Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A very good mate of mine who is a true blue 17:59 - Mar 19 with 16527 viewshomer_123

was at the game today...having tested positive via PCR for Covid.

I'm lost for words...

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 14:23 - Mar 20 with 1455 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 20:44 - Mar 19 by Ryorry

Arguably, not locking down earlier & more stringently meant we had to lock down stringently for an even longer period later on. Another type of 'false economy'.

Allowing the Cheltenham Festival (racing) in March 2020 & the Liverpool v Madrid Champs Lge game at Anfield in April 2020 to go ahead, plus not banning travel from problematic countries a lot sooner than we did, were catastrophic errors costing tens of thousands of lives, including that of an old friend of mine who'd gone to the L'pool game as a guest.

See my reply to Lucan, I don't agree with most of this.

Also the Liverpool game was not in April, it was March 11th the same week where the entire world changed.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 14:41]
A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 14:31 - Mar 20 with 1431 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 22:20 - Mar 19 by mylittletown

Easily said, but as a 65 year old who has managed to avoid it for more than two years, I got COVID this week, and it not funny.
It is not like a heavy cold, or anything like. I am very fit, fully vaccinated, very careful, absolutely no other health issues, and I may well have to go to get some serious treatment if I am not showing signs of getting better tomorrow.
It is not like living with flu.

Firstly I hope you feel better! Covid seems to affect people all kinds of ways, many I know of your age that got the virus before vaccines were available had it much milder than you but there can be all kinds of factors involved. So good luck with the recovery.

I am sure though as a 65 year old 2 years in you would not be advocating of locking down our youth, virtual university education, travel bans etc? There really is no way of 100% avoiding the virus (as your experience kinds of proves) and there obviously isn't an endless pot of money to support people that need it now.

Another point I would make is later in life people have had their experiences and years tick along. Kids at school, Young adults going to university, their first job in the city etc, those are times they can not get back (they'll be paying for it for decades to come as well). So in kind of our where we are now.

I hope you feel better.
A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 14:49 - Mar 20 with 1393 viewsmylittletown

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 14:31 - Mar 20 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Firstly I hope you feel better! Covid seems to affect people all kinds of ways, many I know of your age that got the virus before vaccines were available had it much milder than you but there can be all kinds of factors involved. So good luck with the recovery.

I am sure though as a 65 year old 2 years in you would not be advocating of locking down our youth, virtual university education, travel bans etc? There really is no way of 100% avoiding the virus (as your experience kinds of proves) and there obviously isn't an endless pot of money to support people that need it now.

Another point I would make is later in life people have had their experiences and years tick along. Kids at school, Young adults going to university, their first job in the city etc, those are times they can not get back (they'll be paying for it for decades to come as well). So in kind of our where we are now.

I hope you feel better.

What I would advocate is very simple. If you have any symptoms at all, test yourself. If you test positive, isolate immediately, test yourself daily and don't go back into circulation until you test negative.
Apart from anything else that is no more than a responsible attitude to society.
It is entirely possible that I got the virus from someone who was asymptomatic or pre-symptoms. It also possible that I got it from an antisocial, selfish sh1tbag, like the one mentioned in the OP.
A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 16:52 - Mar 20 with 1328 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 14:31 - Mar 20 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I hope you feel better.

Yeah sh!t happens. I'm sorry but this is a once-in-a-lifetime event and I'm afraid it's tough luck. Because some young people are missing out on some stuff isn't a reason to just give up and let loads of people die. 80 years ago they'd be getting packed off to fight in the trenches - I'd expect you'd be saying they shouldn't have to go, they'll miss their first Jive lessons. Many of them never got those years back either. We've all had to make sacrifices.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 16:59 - Mar 20 with 1303 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 16:52 - Mar 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yeah sh!t happens. I'm sorry but this is a once-in-a-lifetime event and I'm afraid it's tough luck. Because some young people are missing out on some stuff isn't a reason to just give up and let loads of people die. 80 years ago they'd be getting packed off to fight in the trenches - I'd expect you'd be saying they shouldn't have to go, they'll miss their first Jive lessons. Many of them never got those years back either. We've all had to make sacrifices.

What are you going on about? It’s not April 2020.
A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 18:16 - Mar 20 with 1243 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 13:47 - Mar 20 by Ryorry

Also liquorice, and liqourice tea (both in moderation). As you're in London you could probably get it delivered by the end of the day, if you've none already in.

Whoops...forgot the link!
https://www.fnp.com/blog/7-herbs-that-are-natural-remedies-for-a-sore-throat

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 18:56 - Mar 20 with 1204 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 16:59 - Mar 20 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

What are you going on about? It’s not April 2020.

Yeah it's great that Covid is all over now.

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 18:58 - Mar 20 with 1200 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 18:56 - Mar 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yeah it's great that Covid is all over now.

What are you doing at stadiums then if you’re that worried?

It isn’t going anywhere! We have the vaccines, what else do you exactly propose?
Login to get fewer ads

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 19:01 - Mar 20 with 1195 viewsbluejacko

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 18:58 - Mar 20 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It isn’t going anywhere! We have the vaccines, what else do you exactly propose?

Now now don’t dare to talk sense on here!
A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 19:31 - Mar 20 with 1178 viewsjayessess

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 18:58 - Mar 20 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

If you're sick and infectious try and avoid other people? How is that an unreasonable thing to ask!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 19:31 - Mar 20 with 1180 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

It's not about me, but yes, like many, I got complacent. I'm paying for it now.

Again you're contradicting yourself. You're saying "We have the vaccines" and yet earlier said they won't make a difference now.

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 19:32 - Mar 20 with 1177 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 19:01 - Mar 20 by bluejacko

Now now don’t dare to talk sense on here!

I must've missed the bit where he's talking sense.

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 20:02 - Mar 20 with 1154 viewsRyorry

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 14:23 - Mar 20 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

See my reply to Lucan, I don't agree with most of this.

Also the Liverpool game was not in April, it was March 11th the same week where the entire world changed.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 14:41]

You seem to have missed the part of my post which said that not banning incoming flights from problematic countries was a catastrophic error.

But as you've said that most of your friends & family in the UK disagree with you, and you respect their opinion, I don't suppose I'll be able to influence you any further.

Apols for the error re date.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 20:38 - Mar 20 with 1108 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 20:02 - Mar 20 by Ryorry

You seem to have missed the part of my post which said that not banning incoming flights from problematic countries was a catastrophic error.

But as you've said that most of your friends & family in the UK disagree with you, and you respect their opinion, I don't suppose I'll be able to influence you any further.

Apols for the error re date.

And you missed the part about me saying it was already here from Feb and early March. Shutting everything down on March 12th really wouldn’t make much difference and passenger numbers fell off a cliff anyway.
A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 20:49 - Mar 20 with 1098 viewsLord_Lucan

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 20:38 - Mar 20 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

And you missed the part about me saying it was already here from Feb and early March. Shutting everything down on March 12th really wouldn’t make much difference and passenger numbers fell off a cliff anyway.

Whitty is reported to have said - most of the imported infections were skiing Brits coming back from holiday in Italy and that shutting down travel would not have made any difference of note. He went on to say that if you suppress the first wave too much then you are going to be in bigger trouble come the second wave.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 20:53 - Mar 20 with 1088 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 19:31 - Mar 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

It's not about me, but yes, like many, I got complacent. I'm paying for it now.

Again you're contradicting yourself. You're saying "We have the vaccines" and yet earlier said they won't make a difference now.

Are you really not reading my posts or stupid? I said the vaccine probably didn’t make any difference to how you were feeling after you contracting this variant. I didn’t say the vaccines made no difference to the pandemic.
A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 20:56 - Mar 20 with 1080 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 20:49 - Mar 20 by Lord_Lucan

Whitty is reported to have said - most of the imported infections were skiing Brits coming back from holiday in Italy and that shutting down travel would not have made any difference of note. He went on to say that if you suppress the first wave too much then you are going to be in bigger trouble come the second wave.

Yep, the UK had community spread early March. Like most other European counties.
A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 20:59 - Mar 20 with 1066 viewsberkstractorboy

We have vaccines and many refuse to take them, guess what they ae the ones in hospital draining NHS resources so other sick patients aren't getting the attention and treatment they need.

What can we do? Tough to answer, but one thing for sure if you know you have covid then isolate until test negative to help prevent further spread.
A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 21:04 - Mar 20 with 1061 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 20:59 - Mar 20 by berkstractorboy

We have vaccines and many refuse to take them, guess what they ae the ones in hospital draining NHS resources so other sick patients aren't getting the attention and treatment they need.

What can we do? Tough to answer, but one thing for sure if you know you have covid then isolate until test negative to help prevent further spread.

There was less people in critical care in the UK this winter than pre pandemic.
A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 21:06 - Mar 20 with 1047 viewsmylittletown

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 21:04 - Mar 20 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

There was less people in critical care in the UK this winter than pre pandemic.

Yes.
Tens of thousands of them are no longer very ill or very infirm. They are dead.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 21:12]
A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 21:08 - Mar 20 with 1041 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 21:06 - Mar 20 by mylittletown

Yes.
Tens of thousands of them are no longer very ill or very infirm. They are dead.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 21:12]

Or this was another winter at a different stage of the pandemic that was actually no worse than a normal winter?
A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 21:10 - Mar 20 with 1023 viewsRyorry

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 20:38 - Mar 20 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

So 3,000 incoming Spaniards from the epicentre of the Spanish outbreak shouting & chanting their heads off in a packed stadium of 47,000 Liverpudlians & others from N of England who were previously almost entirely uninfected; then those 47K dispersing throughout Merseyside & the N., didn't do any more damage than a few dozen infected people going through Heathrow according to you. I'll swerve that logic thanks.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 21:15 - Mar 20 with 1018 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 21:10 - Mar 20 by Ryorry

So 3,000 incoming Spaniards from the epicentre of the Spanish outbreak shouting & chanting their heads off in a packed stadium of 47,000 Liverpudlians & others from N of England who were previously almost entirely uninfected; then those 47K dispersing throughout Merseyside & the N., didn't do any more damage than a few dozen infected people going through Heathrow according to you. I'll swerve that logic thanks.

That game was on the 11th March. The world had not shut down yet, it was about to. You’ve already claimed it was April. If you’re telling covid definitely wasn’t in Liverpool at that point then it’s you that has then logic problem.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 21:17]
A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 21:20 - Mar 20 with 999 viewsmylittletown

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 21:15 - Mar 20 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

That game was on the 11th March. The world had not shut down yet, it was about to. You’ve already claimed it was April. If you’re telling covid definitely wasn’t in Liverpool at that point then it’s you that has then logic problem.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 21:17]

A reminder.

This thread is about arseholes who know they are positive not giving a toss about infecting other people.
A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 21:22 - Mar 20 with 994 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

A very good mate of mine who is a true blue on 21:20 - Mar 20 by mylittletown

A reminder.

This thread is about arseholes who know they are positive not giving a toss about infecting other people.

If you know you have covid or symptoms then yes stay home. The thread has not just been about that though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024