Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris 10:11 - Jul 4 with 3530 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/07/03/diane-abbott-claims-boris-johnso

Crumbs. Is there a raised eyebrow emoticon?
[Post edited 4 Jul 2022 10:12]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 10:18 - Jul 4 with 2485 viewshomer_123

That's a mental image one doesn't need on a Monday morning.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 10:36 - Jul 4 with 2410 viewsPinewoodblue

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 10:18 - Jul 4 by homer_123

That's a mental image one doesn't need on a Monday morning.

She needn’t worry I think she is safe.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 10:50 - Jul 4 with 2367 viewsChurchman

This will run. According to the worlds most absorbent paper (rag), the Express:

Asked if it was right that it had taken 24 hours for the Prime Minister to suspend the MP, Ms Abbott said there may have been quicker action if the allegations were about a male MP sexually assaulting a woman.

"It might be treated differently,” she said.

"But that’s because Boris Johnson has been rumoured to be the one who likes assaulting women.‘

It’s also in GBNews and the Mail.

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/diane-abbott-claims-boris-johnson-rumoured-to-like-as

Nothing would surprise me with Johnson, but ‘rumoured’ isn’t enough. If Diane Abbott doesn’t have the evidence that he is a sexual predator, she needs to say where the rumours stem from, encourage the victims to come forward so this can be fully investigated by the police. There is now a case to answer because she’s made an accusation.

This could rebound on Abbott if she simply trying to smear Johnson on the back of that MPs and others’ shocking and disgusting behaviour. Unless refuted within hours it will become fact and much as I loathe Johnson that’s awful if it’s not true. Unless he’s guilty Johnson should go to law (slander?).
[Post edited 4 Jul 2022 10:52]
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 11:08 - Jul 4 with 2298 viewsgiant_stow

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 10:50 - Jul 4 by Churchman

Asked if it was right that it had taken 24 hours for the Prime Minister to suspend the MP, Ms Abbott said there may have been quicker action if the allegations were about a male MP sexually assaulting a woman.

"But that’s because Boris Johnson has been rumoured to be the one who likes assaulting women.‘

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/diane-abbott-claims-boris-johnson-rumoured-to-like-as

Nothing would surprise me with Johnson, but ‘rumoured’ isn’t enough. If Diane Abbott doesn’t have the evidence that he is a sexual predator, she needs to say where the rumours stem from, encourage the victims to come forward so this can be fully investigated by the police. There is now a case to answer because she’s made an accusation.

This could rebound on Abbott if she simply trying to smear Johnson on the back of that MPs and others’ shocking and disgusting behaviour. Unless refuted within hours it will become fact and much as I loathe Johnson that’s awful if it’s not true. Unless he’s guilty Johnson should go to law (slander?).

Its all pretty delicate stuff innit. I can think of something she might have in mind, but not sure if I should be mentioning it on here, so will be cautious.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 11:35 - Jul 4 with 2196 viewsBLUEGOLD

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 11:08 - Jul 4 by giant_stow

Its all pretty delicate stuff innit. I can think of something she might have in mind, but not sure if I should be mentioning it on here, so will be cautious.

Do you not recall that the police were called to Carries flat before he was PM as a neighbour heard what sounded like a fight taking place?

This was reported in summer 2019 if I recall
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 11:37 - Jul 4 with 2196 viewsArnoldMoorhen

There is a documented allegation from 2019, with a named woman journalist from a Tory supporting paper alleging that Boris Johnson groped her and another, unnamed, woman at a party.

It was dismissed by Johnson's PR handlers:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/29/no-10-denies-claims-boris-johns

and then defended as normal behaviour (rather than denied) by Toby Young here:

https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-defended-by-columnist-toby-young-o
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 11:40 - Jul 4 with 2153 viewsGavTWTD

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 11:08 - Jul 4 by giant_stow

Lets get Dianne Abbott to expand on it! I'm surprised she wasn't asked to on he programme. She can't make a comment like that and not be pressed further.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 11:54 - Jul 4 with 2064 viewsclive_baker

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 11:35 - Jul 4 by BLUEGOLD

Do you not recall that the police were called to Carries flat before he was PM as a neighbour heard what sounded like a fight taking place?

I was told that row was the night Carrie found out about his long term affair with Jennifer Arcuri.

They were caught together in the toilets of a London restaurant that he had hired for a private party. Carrie was there, sat at one of the tables chatting with people while it was happening too. Wrong un on so many levels.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 11:58 - Jul 4 with 2037 viewsSTYG

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 11:37 - Jul 4 by ArnoldMoorhen

There is a documented allegation from 2019, with a named woman journalist from a Tory supporting paper alleging that Boris Johnson groped her and another, unnamed, woman at a party.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/29/no-10-denies-claims-boris-johns

https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-defended-by-columnist-toby-young-o

Bloody hell.

That's quite the admission from Young? Effectively that women were so used to being touched without permission that they'd be insecure if they were left alone!

No doubt this'll all go away though. As others have said, Boris is alleged to have engaged in an act at work that we'd all be sacked for, and then alleged to have tried to reward that person with a significant job they weren't qualified for and there's media silence. By Dianne Abbott drinks on a train or Milliband looks a bit funny eating a sandwich and they are made out to be monsters.
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 12:53 - Jul 4 with 1924 viewsChurchman

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 11:37 - Jul 4 by ArnoldMoorhen

How interesting. Time to dig him out on this and for any other incidents. People need to come forward. If this has any truth, there will be many victims who possibly been intimidated into silence.

I’ve seen and know of dirty b’stards in the workplace including those who use their ‘power’ to get what they want. It has never been acceptable to me in any shape or form, but in too many cases I’ve been aware of, it’s been covered up / ignored.
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 13:00 - Jul 4 with 1879 viewsBonneNIL

I agree, that politicians should provide some evidence when making statements like that, just to simply imply it without is bad whether left or right saying it.

Johnson is unfit to Govern. That is true.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 13:09 - Jul 4 with 1832 viewsArnoldMoorhen

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 12:53 - Jul 4 by Churchman

How interesting. Time to dig him out on this and for any other incidents. People need to come forward. If this has any truth, there will be many victims who possibly been intimidated into silence.

I’ve seen and know of dirty b’stards in the workplace including those who use their ‘power’ to get what they want. It has never been acceptable to me in any shape or form, but in too many cases I’ve been aware of, it’s been covered up / ignored.

Precisely, and I think that is exactly why Dianne Abbott has gone further in these comments than most politicians would usually, in order to try and force Johnson out into the open on this issue.

She hasn't hidden behind Parliamentary privilege, she didn't use the safer "Of course allegations have been made about the Prime Minister's behaviour before", but instead referred to rumours.

At this point Johnson could sue her, and should do so if his reputation is damaged by an untrue or malicious comment, but Abbott either knows that a woman is prepared to go to Court to state what happened (and Johnson would have the burden of proof on him, quite different from a rape or sexaul assault trial) or knows that Johnson wouldn't want the material in the "rumours" aired in Court for the world's press to factually report upon.

Lots of people write off Dianne Abbott. She doesn't have the lack of nous and political smarts that people (for whatever reason) project onto her. She has stoked the fire very neatly, here.
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 13:18 - Jul 4 with 1793 viewsSTYG

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 13:09 - Jul 4 by ArnoldMoorhen

Precisely, and I think that is exactly why Dianne Abbott has gone further in these comments than most politicians would usually, in order to try and force Johnson out into the open on this issue.

She hasn't hidden behind Parliamentary privilege, she didn't use the safer "Of course allegations have been made about the Prime Minister's behaviour before", but instead referred to rumours.

At this point Johnson could sue her, and should do so if his reputation is damaged by an untrue or malicious comment, but Abbott either knows that a woman is prepared to go to Court to state what happened (and Johnson would have the burden of proof on him, quite different from a rape or sexaul assault trial) or knows that Johnson wouldn't want the material in the "rumours" aired in Court for the world's press to factually report upon.

Lots of people write off Dianne Abbott. She doesn't have the lack of nous and political smarts that people (for whatever reason) project onto her. She has stoked the fire very neatly, here.

I can't think of anything sweeter that Diane Abbott, someone the Tories have frequently mocked and dismissed, being the one to bring Boris down finally.

If we assume she knows of evidence that will suggest he's guilty then she has been clever here. It will be laughed off by Tories as some idiotic woman prone to gaffes saying something like this, it will be denied and laughed off and then boom. Forward come the complainants.

Of course if the allegations are fault you'd imagine Boris will be taking action accordingly and, knowing the man, even if they were true he'd likely take action in which case it opens the doors for (Timothy Dalton voice) all sorts of secrets to come tumbling out.

Abbott is smarter than she looks and I can't see she would make an accusation this serious that couldn't be backed up because it would give Boris an awful lot of sympathy suddenly to falsely accused when he's already on the ropes from proven scandal after scandal, let alone the accusations last week about Carrie in his office.
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 13:30 - Jul 4 with 1736 viewsLord_Lucan

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 11:35 - Jul 4 by BLUEGOLD

I think it was after the clumsy oaf spilt a glass of red over a white carpet or settee, the same day that Carrie had been in court witnessing her attacker John Worboys (The Black Cab rapist) get put down - and if I recall correctly it was reported by a couple of Guardian reading playwrite nutters.

Sounds like an open and shut case!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 13:32 - Jul 4 with 1720 viewsArnoldMoorhen

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 13:18 - Jul 4 by STYG

I can't think of anything sweeter that Diane Abbott, someone the Tories have frequently mocked and dismissed, being the one to bring Boris down finally.

If we assume she knows of evidence that will suggest he's guilty then she has been clever here. It will be laughed off by Tories as some idiotic woman prone to gaffes saying something like this, it will be denied and laughed off and then boom. Forward come the complainants.

Of course if the allegations are fault you'd imagine Boris will be taking action accordingly and, knowing the man, even if they were true he'd likely take action in which case it opens the doors for (Timothy Dalton voice) all sorts of secrets to come tumbling out.

Abbott is smarter than she looks and I can't see she would make an accusation this serious that couldn't be backed up because it would give Boris an awful lot of sympathy suddenly to falsely accused when he's already on the ropes from proven scandal after scandal, let alone the accusations last week about Carrie in his office.

I'd disagree with your third paragraph. Johnson is very rarely willing to go public with denials, and always leaves it to an anonymous spokesperson to issue the briefest of statements.

If he sued for slander then the burden of proof would be on him. He would have to testify, on oath, to his recollections about specific allegations, and he would open himself up to a charge of perjury if he was found to have lied.

Jonathan Aitken went to prison for suing a newspaper and being found to have committed perjury at the trial.
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 13:37 - Jul 4 with 1691 viewsSTYG

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 13:30 - Jul 4 by Lord_Lucan

I think it was after the clumsy oaf spilt a glass of red over a white carpet or settee, the same day that Carrie had been in court witnessing her attacker John Worboys (The Black Cab rapist) get put down - and if I recall correctly it was reported by a couple of Guardian reading playwrite nutters.

Sounds like an open and shut case!

Very little gets made about the age difference as well.

Boris is 58. Carrie is 34. I'm sure if Corbyn or Starmer were with someone 24 years their age the media would be suggesting they should be on some sort of register.

Now I like to believe in romance and people falling in love. There seem to be a very large number of people that I don't like who fit a certain type - Boris Johnson, Jeremy Clarkson, Piers Morgan, that have all been lucky enough to have very attractive, much younger women fall in love with them and it's just lovely to see cupid ensuring that, no matter the age difference, these men have found the people destined to be with them, no matter whether they are rich and powerful / famous or just working in PC World on below average wage.

It's lovely that love conquers all.

PS - I was today old when I found out that Carrie's dad was the co-founder of The Independent.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2022 13:41]
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 13:42 - Jul 4 with 1656 viewsHARRY10

Johnsons comments about women over the years smack more of a 1970s club comic than any politician - and the language used would be what you might expect of 12 year old boys sniggering over 'dirty' pictures.

Whether that equates to 'likes assaulting women' is a moot point. But it does perhaps point to where any conversation should start from.
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 14:27 - Jul 4 with 1566 viewsChurchman

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 13:37 - Jul 4 by STYG

Boris is 58. Carrie is 34. I'm sure if Corbyn or Starmer were with someone 24 years their age the media would be suggesting they should be on some sort of register.

Now I like to believe in romance and people falling in love. There seem to be a very large number of people that I don't like who fit a certain type - Boris Johnson, Jeremy Clarkson, Piers Morgan, that have all been lucky enough to have very attractive, much younger women fall in love with them and it's just lovely to see cupid ensuring that, no matter the age difference, these men have found the people destined to be with them, no matter whether they are rich and powerful / famous or just working in PC World on below average wage.

PS - I was today old when I found out that Carrie's dad was the co-founder of The Independent.

Sorry, I don’t understand what your point is about age difference. What register? If you are suggesting that on age difference he gets treated differently to Labour politicians I don’t believe that’d be the case.

If his wife is a consenting adult and at 34 I presume she is, what is the issue? In that sense people’s personal lives are just that. It’s not anyone else’s business - providing its within the law.

This issue with Johnson is whether or not he is a sexual predator and cover-ups have taken place over behaviour which in my world would put him in a jail cell. There is no ‘ah wells’, no well maybes, this that or other excuses. It’s binary, black and white. Everyone knows where the line is, what’s acceptable and what is not.
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 14:33 - Jul 4 with 1549 viewsjontysnut

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 12:53 - Jul 4 by Churchman

In nearly all the places I worked, including large organisations evreryone knew who the wrong 'uns were, who had reputations, or who to avoid on a night out. It can't be too hard to know whose these are in 300 or so Tory MPs.
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 14:33 - Jul 4 with 1549 viewsWeWereZombies

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 11:40 - Jul 4 by GavTWTD

Lets get Dianne Abbott to expand on it! I'm surprised she wasn't asked to on he programme. She can't make a comment like that and not be pressed further.

Throughout the Broadcasting House telephone interview it sounded like either the line was faulty or Abbott was inadvertently bumping something against the microphone so it might just be that the BBC newsroom sound desk decided that it was not worthwhile carrying that section on any longer.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 14:50 - Jul 4 with 1518 viewsGlasgowBlue

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 13:37 - Jul 4 by STYG

Your second paragraph is utter nonsense.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 14:57 - Jul 4 with 1479 viewsSTYG

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 14:50 - Jul 4 by GlasgowBlue

Your second paragraph is utter nonsense.

Of course it's not.

We had weeks of the media suggesting that Milliband was out of touch with the common man because of a still that made him look silly whilst eating a bacon sandwich and then days of Diane Abbott having a can of mojito or whatever it was on the tube.

You really don't think this Tory media would be hammering Starmer as creepy if he was with someone half his age? The same media that suggested Angela Rayner uncrosses her legs to impersonate Sharon Stone?

Of course they would.
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 15:00 - Jul 4 with 1457 viewsGlasgowBlue

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 14:57 - Jul 4 by STYG

Of course it's not.

We had weeks of the media suggesting that Milliband was out of touch with the common man because of a still that made him look silly whilst eating a bacon sandwich and then days of Diane Abbott having a can of mojito or whatever it was on the tube.

You really don't think this Tory media would be hammering Starmer as creepy if he was with someone half his age? The same media that suggested Angela Rayner uncrosses her legs to impersonate Sharon Stone?

Of course they would.

"I'm sure if Corbyn or Starmer were with someone 24 years their age the media would be suggesting they should be on some sort of register."

Corbyn's wife is 23 years younger than he is. He's 73 and she is 50. I don't believe I have ever see anyone suggesting he should be on some sort of register.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 15:08 - Jul 4 with 1425 viewsHARRY10

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 15:00 - Jul 4 by GlasgowBlue

"I'm sure if Corbyn or Starmer were with someone 24 years their age the media would be suggesting they should be on some sort of register."

Corbyn's wife is 23 years younger than he is. He's 73 and she is 50. I don't believe I have ever see anyone suggesting he should be on some sort of register.

other than a register of known IRA bomb makers, those in the pay of the Czech secret service and members of Hezbollah ruling council

the point is valid, righties have always sought to attack the opposition by a mixture of smears and outright lies

would an opposition party employee, now the PM's wife, be given such a free ride over the fact she was sacked for abusing her expenses (fiddling)?
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 15:13 - Jul 4 with 1393 viewsSTYG

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 15:00 - Jul 4 by GlasgowBlue

So not 24 years then? ;)

It's only because they were too busy making out he hates a certain type of person, which beats the whole pervy old man thing in BS media Top Trumps. Which is funny in a way because there's actual evidence of the current PM actually being racist and that seems to be completely overlooked. But those people Boris commented are a different colour to the ones that they pretend Corbyn doesn't like, so that's alright apparently.

Are you suggesting that the media reports fairly by any chance? Or do you admit it's absolutely pathetic propaganda on an incredible scale.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024