Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If I have to come to terms with Neil Harris... 08:49 - Dec 14 with 1964 viewsWhataday78

Can someone please tell me what style of football his teams play?
If I have to come to terms with Neil Harris... on 10:27 - Dec 14 with 157 viewsclive_baker

If I have to come to terms with Neil Harris... on 10:11 - Dec 14 by itfcjoe

Some of the football we played in 14/15 under MIck was the best stuff we've seen in a long time - when you van get your team showing relentless energy, when going a goal down doesn't feel a big issue because you will come back, and when you just overrun teams it is fun to watch - it's not something we've done enough of.

Football is fun when shots rain down on the opposition goal, not when you tap it around at the back.

Our squad can play any style really, and whichever we choose some will fall by the way side - but to think having Bonne and Norwood up front in this league isn't going to cause issues is mad - when we had Norwood and Jackson up front teams couldn't cope

Quite, although some people seem to obsess over possession stats. Norwood and Bonne as a front 2 is right up Harris' street, and as a former forward himself he'll recognise that. They're both busy, can run the channels, can finish, got a bit of a nasty streak in them, streetwise, can hold the ball up. With Chaplin, Morsy, Celina, Burns et al we have the quality to get talented players around them and to create, and to protect the back 4. We've been guilty of overthinking and over playing under Cook IMO, and under Lambert for that matter. 2 up front, more direct, less cute. Let the defence defend, retain our defensive shape, and let's get the ball forward and play more of our football in the areas where we have the players to cause problems.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024