Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there anyone out there 05:47 - Nov 18 with 4923 viewsBlueNomad

Who still thinks BJ is good Prime Minister? If yes, why?
Is there anyone out there on 05:50 - Nov 18 with 2510 viewssolomon

Only Boris believes this.
Is there anyone out there on 07:17 - Nov 18 with 2442 viewsDeano69

Come to that, when was the last one and where’s a future one coming from?

In fact, add the to any leader in any country?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Is there anyone out there on 07:20 - Nov 18 with 2437 viewsHerbivore

Is there anyone out there on 07:17 - Nov 18 by Deano69

Jacinda Ardern is doing a pretty good job in New Zealand, think we should go in for her in the January transfer window.

11 years of abysmal Tory leadership has really damaged our country, yet remarkably people keep voting for progressively worse versions of the same party. It's very odd.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2021 7:22]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is there anyone out there on 07:20 - Nov 18 with 2434 viewsnoggin

Yeah but what about other people.... FFS.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Is there anyone out there on 07:23 - Nov 18 with 2407 viewsunbelievablue

Merkel has been a success in Germany, all things considered.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Is there anyone out there on 07:24 - Nov 18 with 2404 viewsHerbivore

Is there anyone out there on 07:20 - Nov 18 by noggin

Yeah but what about other people.... FFS.

It's all any Tory sympathiser has left in their locker now. "Yeah but they're all rubbish". No attempt to actually defend the PM or government, just pretend it doesn't matter because all other politicians are just as bad. They aren't of course, that's a fallacy, but it's a belief that enables them to justify their vote to themselves in lieu of any good reason.

Is there anyone out there on 07:27 - Nov 18 with 2386 viewschicoazul

This is the trouble lads.
Everyone here really hated them some Theresa May during her time but you could make a strong case for her version of boring robotics right now. Especially since she and “Boris” basically think the same about everything important anyway.
Once “Boris” either gets bored and gives up or they get rid of him someone even worse like Patel or Sunak will take over.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is there anyone out there on 07:30 - Nov 18 with 2388 viewsBlueNomad

Is there anyone out there on 07:27 - Nov 18 by chicoazul

This is the trouble lads.
Everyone here really hated them some Theresa May during her time but you could make a strong case for her version of boring robotics right now. Especially since she and “Boris” basically think the same about everything important anyway.
Once “Boris” either gets bored and gives up or they get rid of him someone even worse like Patel or Sunak will take over.

Terrible as it sounds Gove is probably the least bad one out of the entire miserable crew. Not good is it.

[Post edited 18 Nov 2021 7:30]
Login to get fewer ads

Is there anyone out there on 07:40 - Nov 18 with 2338 viewsBlueRaider

He's an embarrassment

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Is there anyone out there on 07:41 - Nov 18 with 2334 viewsgtsb1966

Is there anyone out there on 07:30 - Nov 18 by BlueNomad

Terrible as it sounds Gove is probably the least bad one out of the entire miserable crew. Not good is it.

and just to cheer everyone up we've probably got eight more years of this lot still to come. Scary stuff.
Is there anyone out there on 07:52 - Nov 18 with 2298 viewsSomethingBlue

Is there anyone out there on 07:30 - Nov 18 by BlueNomad

No chance, he's squarely behind a lot of the most dangerous sh7t they are up to.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Is there anyone out there on 07:53 - Nov 18 with 2291 viewsSwansea_Blue

Some still will, but fewer than before now his cheerleading press is starting to turn.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is there anyone out there (n/t) on 08:35 - Nov 18 with 2193 viewsgardins01

Is there anyone out there on 08:37 - Nov 18 with 2190 viewsgardins01

He would have been long gone some time ago but there is zero alternative. Both Labour and Lib Dems should be ashamed of themselves
Is there anyone out there on 08:41 - Nov 18 with 2176 viewsHerbivore

Is there anyone out there on 08:37 - Nov 18 by gardins01

He would have been long gone some time ago but there is zero alternative. Both Labour and Lib Dems should be ashamed of themselves

Lame.

Just nod if you can hear me (n/t) on 08:44 - Nov 18 with 2165 viewsunbelievablue

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Is there anyone out there on 09:02 - Nov 18 with 2127 viewstw25

Complete clown, why anyone would vote for this shambles of a human is beyond me.
Is there anyone out there on 09:08 - Nov 18 with 2108 viewsNthQldITFC

Is there anyone out there on 07:40 - Nov 18 by BlueRaider

He's an embarrassment

A living endorsement.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Is there anyone out there on 09:12 - Nov 18 with 2094 viewsnodge_blue

Is there anyone out there on 09:08 - Nov 18 by NthQldITFC

A living endorsement.

This is a serious matter
Too late to reconsider
No one's gonna wanna know ya

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Is there anyone out there on 09:24 - Nov 18 with 2065 viewsOldboy

No, but we need strong opposition. Some have said that the alternative parties are no better. One reply to that was"lame". It is true though.
Ask Labour/Lib Dems what they would do differently and all they do is slang off the Conservatives.
We need strong opposition to hold those in power to account. Easy to criticise when you are not in power.
I think the Conservative party is never the right choice, but we need to hear from those in opposition what they would actually do themselves. Not in hindsight, but when in power. That way the people who have the power (us) can make a proper judgement on who to vote for.
Politicians tell us what they think we want to hear, but I want to hear what Labour/Lib Dems would actually do if in power.
Stop slagging them off and with hindsight, just what they would do if elected.
Is there anyone out there on 09:30 - Nov 18 with 2042 viewsHerbivore

Is there anyone out there on 09:24 - Nov 18 by Oldboy

No, but we need strong opposition. Some have said that the alternative parties are no better. One reply to that was"lame". It is true though.
Ask Labour/Lib Dems what they would do differently and all they do is slang off the Conservatives.
We need strong opposition to hold those in power to account. Easy to criticise when you are not in power.
I think the Conservative party is never the right choice, but we need to hear from those in opposition what they would actually do themselves. Not in hindsight, but when in power. That way the people who have the power (us) can make a proper judgement on who to vote for.
Politicians tell us what they think we want to hear, but I want to hear what Labour/Lib Dems would actually do if in power.
Stop slagging them off and with hindsight, just what they would do if elected.

Labour literally put forward a motion on second jobs yesterday, which represented what they would propose on that issue if they were in power. The government voted against it.

It is also the role of opposition parties to hold the government to account, that is not "slagging them off", that is them doing their job. And at the last election, Labour put forward a comprehensive manifesto versus the Tories' three word slogan. Look at what happened then. I think the narrative you are pushing here doesn't have much basis and isn't very helpful, it's what the Tories and their compliant media want everyone to think as it helps keep them in power.

Is there anyone out there on 09:38 - Nov 18 with 2009 viewsOldboy

Is there anyone out there on 09:30 - Nov 18 by Herbivore

Labour literally put forward a motion on second jobs yesterday, which represented what they would propose on that issue if they were in power. The government voted against it.

It is also the role of opposition parties to hold the government to account, that is not "slagging them off", that is them doing their job. And at the last election, Labour put forward a comprehensive manifesto versus the Tories' three word slogan. Look at what happened then. I think the narrative you are pushing here doesn't have much basis and isn't very helpful, it's what the Tories and their compliant media want everyone to think as it helps keep them in power.

What have I said that isn't helpful?
I said the opposition should hold the Government to account.
I wasn't on about how they act in the playground which is the houses of parliament, but when you see/hear them on the tv/radio. They just say the Conservatives should have done this or that. I am against a conservative government, but I need to hear what the opposition would do differently.
Is there anyone out there on 09:45 - Nov 18 with 1995 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

To good a chance to miss....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Is there anyone out there on 09:48 - Nov 18 with 1990 viewsHerbivore

Is there anyone out there on 09:38 - Nov 18 by Oldboy

What have I said that isn't helpful?
I said the opposition should hold the Government to account.
I wasn't on about how they act in the playground which is the houses of parliament, but when you see/hear them on the tv/radio. They just say the Conservatives should have done this or that. I am against a conservative government, but I need to hear what the opposition would do differently.

So when they say the Conservatives should have done this or that, you don't think that counts as saying what they would have done differently? Because it sounds to me a lot like that is what they are doing.

The unhelpful bit is pushing the line that nobody else is any better than the Tories. I'm struggling to see what basis there is for such a claim. Their record in government has been abysmal, they are mired in sleaze and corruption. If you look at the number of Tories who also work as paid consultants/lobbyists for private interests and look at who is finding the party in contrast to the other parties you will see there are significant differences. And I gave you a concrete example of a hot topic issue where Labour proposed something different to the Tories and it got voted down. That's what tends to happen when you aren't the government.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2021 11:31]

Is there anyone out there on 09:50 - Nov 18 with 1980 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Is there anyone out there on 09:45 - Nov 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

To good a chance to miss....

....perhaps we have all become...

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024