Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Harris 14:10 - Dec 10 with 2618 viewsHackneyblueboy

On the face of Phil's story this whole recruitment process looks slightly shambolic.

Sack Cook with seemingly no succession plan. Then we're left with the most uninspiring pool of managers you could hope for. Anyone else concerned?
Neil Harris on 15:40 - Dec 10 with 588 viewsitfcsuth

My biggest worry, was the replacement process.

And it's bloody coming true.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2021 15:46]
Neil Harris on 15:42 - Dec 10 with 571 viewsSuperfrans

Neil Harris on 14:55 - Dec 10 by DublinBlue84

Said a couple of days ago I heard whispers about Harris having applied and that he was bang up for it. Everything I've heard over the past 24 hours has re-enforced what I heard.

At the moment I would say people need to start digesting the fact that we need to get behind him even if we do have reservations, should the appointment be rubber stamped.

Agreed. Whoever we appoint needs the full support of the fanbase and the owners - nothing is going to happen overnight, especially with a squad which has been put together in its entirety by the ex-manager.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Neil Harris on 15:58 - Dec 10 with 543 viewsitfc48

We know from the transfers Ashton is pretty good at keeping things quiet therefore there's a fair chance all this noise is coming from Harris's agent.
Neil Harris on 16:19 - Dec 10 with 505 viewsRadioOrwell

Neil Harris on 15:04 - Dec 10 by ElephantintheRoom

To be fair Asthon is so clueless that he'd probably interivew a student in a face mask pretending to be Jurgen Klopp... and anyone is free to apply for a job which guaranteed such a fast pay-off.... it doesn't mean any of the greedy gravy train riders flickijg through Marbella villa brochures will get the job.

And to be even fairer the recruitment process has to be shambolic.... Ashton has to get the nod from O'Leary - who knows nothing.... he has to get the nod from the three turkey vultures - who know even less than nothing.... and they have to get the nod from the old prog rocker in Ohio who also knows nothing - but has already learned not to trust the judgment of the clowns further down the food chain.

On this doll, point where Ashton touched you.
Neil Harris on 16:20 - Dec 10 with 497 viewsRadioOrwell

Neil Harris on 15:40 - Dec 10 by itfcsuth

My biggest worry, was the replacement process.

And it's bloody coming true.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2021 15:46]

What's becoming true? ( and try and be specific )
Neil Harris on 16:28 - Dec 10 with 479 viewsitfcsuth

Neil Harris on 16:20 - Dec 10 by RadioOrwell

What's becoming true? ( and try and be specific )

No replacement plan to replace Cook. If you sack somebody like Paul Cook after 4 months in to a long term project, you do it because you have an serious alternative lined up.

For all of ME issues, and there were a long list, he was very good at lining up new managers before he'd pulled the trigger.
Neil Harris on 16:30 - Dec 10 with 461 viewsnodge_blue

Neil Harris on 15:04 - Dec 10 by ElephantintheRoom

To be fair Asthon is so clueless that he'd probably interivew a student in a face mask pretending to be Jurgen Klopp... and anyone is free to apply for a job which guaranteed such a fast pay-off.... it doesn't mean any of the greedy gravy train riders flickijg through Marbella villa brochures will get the job.

And to be even fairer the recruitment process has to be shambolic.... Ashton has to get the nod from O'Leary - who knows nothing.... he has to get the nod from the three turkey vultures - who know even less than nothing.... and they have to get the nod from the old prog rocker in Ohio who also knows nothing - but has already learned not to trust the judgment of the clowns further down the food chain.

Probably still a step up from Evans having a word with 'Arry. Then ignoring him and just going for lucky dip.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Neil Harris on 16:31 - Dec 10 with 458 viewsjayessess

Neil Harris on 16:28 - Dec 10 by itfcsuth

No replacement plan to replace Cook. If you sack somebody like Paul Cook after 4 months in to a long term project, you do it because you have an serious alternative lined up.

For all of ME issues, and there were a long list, he was very good at lining up new managers before he'd pulled the trigger.

Have you considered that "lining someone up before he pulled the trigger" was one reason why he usually hired badly?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Neil Harris on 16:31 - Dec 10 with 454 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

How do you know there is no plan?

How do you know someone has not already signed to become manager?

How do you know that interviews have not taken place?

Chill and dont worry.
Neil Harris on 16:38 - Dec 10 with 425 viewsnodge_blue

Neil Harris on 16:31 - Dec 10 by BlueBlueBluex2

How do you know there is no plan?

How do you know someone has not already signed to become manager?

How do you know that interviews have not taken place?

Chill and dont worry.

Ideally the club would have a vision of the style of football we want to play and the criteria for the manager to have. they would already have identified a few candidates that fit that criteria. Then they would have one of them available or lined up when sacking a manager.

Not sifting through emails sent to the secretary and saying hmmm, this Neil Harris guy sounds interesting.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2021 16:38]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Neil Harris on 16:38 - Dec 10 with 422 viewsjayessess

Kinda weird how some people had such patience with 9 months of bad results, but can't stand a brief interim period whilst we get the new appointment right.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Neil Harris on 16:46 - Dec 10 with 388 viewsRadioOrwell

Now go ahead and explain how you know they haven't got any plans for the future.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024