Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? 13:27 - Mar 10 with 4766 viewsIP4_Blue

I would be against it, as I think we would just need to eventually replace Cobbold and Magners stands. Also the statues we have at Portman Rd

I see Cruncher had mentioned this on twitter. Do you think it could happen?
How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:28 - Mar 10 with 2797 viewsabracaDOBRA_

no and no
How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:29 - Mar 10 with 2781 viewsSitfcB

No.

Downvoted just for the thought of it.

People would prefer the death penalty back.

Next.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:32 - Mar 10 with 2765 viewstextbackup

depends on two things for me
- site
- layout of stadium.

on industrial estate out of town, no
bowl shaped souless shthole, no

on same site, or still close to town (so on the alderman road park bit) yes
looks like 4 stands still, yes

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:32 - Mar 10 with 2740 viewsFtnfwest

I kind of have this vision of each stand, starting with Cobbold being replaced to match the sir bob (and ending with sir Alf as it's the newest of the other 3. But wouldn't even consider moving anywhere else.
How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:33 - Mar 10 with 2733 viewsFixed_It

How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:29 - Mar 10 by SitfcB

No.

Next.

Death penalty for Cruncher? Seems a bit harsh...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:34 - Mar 10 with 2707 viewsSitfcB

How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:32 - Mar 10 by textbackup

depends on two things for me
- site
- layout of stadium.

on industrial estate out of town, no
bowl shaped souless shthole, no

on same site, or still close to town (so on the alderman road park bit) yes
looks like 4 stands still, yes

It would be a bowl :( easier to build and properly cheaper.

Just develop the Cobbold and we’ll be fine. That can be the new main stand with changing rooms, tunnel, executive suites and the like. New TV gantry, press boxes.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:40 - Mar 10 with 2663 viewsSteve_M

How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:29 - Mar 10 by SitfcB

No.

Next.

It's a dreadful idea isn't it? Perfect walking distance to the Town centre and many fans' homes. Plus five minutes from the train station.

It's like some fans have never been to Reading or Coventry or any of the other dreadful out of town grounds.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:41 - Mar 10 with 2654 viewsabracaDOBRA_

How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:34 - Mar 10 by SitfcB

Just develop the Cobbold and we’ll be fine. That can be the new main stand with changing rooms, tunnel, executive suites and the like. New TV gantry, press boxes.

Im pretty sure one of gamechanger said they didn't want to move stadiums anyway. I remember hearing it and thinking 'phew'
Login to get fewer ads

How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:41 - Mar 10 with 2657 viewsTheBoyBlue

Wouldn't be against it if it genuinely helped move the club forward, but it would be a pity for a number of reasons.

It is near the town, the railway station and the training pitch is a great spot to hold events and for the Fanzone for example. And when all is said and done, it is an important link to the glory days. It is where Sir Alf and Sir Bob stood in the dugout, the likes of the Beat, Mariner, Butcher, Wark, Muhren, Holland, Stewart and so many others played, not to mention the big names from other teams like Cruyff, Best and Beckham. Where the UEFA Cup was effectively won, the league was won. So many happy memories.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:43 - Mar 10 with 2633 viewsBlue_Order

Only on the condition that we can have a new old north stand and everybody that doesn’t sing is removed from it and put down the other end.
How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:43 - Mar 10 with 2624 viewsITFC_Forever

Absolutely not.

It's in a perfect location where it is - why would anyone want to move?

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:43 - Mar 10 with 2622 viewsFtnfwest

How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:40 - Mar 10 by Steve_M

It's a dreadful idea isn't it? Perfect walking distance to the Town centre and many fans' homes. Plus five minutes from the train station.

It's like some fans have never been to Reading or Coventry or any of the other dreadful out of town grounds.

and the one down the road...
How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:45 - Mar 10 with 2588 viewsBobbychase

Never. Our stadium is not only ideally located in terms of transport links like the train station, it would be another huge blow to the town centre. If anything I hope the Gamechanger lot, especially Detmer with his real estate expertise, are looking at ways of linking the town centre, the stadium and the dockside.

Cannot see a situation where I would ever be in favour of moving.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:47 - Mar 10 with 2568 viewsJon_456

Theres just no need for it.

Re-develop the Cobbold to increase capacity to circa 33-35k and if we ever need more (unlikely) then we can replace the Magnus stand.
How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:52 - Mar 10 with 2514 viewsEwan_Oozami

How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:34 - Mar 10 by SitfcB

Cobbold probably won't become the main stand as it faces west...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:53 - Mar 10 with 2503 viewsClapham_Junction

I think the fact that the council owns the stadium (or at least the land) means the club can't make any money from selling PR, which hopefully kills off any business case for building a new ground elsewhere.
How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:53 - Mar 10 with 2493 viewsJ2BLUE

No. I would be fiercely against this.

Thankfully it's not on the cards. Ashton has mentioned rebuilding a stand, not rebuilding the stadium. The club is the heart of the town and needs to stay where it is.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:54 - Mar 10 with 2491 viewsMattinLondon

How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:43 - Mar 10 by Blue_Order

Only on the condition that we can have a new old north stand and everybody that doesn’t sing is removed from it and put down the other end.

If people don’t sing you’re going to put them down?
How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:55 - Mar 10 with 2484 viewssnotbucket

To be a sustainable competitive premier league club I think you're looking at crowds of 40,000+.
How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:56 - Mar 10 with 2471 viewsEastTownBlue

Out of town close to the A12/A14 but difficult to park such as Reading/Brighton ? For those that don't drive relying on park and ride buses from the station.

No thanks. Bad for businesses in town too.
How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:58 - Mar 10 with 2458 viewsitfcsuth

I don't think you could move from Portman Road, wouldn't feel right, it has been our home since 1884. The stadium is dripped in history.

I wouldn't be against modernising stands on the existing site though.

You can't move the home of Ipswich Town away from Portman Road though.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2022 14:01]
How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 14:01 - Mar 10 with 2438 viewsleitrimblue

I personally feel that relocating the stadium to the North West of Ireland could work well..
How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 14:02 - Mar 10 with 2414 viewstextbackup

How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:52 - Mar 10 by Ewan_Oozami

Cobbold probably won't become the main stand as it faces west...

MA said the stadium has it back to the town, which means the cobbold should become the main stand, facing the town...

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 14:04 - Mar 10 with 2401 viewsBlueBadger

If Bedsheet is in favour of it, it's a bad idea.

New Stadia are invariably soulless bowls located miles out of time with nightmare public transport access, no proper pubs nearby and named after crap corporate entities or rubbish local business people.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 14:04 - Mar 10 with 2390 viewsBlue_Order

How would people feel about us moving to a brand new purpose built stadium? on 13:54 - Mar 10 by MattinLondon

If people don’t sing you’re going to put them down?

It’s for the greater good.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024