 - Nov 1 with 968 viewsRyorry

Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 12:09 - Nov 1 by BlueBlueBluex2

Why is that a problem? I only have wireless chargers in the car, home and office so its the norm now.

That said, my speaker has gone so I had to shell out for Ear Pods. £150 a time. Ouch.

Can you do wireless charging on Android - if so, how pls? Seems a bit counter-intuitive!

Meanwhile am going to try clearing out charge slot with wooden toothpick ...

Edit: just done that, exit several fine bits of dried grass, got connection first time, thanks Parsley! Still seems somewhat loose (just like Cotty's description, thanks Cotty, so may go down that route ... but must admit I've been looking for extra justification for buying new iPhone).
[Post edited 1 Nov 2021 12:34]

Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 12:26 - Nov 1 with 939 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 12:22 - Nov 1 by Ryorry

Can you do wireless charging on Android - if so, how pls? Seems a bit counter-intuitive!

Meanwhile am going to try clearing out charge slot with wooden toothpick ...

Edit: just done that, exit several fine bits of dried grass, got connection first time, thanks Parsley! Still seems somewhat loose (just like Cotty's description, thanks Cotty, so may go down that route ... but must admit I've been looking for extra justification for buying new iPhone).
[Post edited 1 Nov 2021 12:34]

Depends on the model of Android. 2016 sounds about the time it became more common, so you may be lucky.
Login to get fewer ads

Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 12:37 - Nov 1 with 921 viewsSitfcB

Yeah it happens after time. I paid £30 for a new charging port on an old iPhone, quite reasonable.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 13:25 - Nov 1 with 854 viewsunbelievablue

Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 12:09 - Nov 1 by BlueBlueBluex2

I have found myself in situations where I am without a wireless charger.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 13:31 - Nov 1 with 843 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 13:25 - Nov 1 by unbelievablue

I have found myself in situations where I am without a wireless charger.

https://amzn.to/3pWDAmM

Welcome to 2021 :)
Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 13:36 - Nov 1 with 831 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

As others have said, yes and the simple answer is a wireless charger if your phone supports it

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 13:39 - Nov 1 with 826 viewsRyorry

Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 13:31 - Nov 1 by BlueBlueBluex2

https://amzn.to/3pWDAmM

Welcome to 2021 :)

Aha, I'll check out compatability, many thanks 👍

Update: Apparently not poss - don't know how reliable, but got this answer from March 2019 on Quora -

"any phone without a glass back, wont have wireless charging. glass can only let signals pass through,wheres metal and plastic wont. as stated in the other answers, you can get an attachment on your phone to enable it but i wouldn't recommend it as it slowly burns your battery"

13.5K views 4 upvotes"

Mine has a plastic back.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2021 13:48]

Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 13:56 - Nov 1 with 789 viewsGavTWTD

Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 13:39 - Nov 1 by Ryorry

Aha, I'll check out compatability, many thanks 👍

Update: Apparently not poss - don't know how reliable, but got this answer from March 2019 on Quora -

"any phone without a glass back, wont have wireless charging. glass can only let signals pass through,wheres metal and plastic wont. as stated in the other answers, you can get an attachment on your phone to enable it but i wouldn't recommend it as it slowly burns your battery"

13.5K views 4 upvotes"

Mine has a plastic back.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2021 13:48]

What phone do you have? Not sure that answer is reliable. Windows and Android phones I think were earlier adopters of wireless charging than Apple. I had a Samsung S3 which could charge wirelessly and I'm pretty sure that had a plastic back. I even bought a clock radio that would charge mine beside the bed. Too lazy to plug it in.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 15:13 - Nov 1 with 717 viewsBasuco

I have just changed my old 2017 Samsung for an A32, it is cheap, very good battery life and much quicker. It might be worth updating rather than get the old one repaired.
Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 16:24 - Nov 1 with 671 viewsRyorry

Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 13:56 - Nov 1 by GavTWTD

What phone do you have? Not sure that answer is reliable. Windows and Android phones I think were earlier adopters of wireless charging than Apple. I had a Samsung S3 which could charge wirelessly and I'm pretty sure that had a plastic back. I even bought a clock radio that would charge mine beside the bed. Too lazy to plug it in.

Hah, I'm all for shameless timesaaving!

Samsung J5 (6) 2016. Don't use it much, just for photos & occasional call or text, & now I've worked out how to transfer/up/download photos via googledrive from it, it'd seem extravagant to lash out on a new one, esp after buying the macbook last week (which it's just dawned on me I paid more for than my "new" secondhand car last year!).

Has anyone had to ditch old phone because charge slot became loose? on 10:14 - Nov 2 with 520 viewspedrail

This happened to my smart phone a few months ago. One online suggestion was to take a pin or staple (paper clip is too big) and extract the accumulated dust from the slot. I tried this and removed a surprising amount. It worked a treat and the connection is tight again. Same fix worked for Mrs Pedrail's phone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024