Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. 17:42 - Apr 25 with 419384 viewsEireannach_gorm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/25/evidence-ukraine-women-raped-befor

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-turned-a-bucha-building-into-an-execution-si
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 00:24 - Aug 2 with 6298 viewsjeera

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 19:05 - Aug 1 by Churchman

Interesting how people who disagree with Putin wind up with heart failure or sudden unexplained illnesses. Here’s the latest:

https://www.ft.com/content/3877ddc6-6656-4f33-b28d-2b236771d469

And complete madness how so many of the normal population are still kept so far from the truth:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62331061

Poor old Puters.

""I like Putin and what he's doing," she tells me. "I feel sorry for him. He gets no rest. As for America and all those other troublemakers, they just want to break Russia into parts. They don't understand that they mustn't try to humiliate us."

I have heard the criticisms Natalya makes about Ukraine, the US and the West many times before on Russian TV. It's hardly surprising."

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 01:47 - Aug 2 with 6283 viewsEireannach_gorm

Seems the worm is turning.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 14:52 - Aug 2 with 6190 viewsEireannach_gorm

Freeing Ukraine of Nazi's ....................................................................... and laptops and shorts and gazebos.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 17:54 - Aug 2 with 6160 viewsEireannach_gorm

Not sure this works
https://v16-webapp.tiktok.com/336438ec114b5f81676ef176215cd1f2/62e9a8d0/video/to

This will.
https://www.tiktok.com/@oleksiy.editz/video/7105092068736863530
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 18:04 - Aug 2 with 6152 viewsjeera

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:50 - Jul 28 by Eireannach_gorm

Currently enjoying the afters of my daughters wedding which has been an absolutely brilliant and happy event while people in Ukraine are being killed for no reason. Will be back to my task soon.

Not sure this is the thread to be sending congratulations but it also seems rude not to.

Besides, amidst all the bad news it's nice to read a bit of good too.

So congratulations to your daughter, you and your family.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:15 - Aug 2 with 6101 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 14:52 - Aug 2 by Eireannach_gorm

Freeing Ukraine of Nazi's ....................................................................... and laptops and shorts and gazebos.

"It's what they're fighting for".

If only enough Russian soldiers could see the effect of being oppressed by the Russian regime and be part of their own uprising.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 01:07 - Aug 3 with 6051 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 18:04 - Aug 2 by jeera

Not sure this is the thread to be sending congratulations but it also seems rude not to.

Besides, amidst all the bad news it's nice to read a bit of good too.

So congratulations to your daughter, you and your family.

Thank you very much, it just hit me in the middle of having a great time about the futility of the horror show that is Ukraine ( the situation is really getting under my skin ). I need to pull back a bit from this for my mental health and it is good that the season has started to distract me but I am determined to keep this thread alive.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 06:59 - Aug 3 with 6011 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 01:07 - Aug 3 by Eireannach_gorm

Thank you very much, it just hit me in the middle of having a great time about the futility of the horror show that is Ukraine ( the situation is really getting under my skin ). I need to pull back a bit from this for my mental health and it is good that the season has started to distract me but I am determined to keep this thread alive.

Yes, congratulations to your daughter, you and your family. I hope you had a great time.

Well done for keeping this thread alive too. It’s important.
Login to get fewer ads

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 07:04 - Aug 3 with 6010 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:15 - Aug 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

"It's what they're fighting for".

If only enough Russian soldiers could see the effect of being oppressed by the Russian regime and be part of their own uprising.

They appear to have the absurd view that their relative poverty as individuals is the west’s fault. Add in the spoils of war and the lack of regard of the enemy as human beings and there it is. An ill disciplined bunch of animals.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 18:00 - Aug 3 with 5947 viewsEireannach_gorm

Hard to counter this.
https://flashvideo.rferl.org/Videoroot/Pangeavideo/2022/08/0/08/08a40000-0a00-02
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:11 - Aug 3 with 5909 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Isn't it sad that in one day, a thread about how Corbyn's comments pertaining to the war have been misrepresented is nearly as long as this one?

Meanwhile: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/ukraine-nuclear-plant-completely-out-of-co

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 10:10 - Aug 4 with 5821 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:11 - Aug 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Isn't it sad that in one day, a thread about how Corbyn's comments pertaining to the war have been misrepresented is nearly as long as this one?

Meanwhile: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/ukraine-nuclear-plant-completely-out-of-co

Fear not, I am known for my single mindedness so this thread will not go away until the situation is resolved.

Unfortunately Putin is taking advantage of the genuine desire for peace in Ukraine. I note that the President of Irelands wife has modified her pronouncements after her initial letter received a generally negative reaction.
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/sabina-higgins-ukraine-letter-was-wri
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 10:23 - Aug 4 with 5811 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 10:10 - Aug 4 by Eireannach_gorm

Fear not, I am known for my single mindedness so this thread will not go away until the situation is resolved.

Unfortunately Putin is taking advantage of the genuine desire for peace in Ukraine. I note that the President of Irelands wife has modified her pronouncements after her initial letter received a generally negative reaction.
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/sabina-higgins-ukraine-letter-was-wri

I’m pretty persistent too. Interesting article in the Guardian about that that weasel Schroder.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/03/ex-german-chancellor-gerhard-schro
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 10:29 - Aug 4 with 5801 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 11:13 - Aug 4 with 5795 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 11:38 - Aug 4 with 5777 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 10:10 - Aug 4 by Eireannach_gorm

I was unaware of this. It seems odd that she can share anything on the official President's site without it being vetted for content.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 11:40 - Aug 4 with 5765 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 11:13 - Aug 4 by Eireannach_gorm

I am not sure I share the author's definition of "panic".

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 12:55 - Aug 4 with 5740 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 11:40 - Aug 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am not sure I share the author's definition of "panic".

They don’t look entirely happy about it, that’s for sure.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:12 - Aug 4 with 5718 viewsEireannach_gorm

Now Amnesty are giving the Russian line.
https://www.amnesty.ie/ukraine-fight-tactics/

Not surprisingly this is not the way Ukraine sees it.

Wonder are Amnesty investigating this.

US intelligence officials have determined that Russia is looking to plant false evidence to make it appear that Ukrainian forces were responsible for the July 29 attack on Olenivka prison that killed 53 people and wounded dozens more, a US official familiar with the intelligence finding told The Associated Press news agency.

Russia has claimed that Ukraine’s military used US-supplied rocket launchers to attack the prison in Olenivka, a settlement controlled by the Moscow-backed so-called Donetsk People’s Republic.

The Ukrainian military denied any rocket or artillery strike in Olenivka. The intelligence arm of the Ukrainian defence ministry claimed in a statement on Wednesday to have evidence that local Kremlin-backed separatists colluded with the Russian Federal Security Service and mercenary group Wagner to mine the barrack before “using a flammable substance, which led to the rapid spread of fire in the room”.

Russians only shell military targets of course.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 16:52]
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:17 - Aug 4 with 5703 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:12 - Aug 4 by Eireannach_gorm

US intelligence officials have determined that Russia is looking to plant false evidence to make it appear that Ukrainian forces were responsible for the July 29 attack on Olenivka prison that killed 53 people and wounded dozens more, a US official familiar with the intelligence finding told The Associated Press news agency.

Russia has claimed that Ukraine’s military used US-supplied rocket launchers to attack the prison in Olenivka, a settlement controlled by the Moscow-backed so-called Donetsk People’s Republic.

The Ukrainian military denied any rocket or artillery strike in Olenivka. The intelligence arm of the Ukrainian defence ministry claimed in a statement on Wednesday to have evidence that local Kremlin-backed separatists colluded with the Russian Federal Security Service and mercenary group Wagner to mine the barrack before “using a flammable substance, which led to the rapid spread of fire in the room”.

I don't think I can argue with the headline 3 bullet points that Amnesty (a highly respected organisation) state.

However, you could question what alternative Ukraine has.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:18 - Aug 4 with 5703 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:12 - Aug 4 by Eireannach_gorm

Out of interest, are you disputing the amnesty claims? War is a dirty business.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:35 - Aug 4 with 5682 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:18 - Aug 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Out of interest, are you disputing the amnesty claims? War is a dirty business.

No I'm not but it is like Russian using the claim that Ukraine is using schools to barrack their troops as an excuse to shell them. I am sure the Ukrainians HAVE used schools ( which would be empty in a war situation ) to assemble troops but they are clearly not targeting the ones that are being used for this purposes. Russia is also suggest supermarkets, historical buildings, bus stops, apartment blocks, hospitals are legitimate targets because Ukrainian troops have used them. War IS a dirty business so countries should not start them for no reason.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 16:12 - Aug 4 with 5666 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:35 - Aug 4 by Eireannach_gorm

No I'm not but it is like Russian using the claim that Ukraine is using schools to barrack their troops as an excuse to shell them. I am sure the Ukrainians HAVE used schools ( which would be empty in a war situation ) to assemble troops but they are clearly not targeting the ones that are being used for this purposes. Russia is also suggest supermarkets, historical buildings, bus stops, apartment blocks, hospitals are legitimate targets because Ukrainian troops have used them. War IS a dirty business so countries should not start them for no reason.

Here is another relevant Amnesty report ( not much talk about that now ). Seems the Syrian opposition were using schools and hospitals for warfare also ( Russians/Syrians had to use cluster munitions to get them out!).

https://www.amnesty.org/en/documents/mde24/2089/2020/en/

Wonder what ever happened about that?
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 17:12 - Aug 4 with 5631 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:35 - Aug 4 by Eireannach_gorm

Absolutely correct. I’d add that when people in these areas are interviewed a lot depends on whether the area is occupied or under threat in terms of how an interviewee might respond.

I’ve no doubt the Ukraine army has committed some dreadful acts - drawn out conflict, men under stress does that. Is it systemic in the way that rape, torture, murder, looting, deliberate targeting is with the Russian army? I don’t see evidence of that.

Yes, war is a dirty business and agreed, no country or madman should start them for no reason. Believe me, anyone whose seen what violent death looks like will agree with that.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 17:31 - Aug 4 with 5626 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 17:12 - Aug 4 by Churchman

Absolutely correct. I’d add that when people in these areas are interviewed a lot depends on whether the area is occupied or under threat in terms of how an interviewee might respond.

I’ve no doubt the Ukraine army has committed some dreadful acts - drawn out conflict, men under stress does that. Is it systemic in the way that rape, torture, murder, looting, deliberate targeting is with the Russian army? I don’t see evidence of that.

Yes, war is a dirty business and agreed, no country or madman should start them for no reason. Believe me, anyone whose seen what violent death looks like will agree with that.

look at this again, people waiting for a bus in Toretsk.

And here is another one.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/07/29/7360806/

I await the Amnesty report on these.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024