Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bands you need to see before you die 19:37 - Feb 20 with 4371 viewsGlasgowBlue

Seen pretty much every big act that I wanted. Bowie, Macca, The Stones, The Who etc. So for me it's the Rumours line up of Fleetwood Mac.

Highly unlikely.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Bands you need to see before you die on 19:59 - Feb 20 with 2269 viewsFtnfwest

Done once. Saw them a couple of years earlier without Christine mcvie as well and there wasn't a massive difference although her presence gave them a wider repertoire of course. But without Buckingham not worth while.
Bands you need to see before you die on 20:17 - Feb 20 with 2223 viewsblueislander

I saw the full line up at the NEC Birmingham about 5 years ago. I believe that was the last time they all played together, because the next gigs were cancelled due to John McVie’s health. No chance it will happen again.

My claim to fame is having seen Buddy Holly. At Ipswich Gaumont March 12th 1958.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 20:19]
Bands you need to see before you die on 21:04 - Feb 20 with 2139 viewsLord_Lucan

Likewise, for me I have seen pretty much everyone I have wanted to see.

Fleetwood Mac and Supertramp escaped me.

I had a ticket for Fleetwood Mac around late 80's / early 90's but an employee was getting married and I went to his wedding.

I wish I hadn't

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Bands you need to see before you die on 21:10 - Feb 20 with 2108 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I've always managed to miss Fleetwood Mac.

Oasis would be the one I'd most like to happen that I think could happen, I know they split opinion but a comeback in Manchester would be mega.

Never seen Mark Knofler either and I'd like to get to see Joan Armatrading if I could, she still tours quite regularly

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Bands you need to see before you die on 21:26 - Feb 20 with 2059 viewshype313

Bands you need to see before you die on 21:10 - Feb 20 by BlueandTruesince82

Oasis would be the one I'd most like to happen that I think could happen, I know they split opinion but a comeback in Manchester would be mega.

Never seen Mark Knofler either and I'd like to get to see Joan Armatrading if I could, she still tours quite regularly

Never going to happen now Buckingham has been sacked, you needed him next alongside Stevie Nicks as they had an edge which brought the best out of them.

Can't blame them for wanting to call touring a day, they're all in thier 70's now.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Bands you need to see before you die on 21:31 - Feb 20 with 2044 viewsLord_Lucan

Bands you need to see before you die on 21:10 - Feb 20 by BlueandTruesince82

I was at V Festival Chelmsford the year Oasis didn't turn up, from memory they had a big bust up the night before in Stafford and that's when they called it a day.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Bands you need to see before you die on 21:39 - Feb 20 with 2021 viewsMelford

Macca, Dylan and Neil Young are the big ones I'd love to see that I haven't already.

My Bloody Valentine if they ever tour again.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Bands you need to see before you die on 21:44 - Feb 20 with 2003 viewsLord_Lucan

Bands you need to see before you die on 21:39 - Feb 20 by Melford

Macca, Dylan and Neil Young are the big ones I'd love to see that I haven't already.

My Bloody Valentine if they ever tour again.

I've seen Macca and Neil Young.

Macca was very good to be honest, as you would expect.

Neil Young was a miserable sod and didn't play what you wanted him to play, as you would expect.

Login to get fewer ads

Bands you need to see before you die on 21:46 - Feb 20 with 1969 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Would like to see Radiohead.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Bands you need to see before you die on 21:47 - Feb 20 with 1961 viewsBlueForYou

Bands you need to see before you die on 21:04 - Feb 20 by Lord_Lucan

Likewise, for me I have seen pretty much everyone I have wanted to see.

Fleetwood Mac and Supertramp escaped me.

I had a ticket for Fleetwood Mac around late 80's / early 90's but an employee was getting married and I went to his wedding.

I wish I hadn't

Saw Supertramp at Ipswich Gaumont, must have been 1976. Supported by Joan Armatrading.
Bands you need to see before you die on 21:50 - Feb 20 with 1950 viewsBLUEGOLD

Bands you need to see before you die on 21:31 - Feb 20 by Lord_Lucan

I was at V Festival Chelmsford the year Oasis didn't turn up, from memory they had a big bust up the night before in Stafford and that's when they called it a day.

I saw them in Stafford and yes it all kicked off backstage afterwards
Bands you need to see before you die on 22:01 - Feb 20 with 1910 viewsMelford

Bands you need to see before you die on 21:44 - Feb 20 by Lord_Lucan

I've seen Macca and Neil Young.

Macca was very good to be honest, as you would expect.

Neil Young was a miserable sod and didn't play what you wanted him to play, as you would expect.

My old man has saw Dylan a couple of times and what you said about Neil Young he said about Dylan. I'd still like to see him though.

You just want to see them if they're over here because you might not get a chance to see them again. I paid over the odds a couple of years ago to see Steely Dan, Fagen is in his 70s and this may be the last time they come to the UK so I had to do it.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Bands you need to see before you die on 22:52 - Feb 20 with 1846 viewsmylittletown

Bands you need to see before you die on 21:47 - Feb 20 by BlueForYou

Saw Supertramp at Ipswich Gaumont, must have been 1976. Supported by Joan Armatrading.

Supertramp were the band at our 'Freshers Ball'. Playing their new album Crime of the Century. Not really my thing, but they were pretty good.
I'd like to have seen Otis Redding, but that seems unlikely to happen!
Bands you need to see before you die on 22:55 - Feb 20 with 1829 viewsmylittletown

Bands you need to see before you die on 22:01 - Feb 20 by Melford

My old man has saw Dylan a couple of times and what you said about Neil Young he said about Dylan. I'd still like to see him though.

You just want to see them if they're over here because you might not get a chance to see them again. I paid over the odds a couple of years ago to see Steely Dan, Fagen is in his 70s and this may be the last time they come to the UK so I had to do it.

I saw Steely Dan at Wembley Arena about 25 years ago. Probably past their best but still a wonderful concert.
They must be right up there amongst the truly great bands.
Bands you need to see before you die on 23:01 - Feb 20 with 1801 viewsCoastalblue

Never going to happen but would love to see an original line up Specials gig for the nostalgia.

Gutted I never saw the Feelgoods with Wilko and Lee Brilleaux, have shared beers with them both on more than one occasion but never saw them play together.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Bands you need to see before you die on 23:04 - Feb 20 with 1795 viewspositivity

you'd probably need a time machine to see any of the band in this thread at anywhere near their peak.

probably best to pick a band in their prime

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Bands you need to see before you die on 23:19 - Feb 20 with 1782 viewsnorfsufblue

Bands you need to see before you die on 23:01 - Feb 20 by Coastalblue

Never going to happen but would love to see an original line up Specials gig for the nostalgia.

Gutted I never saw the Feelgoods with Wilko and Lee Brilleaux, have shared beers with them both on more than one occasion but never saw them play together.

So glad I got to see The Specials ( along with The Selecter and Dexys)on the original two tone tour.... seen the 30th and 40th anniversaries too, they will always be "Specials" to me
Bands you need to see before you die on 23:32 - Feb 20 with 1767 viewsMattinLondon

Massive Attack - would be great to see them.

Nirvana- obviously will be impossible to see them but if someone invents a time machine then I’ll go back to 1992 to see them at Reading festival.
Bands you need to see before you die on 23:49 - Feb 20 with 1734 viewsWeWereZombies

Ipswich Civic College - 1975?, anyway, they were third on the bill behind The Pretty Things, Heads Hands and Feet. Wilko Johnson upstaged everyone with his upthrusting guitar moves, filthy...

Having seen Zep in their prime, U2 starting out, Graham Parker starting out, Patti Smith coming up to 70 but still in her prime (true for Van Morrison both times I saw him too), Brian Wilson well past his prime but fúck it's Brian Wilson on stage, and so on then I guess the band I need to see before I die is one I have never heard of and who are just starting out, much like Graham Parker and the Rumour were at the Manor Ballroom in 1975. Or maybe Springsteen.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Bands you need to see before you die on 23:50 - Feb 20 with 1733 viewsmylittletown

Saw the Feelgoods twice in 1975. Possibly the best live act I've ever seen, certainly the best small venue live act I've ever seen.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 23:51]
Bands you need to see before you die on 00:11 - Feb 21 with 1687 viewsWhos_blue

Within the realms of possibilty, (i e. Not having a time machine) I've seen pretty much everyone I wanted to see. I would have liked to have seen Parklife era Blur. I went off them after that and never bothered. I just never got around to it at the time.
One band I'm still yet to see are Blondie.
I had tix for Brian Wilson in June 2020. The gig still hasn't been officially cancelled, so there's still hope!!!

Current artists on my wish list are Michael Kiwanuka, Jane Weaver and Wet Leg, to name but a few.

I know it's not the purpose of the thread, but if I could see one artist, it would be Moon era Who. Possibly followed by The Jam, or maybe Hendrix.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Bands you need to see before you die on 00:18 - Feb 21 with 1679 viewsnorfsufblue

Bands you need to see before you die on 00:11 - Feb 21 by Whos_blue

Within the realms of possibilty, (i e. Not having a time machine) I've seen pretty much everyone I wanted to see. I would have liked to have seen Parklife era Blur. I went off them after that and never bothered. I just never got around to it at the time.
One band I'm still yet to see are Blondie.
I had tix for Brian Wilson in June 2020. The gig still hasn't been officially cancelled, so there's still hope!!!

Current artists on my wish list are Michael Kiwanuka, Jane Weaver and Wet Leg, to name but a few.

I know it's not the purpose of the thread, but if I could see one artist, it would be Moon era Who. Possibly followed by The Jam, or maybe Hendrix.

Saw Blondie at Hyde Park Radio 2 thing.... was great to be there but tbh regretted never seeing them back in the day.... one band who are still great today and I recommend if you've not seen them is Squeeze...... I'd pay good money to see a mash up band of Queen/Beatles with serving members!
Bands you need to see before you die on 00:21 - Feb 21 with 1673 viewsWhos_blue

Bands you need to see before you die on 00:18 - Feb 21 by norfsufblue

Saw Blondie at Hyde Park Radio 2 thing.... was great to be there but tbh regretted never seeing them back in the day.... one band who are still great today and I recommend if you've not seen them is Squeeze...... I'd pay good money to see a mash up band of Queen/Beatles with serving members!

Two drumners though?
It would be like Adam and the Ants!!! 😄

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Bands you need to see before you die on 00:32 - Feb 21 with 1665 viewsnorfsufblue

Bands you need to see before you die on 00:21 - Feb 21 by Whos_blue

Two drumners though?
It would be like Adam and the Ants!!! 😄

Probably a good idea at their age now!..... I'd stick Jeff Lynne in there too just for good measure
Bands you need to see before you die on 07:05 - Feb 21 with 1556 viewsBondiBlue

Bands you need to see before you die on 21:50 - Feb 20 by BLUEGOLD

I saw them in Stafford and yes it all kicked off backstage afterwards

I saw them at milton keynes bowl but i made the classic mistake of booking a train ticket home for shortly after the show was due to finish. Predictably, they were an hour late on stage and we had to leave halfway through 'live forever'. I will never forvive them.

Poll: Which would you accept?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024