Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? 17:49 - Mar 25 with 3798 viewsdominiciawful

I'm thinking Woking.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 18:02 - Mar 25 with 2825 viewsQuilterstown

Telford United?
Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 18:06 - Mar 25 with 2808 viewsMattinLondon

Altrincham
Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 18:09 - Mar 25 with 2799 viewsChurchman

Sutton United?
Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 18:13 - Mar 25 with 2792 viewsm14_blue

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 18:09 - Mar 25 by Churchman

Sutton United?

Erm
Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 18:20 - Mar 25 with 2775 viewstractordownsouth

Probably Telford.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 19:24 - Mar 25 with 2680 viewsKeno

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 18:20 - Mar 25 by tractordownsouth

Probably Telford.

Ipswich Wanderers

or have I got my threads muddled up

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 19:24 - Mar 25 with 2678 viewsKeno

Gateshead

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 19:33 - Mar 25 with 2661 viewsMattinLondon

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 19:24 - Mar 25 by Keno

Gateshead

I wouldn’t say them. Big stadium yes, but not a big fan base and I can’t recall them being successful in a non-league or FA Cup run way.
Login to get fewer ads

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 19:56 - Mar 25 with 2605 viewsPerublue

In what terms do you mean ''biggest'' ? Stadium size,Catchment area,historical success in FA cup for example ?

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 20:00 - Mar 25 with 2594 viewsPerublue

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 19:33 - Mar 25 by MattinLondon

I wouldn’t say them. Big stadium yes, but not a big fan base and I can’t recall them being successful in a non-league or FA Cup run way.

Sorry Matt..I did not see your post...it's almost identical to the one I was asking ...

I am thinking Alti too ..FA cup and catchment..and I was born there and my Grandad was on the board so I'm biased too... someone mentioned earlier...Enfield back in the day were big with constant success in the conference just before promotion started,not sure if they still exist.

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 20:00 - Mar 25 with 2595 viewsmonty_radio

Clubs that have had a big non-league following have historically not always retained that status indefinitely. Before Cambridge Utd somewhat surprisingly emerged into league football Cambridge City were the bigger club. Their rivalry with Town often provided crowds around 20k.

It really depends where you want history to start as many of today's big clubs are on the second or third iteration.

Chelmsford City were regularly up there in attendance terms but fell away as a force at almost the same moment that promotion through the pyramid replaced the dubious process of application. Ditto Enfield.

You could also argue that technically, since the time when the company that underwrite Wrexham underwent a change in the Noughties following administration, such has been their constant political readjustments that Wrexham AFC are a new club that has never yet played in the league. The fans have retained the name, as you would, but it's continuation is arguable.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 20:01 - Mar 25 with 2591 viewsKeno

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 19:33 - Mar 25 by MattinLondon

fair comment

just found this

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/global/attendances/

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 20:03 - Mar 25 with 2589 viewsPippin1970

Darlington maybe
Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 20:05 - Mar 25 with 2582 viewsRamRob

Corinthian FC
Had 86 England Internationals play for them

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 20:10 - Mar 25 with 2569 viewsPerublue

... Gretna FC ..?. they qualified for Europe too and reached a FA cup final

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 20:42 - Mar 25 with 2496 viewsMattinLondon

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 20:00 - Mar 25 by Perublue

Sorry Matt..I did not see your post...it's almost identical to the one I was asking ...

I am thinking Alti too ..FA cup and catchment..and I was born there and my Grandad was on the board so I'm biased too... someone mentioned earlier...Enfield back in the day were big with constant success in the conference just before promotion started,not sure if they still exist.

That’s ok, no need for apologies. Alty is my local team as it’s just down the road from me.
Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 20:45 - Mar 25 with 2489 viewsblueislander

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 20:05 - Mar 25 by RamRob

Corinthian FC
Had 86 England Internationals play for them

Bishop Aukland
Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 20:51 - Mar 25 with 2465 viewsBluespeed225

Wakefield?
Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 21:20 - Mar 25 with 2420 viewsThe_Major

This has now got me wondering the closest Suffolk has been to having a second football league club. I'm guessing it would be when Lowestoft were in the Conference North a few seasons ago?
Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 21:35 - Mar 25 with 2379 viewsVic

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 20:01 - Mar 25 by Keno

fair comment

just found this

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/global/attendances/

Good to see that Bury are a lot bigger that Sudbury.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 21:51 - Mar 25 with 2334 viewsPendejo

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 20:03 - Mar 25 by Pippin1970

Darlington maybe

Darlo used to be a league club

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 21:54 - Mar 25 with 2309 viewsFtnfwest

Cambridge city, in the 50s and 60s at least
Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 22:07 - Mar 25 with 2276 viewsjontysnut

I reckon on history and amateur cup form Bromley FC. Lots of obvious candidates have played in the league in some form eg Gateshead
Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 22:43 - Mar 25 with 2222 viewsjaykay

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 22:07 - Mar 25 by jontysnut

I reckon on history and amateur cup form Bromley FC. Lots of obvious candidates have played in the league in some form eg Gateshead

gateshead were in the football league up and till 1960 . then folded in 1973
harwich and parkeston f.c. played at wembley in front of 100,000 in the 1953 amateur cup final

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 23:37 - Mar 25 with 2166 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Biggest non-League club to have never played in the Football League? on 20:03 - Mar 25 by Pippin1970

Darlington maybe

They were in the league and got a white elephant 25k all seater stadium

Didn’t they almost sign Aprilla?!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024