Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do you want? 21:55 - Feb 8 with 3618 viewsbluejacko

A good performance and losing or getting the job done not playing well?
Because reading some of the comments it seems some would prefer to lose!
What do you want? on 22:38 - Feb 8 with 1336 viewsitfcjoe

What do you want? on 22:28 - Feb 8 by BarcaBlue

Watching from behind the sofa? Don't be daft, we didn't let them have a meaningful attack all match.

Just looked at Sofa score for the stats

Donny had 3 shots and 0 on target

We had 14 shots inside the penalty box and 5 'big chances'

If that is causing people to get behind the sofa then no helping them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What do you want? on 22:39 - Feb 8 with 1325 viewsBarcaBlue

What do you want? on 22:16 - Feb 8 by FrimleyBlue

It can be controlled and ugly.

We won with a 2 yard tap in.

We had alot of passes going into the stands, players not working well with others on occasions and alot of loose balls.

So again happy with the win. Agree we weren't gonna lose that game..said as much in the first half.

Just personally want to see it a bit more tidy for sat.

It wasn't ugly though, we just played a completely controlled 90 minutes. Ugly is having to watch Wycombe every week, we were nothing like that. You just want to deflect from what has been a major turnaround in the last 8 matches based on 30 seconds into a press conference.
What do you want? on 22:40 - Feb 8 with 1325 viewsJDB23

What do you want? on 22:16 - Feb 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

Are they the only two options?

I'm delighted with a win but I hate watching Ipswich from behind the sofa. Against a poor Doncaster, bottom of the table, we should be beating teams like this easily, not wasting time at the end. We appear to have nothing up front, both Bonne and Norwood are looking poor.

Well you have to take into consideration of where we came from. You can't just ignore the absolute mess Cook made of us and then expect us to be smashing teams week in week out.
What do you want? on 22:44 - Feb 8 with 1298 viewsjayessess

What do you want? on 22:34 - Feb 8 by FrimleyBlue

I've yet to see anyone say they aren't happy with KM and the job he's doing.

Plenty of questions about player input tho which I think is fair. There's something missing in that final third. The rest us spot on and can I say how much I love donacien, a defender whipping crosses in is brilliant.

There certainly was something missing on Saturday. But tonight some people have mistaken a poor night converting chances for a poor attacking performance more generally.

How good your finishing is will vary, that's perfectly normal. It's not a consistent flaw that we have, quite the opposite, we're one of the most clinical teams in the division.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 22:46]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

What do you want? on 22:45 - Feb 8 with 1290 viewsFrimleyBlue

What do you want? on 22:39 - Feb 8 by BarcaBlue

It wasn't ugly though, we just played a completely controlled 90 minutes. Ugly is having to watch Wycombe every week, we were nothing like that. You just want to deflect from what has been a major turnaround in the last 8 matches based on 30 seconds into a press conference.

You can keep trying to throw that in. It ain't gonna change anything. I'll stand by the first impression. Again even if we win the league next season I'll still stand by it. So move on

What I can do is judge on the now too. He's managing well.
There's something missing which I hope he finds.

It was ugly. You disagree that's fine. But for me it was. Seeing so many balls kicked out of play under minimal pressure is ugly. End of day we both agree we got 3 points. We controlled the game and we were never losing that game.

Oh and BTW. Agree Wycombe football is also ugly. But effective annoyingly.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

What do you want? on 22:49 - Feb 8 with 1265 viewsFrimleyBlue

What do you want? on 22:44 - Feb 8 by jayessess

There certainly was something missing on Saturday. But tonight some people have mistaken a poor night converting chances for a poor attacking performance more generally.

How good your finishing is will vary, that's perfectly normal. It's not a consistent flaw that we have, quite the opposite, we're one of the most clinical teams in the division.

Agree I think some have seen some things that aren't there. But I've always said people entitled to their opinions so won't comment on it

My slight annoyance this evening was just the lack of understanding of runs. So often Chaplin tried a flick and Bonne was nowhere. Or bakinson made a run and celina turned the other way. Burns was open at one point and evens ignored him.

Probably due to the lack of regular starting lineup.. but as mentioned in another thread.. you dont really stop something that's working. So maybe the rotation is the best way.. who knows.

Oh I would tho slap a fine on norwood. You can't miss the target from there lol.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

What do you want? on 23:26 - Feb 8 with 1240 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What do you want? on 22:18 - Feb 8 by Dyland

Because he was fooking sh1te Jerseys, whichever way yous spin it. Whose fault is it we have so much ground to make up? I'll even give people (if they are desperate to defend Cook) it's just a bit more time it's started clicking, but really.

We should have buried these tonight. And we've been lucky in the last two. But we are more solid. We look like a team, even though struggling to see that much improvement going forward. But 6 out of 8, and we move on to the difficult games... let's see... Morsy back as well, who is the one player we really can't replace.

COYFB

Agree with everything you've said there. I just don't see the need for some to keep bringing up Cook when talking about an individual game. I haven't mentioned McKenna in terms of tonight's performance.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

What do you want? on 23:29 - Feb 8 with 1238 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What do you want? on 22:28 - Feb 8 by BarcaBlue

Watching from behind the sofa? Don't be daft, we didn't let them have a meaningful attack all match.

It's just years of seeing Town not hang onto a 1-0. I'd hope to be a bit more comfortable against the bottom club in League 1.

Login to get fewer ads

What do you want? on 23:33 - Feb 8 with 1230 viewsN2_Blue

What do you want? on 23:29 - Feb 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

It's just years of seeing Town not hang onto a 1-0. I'd hope to be a bit more comfortable against the bottom club in League 1.

We were comfortable.

Read the Doncaster fan comments that have been posted here.

I like you dollers but you're being a bit wierd about Town recently and being a bit whingey when there is a lot to moan about currently.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

What do you want? on 23:36 - Feb 8 with 1225 viewsclive_baker

I don’t understand the not playing well thing tonight. It was a pretty comprehensive away win, it’s rare that sides in the 3rd tier go away from home and are quite that dominant. I think the only thing missing was another goal or 2 as a result of some poor finishing. It was a much better performance than at Wimbledon, albeit the score line doesn’t reflect that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What do you want? on 23:43 - Feb 8 with 1204 viewsStrimmer

Tonight was a good performance however you slice it. A few poor passes and some bad finishing yes, but the stats don’t lie on this occasion. Comprehensive, 3-0 would’ve been fair.

Poll: Was it a punch?

What do you want? on 23:49 - Feb 8 with 1198 viewsclive_baker

What do you want? on 23:43 - Feb 8 by Strimmer

Tonight was a good performance however you slice it. A few poor passes and some bad finishing yes, but the stats don’t lie on this occasion. Comprehensive, 3-0 would’ve been fair.

Feels like people look at a scoreline and come to a conclusion. We were probably a Bonne header or Norwood not slicing his chance wide away from a 2-0 and everyone coming on here saying it was men vs boys. Sure, it wasn’t perfect but if anyone is waiting for perfection they’ll be waiting a long time. We’re in the 3rd tier, we’ve gone a long way from home on a Tuesday night against a side fighting for their futures and buoyed by a win at Sunderland and schooled them tbh.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 23:50]

What do you want? on 07:34 - Feb 9 with 1106 viewsBlueStreak

What do you want? on 23:49 - Feb 8 by clive_baker

Feels like people look at a scoreline and come to a conclusion. We were probably a Bonne header or Norwood not slicing his chance wide away from a 2-0 and everyone coming on here saying it was men vs boys. Sure, it wasn’t perfect but if anyone is waiting for perfection they’ll be waiting a long time. We’re in the 3rd tier, we’ve gone a long way from home on a Tuesday night against a side fighting for their futures and buoyed by a win at Sunderland and schooled them tbh.

Exactly I don’t get the weird comments around our performance tonight (apart from Makin, but standard). I thought we were excellent first half against a team who would have had renewed confidence from Saturday. Some of our passages of play were really good to watch and we moved the ball across the pitch quickly and with energy. Bonne scores after 2 mins and it is basically game over already. Thought we were good defensively and decent all over the pitch apart from the final third where we need to be ruthless. Good win, decent performance and roll onto Satters. Need to break this WWL routine though.
What do you want? on 07:42 - Feb 9 with 1083 viewsDyland

What do you want? on 07:34 - Feb 9 by BlueStreak

Exactly I don’t get the weird comments around our performance tonight (apart from Makin, but standard). I thought we were excellent first half against a team who would have had renewed confidence from Saturday. Some of our passages of play were really good to watch and we moved the ball across the pitch quickly and with energy. Bonne scores after 2 mins and it is basically game over already. Thought we were good defensively and decent all over the pitch apart from the final third where we need to be ruthless. Good win, decent performance and roll onto Satters. Need to break this WWL routine though.

It was hugely frustrating not having our striking boots on. But even though our final attacking ball left something to be desired, and the second half was a bit disjointed at times, as the end drew near I only felt meh once, when their goalie came up for the last corner, and even then I didn't really worry they would score. We just look more solid generally, and aren't a soft touch. Plenty of fair reasons for losing at Hillsborough, but no need to make excuses really, it's what's ahead that counts and we should be confident going into Saturday with Morsy back, and Thompson looking like he's up to speed. Need Celina to start, and sort out our striking boots. It could be a cracking game. Gotta take each one one at a time innit.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What do you want? on 07:54 - Feb 9 with 1070 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What do you want? on 23:33 - Feb 8 by N2_Blue

We were comfortable.

Read the Doncaster fan comments that have been posted here.

I like you dollers but you're being a bit wierd about Town recently and being a bit whingey when there is a lot to moan about currently.

We are never comfortable at 1-0. I don't need to read Doncaster fan comments to know that.

What do you want? on 07:57 - Feb 9 with 1066 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What do you want? on 23:49 - Feb 8 by clive_baker

Equally if Donny had scored from that last minute corner we'd be saying season over after drawing at the bottom team.

What do you want? on 08:01 - Feb 9 with 1059 viewsDyland

What do you want? on 07:57 - Feb 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

Equally if Donny had scored from that last minute corner we'd be saying season over after drawing at the bottom team.

Alright Eeyore :)

What do you want? on 08:01 - Feb 9 with 1058 viewsreusersfreekicks

Did that corner result in an effort on target?
Thought not
What do you want? on 08:03 - Feb 9 with 1055 viewsDyland

What do you want? on 07:54 - Feb 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

We are never comfortable at 1-0. I don't need to read Doncaster fan comments to know that.

We were last night. You're still perceiving it based on the last five odd years. Which is understandable I guess.

What do you want? on 08:10 - Feb 9 with 1043 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What do you want? on 08:01 - Feb 9 by reusersfreekicks

Did that corner result in an effort on target?
Thought not

Did Norwood's slice result in an effort on target?
Thought not

What do you want? on 08:10 - Feb 9 with 1041 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What do you want? on 08:03 - Feb 9 by Dyland

We were last night. You're still perceiving it based on the last five odd years. Which is understandable I guess.

Five?! And the rest!

What do you want? on 08:21 - Feb 9 with 1019 viewsclive_baker

Yes, result wise, but it would’ve been entirely unjust and that’s what we’re talking about. We all know the scoreline, it isn’t up for debate. Beyond that the performance was good, controlled, creative, dominant. Just about every metric points to that being the case and I really don’t know how anyone can watch that game and say we played badly.

What do you want? on 08:24 - Feb 9 with 1014 viewsDyland

What do you want? on 08:10 - Feb 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

Five?! And the rest!

It's from January 2017 innit, perhaps before. That QPR away game where we tried to shut up shop when in the ascendancy, followed swift on the heels by the abject performance at Sincil Bank. That's when it all started going south imo.

What do you want? on 08:31 - Feb 9 with 1009 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What do you want? on 08:21 - Feb 9 by clive_baker

Yes, result wise, but it would’ve been entirely unjust and that’s what we’re talking about. We all know the scoreline, it isn’t up for debate. Beyond that the performance was good, controlled, creative, dominant. Just about every metric points to that being the case and I really don’t know how anyone can watch that game and say we played badly.

I'm not saying we played badly, and yes that scenario would've been unjust... but it doesn't stop it from being the sort of thing Ipswich do!

I'm probably being a tad harsh because I was hoping for a bit more of a relaxing evening for a change!

What do you want? on 08:32 - Feb 9 with 1008 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What do you want? on 08:24 - Feb 9 by Dyland

It's from January 2017 innit, perhaps before. That QPR away game where we tried to shut up shop when in the ascendancy, followed swift on the heels by the abject performance at Sincil Bank. That's when it all started going south imo.

I dunno, I can barely remember 5 weeks ago.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024