Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Appalling 09:42 - Jun 5 with 4494 viewsWicksy

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CeZEHIGo9u_/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

The cars in the churchyard Were shiny and German Distinctly at odds with The theme of the sermon

Appalling on 20:32 - Jun 5 with 832 viewsN2_Blue

I'm no fan of the MET police especially in recent times but I i find this desire to try and look for fault in everything they do a bit unsavoury.

There was clearly a threat and unfortunately the taser did not subdue him. If you resist arrest or refuse to cooperate with police while posing a threat or brandishing a weapon you are going to get tasered. If that doesn't look like subduing the threat and suspect/offender continues to resist you are likely to get tasered again.

The police cannot be blamed for his him subsequently jumping in the Thames and dying.

It's a horrible set of circumstances and condolences to the man's family but I don't see any issue with the police conduct here although no doubt there will be an investigation and rightly so but people should let that happen before making out their actions are appalling

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Appalling on 21:22 - Jun 5 with 789 viewsSwansea_Blue

Appalling on 19:49 - Jun 5 by gtsb1966

The police didn't kill him though.

He seemed a lot more alive before he spent some time with them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Appalling on 21:27 - Jun 5 with 778 viewsZXBlue

Appalling on 21:22 - Jun 5 by Swansea_Blue

And also during his time with them.
Appalling on 21:31 - Jun 5 with 769 viewsgtsb1966

Appalling on 21:22 - Jun 5 by Swansea_Blue

But they didn't kill him though did they. People love to criticise the police and in some cases rightly so but it doesn't seem to be justified in this case.
Appalling on 21:33 - Jun 5 with 759 viewsgtsb1966

Appalling on 20:32 - Jun 5 by N2_Blue

I'm no fan of the MET police especially in recent times but I i find this desire to try and look for fault in everything they do a bit unsavoury.

There was clearly a threat and unfortunately the taser did not subdue him. If you resist arrest or refuse to cooperate with police while posing a threat or brandishing a weapon you are going to get tasered. If that doesn't look like subduing the threat and suspect/offender continues to resist you are likely to get tasered again.

The police cannot be blamed for his him subsequently jumping in the Thames and dying.

It's a horrible set of circumstances and condolences to the man's family but I don't see any issue with the police conduct here although no doubt there will be an investigation and rightly so but people should let that happen before making out their actions are appalling

Fat fingers down voted by mistake
Appalling on 21:37 - Jun 5 with 751 viewsSwansea_Blue

Appalling on 21:27 - Jun 5 by ZXBlue

And also during his time with them.

I’ve got a sneaky suspicion him going over the bridge had something to do with the altercation. As I said, I reckon the sh*t will hit the fan in this. I’m not judging anyone (others more qualified will do that).

I’m just a bit surprised people willingly accept death as an acceptable outcome of a confrontation with the police. Seems heavy handed to me, even if he had a not especially large screwdriver.

Appalling on 22:18 - Jun 5 with 731 viewsEireannach_gorm

Appalling on 10:03 - Jun 5 by ZXBlue

Appears to have a knife in one hand. And we have no idea, as you say, what the context was. May have a record of violence against officers, may have just committed a violent offence etc. Who knows?

What is kicked away by the officer appears to be a penknife. May have been a violent penknife wielding criminal or a person with a mental health problem. After seeing him jump into the river I would be tending to suspect the latter. As you say, who knows.
Appalling on 20:51 - Jun 22 with 526 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Appalling on 22:18 - Jun 5 by Eireannach_gorm

What is kicked away by the officer appears to be a penknife. May have been a violent penknife wielding criminal or a person with a mental health problem. After seeing him jump into the river I would be tending to suspect the latter. As you say, who knows.

Clearly still an investigation to be concluded but worth pointing out that the "weapon" that the Met described as a "screwdriver" was actually a plastic lighter.

Why are the officers not suspended while the investigation is carried out?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/family-of-man-tasered-on-chelsea-bridge-de

I presume the girlfriend of the officer convicted of killing Dalian Atkinson remains suspended while we continue to await her retrial.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Appalling on 21:11 - Jun 22 with 509 viewsjeera

Appalling on 20:51 - Jun 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

Clearly still an investigation to be concluded but worth pointing out that the "weapon" that the Met described as a "screwdriver" was actually a plastic lighter.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/family-of-man-tasered-on-chelsea-bridge-de

I presume the girlfriend of the officer convicted of killing Dalian Atkinson remains suspended while we continue to await her retrial.

I wasn't comfortable watching the police standing over him controlling him with a button like that. It's weird to see and looks about as inhumane as you can get.

They managed fine without tasers until recently and could have been ready to tackle him after the first blast.

The weapon was a lighter was it? Great.

I heard on initial speculation it was a screwdriver which then became knife and so on.

Anyone remember the poor chap who was shot dead for carrying a table leg?
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 21:18]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Appalling on 21:16 - Jun 22 with 495 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Appalling on 21:11 - Jun 22 by jeera

I wasn't comfortable watching the police standing over him controlling him with a button like that. It's weird to see and looks about as inhumane as you can get.

They managed fine without tasers until recently and could have been ready to tackle him after the first blast.

The weapon was a lighter was it? Great.

I heard on initial speculation it was a screwdriver which then became knife and so on.

Anyone remember the poor chap who was shot dead for carrying a table leg?
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 21:18]

I trust the officers and incident will be properly investigated by people with better qualifications and access to more information than any of us.

However, them remaining on duty and the amount of time it is taking for Bettley-Smith to face a retrial are not good looks.

Appalling on 21:25 - Jun 22 with 479 viewsjeera

Appalling on 21:16 - Jun 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

I trust the officers and incident will be properly investigated by people with better qualifications and access to more information than any of us.

However, them remaining on duty and the amount of time it is taking for Bettley-Smith to face a retrial are not good looks.

"I trust the officers and incident will be properly investigated by people with better qualifications and access to more information than any of us."

Although I fully appreciate that, the officers involved would of course be 'investigated' within the boundaries of the regulations currently at play.

That doesn't mean we have to approve of the methods even if they are permitted.

I have referred before to the way a strapping copper was restraining some kid in school uniform by having him face down with a knee in his back. The kid's screaming at the copper and the copper is instructing him to calm down and refusing to budge until the kid has done so.

But I suppose the lad didn't feel much like calming down, what with some w@nker kneeling on his back.

If we're in pain we tend to not be quiet about it do we? I'd add being tasered to that. I wouldn't be very happy either.

Their solution seems to be unrealistic if they think it's a good idea to keep tasering until the person shuts up.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Appalling on 21:27 - Jun 22 with 473 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Appalling on 21:25 - Jun 22 by jeera

"I trust the officers and incident will be properly investigated by people with better qualifications and access to more information than any of us."

Although I fully appreciate that, the officers involved would of course be 'investigated' within the boundaries of the regulations currently at play.

That doesn't mean we have to approve of the methods even if they are permitted.

I have referred before to the way a strapping copper was restraining some kid in school uniform by having him face down with a knee in his back. The kid's screaming at the copper and the copper is instructing him to calm down and refusing to budge until the kid has done so.

But I suppose the lad didn't feel much like calming down, what with some w@nker kneeling on his back.

If we're in pain we tend to not be quiet about it do we? I'd add being tasered to that. I wouldn't be very happy either.

Their solution seems to be unrealistic if they think it's a good idea to keep tasering until the person shuts up.

Indeed. It smacks of no lessons having been learned from Dalian's tragic death.

Appalling on 22:02 - Jun 22 with 431 viewsSwansea_Blue

Appalling on 20:51 - Jun 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

That's pretty damning if the police tried (pretty successfully) to control the narrative that he was armed when they knew he wasn't (assuming that's true).

It didn't sit comfortably with me at the time and it does so even less know. I know police have a difficult job and I wouldn't want to do it for the world, but they should still be held accountable when things go wrong. And this looks like things went wrong, they knew it went wrong and they wanted to cover their arses by lying to the public.

They had the opportunity to see the lighter when he dropped it (after they tazered him for the first time - the police officer kicked it away and it would have been harder to NOT see it for what it was). They were only interested in taking him down though by the looks of the footage.

The family are correct - there definitely should be a full IOPC investigation. The officers in question should be on gardening leave while that is concluded.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024