Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coffey confronted in Saxmundham 20:01 - Jul 10 with 2718 viewsSevenT8

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/crime/suffolk-mp-abused-at-charter-event-9134526

Poll: When will Gamechanger cancel their visit on Saturday? (GMT)

Coffey confronted in Saxmundham on 20:24 - Jul 10 with 2575 viewsSitfcB

Shame. Doubt it was even that bad.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Coffey confronted in Saxmundham on 21:09 - Jul 10 with 2465 viewsBluespeed225

She is a specimen, but there’s a line. My gripe is that she wiped Ipswich off the Liverpool St to Norwich map in the ‘Norwich in 90’ campaign, the only stop not mentioned. East Suffolk Council for you. For the record, I live in the ESC area.
Coffey confronted in Saxmundham on 07:06 - Jul 11 with 2176 viewsElephantintheRoom

Water off a duck’s back to a vile and spineless MP who in no way represents her constituency and refuses to take any responsibility for the mess she has helped create through shameless self-serving opportunism.

The fact that such a person is parachuted into a safe seat is perhaps one of the key reasons that we have the type of government we have, which amazingly, is set to become even worse.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Coffey confronted in Saxmundham on 09:22 - Jul 11 with 2051 viewsSTYG

Stuff like this is always difficult.

Obviously there have been two fatal and horrific attacks on MP's in the last decade so it's very important that MP's, like everyone else, are safe and they will, as a result of what they do, attract far more interest in them than people working anywhere else.

However, Coffey is a quite abysmal person and how else do people express their thoughts to them? They don't respond to emails, they won't meet with the local community and they are openly helping themselves to the trough and supporting idea and regimes that plunge decent people further into darkness.

There's a time and a place and I don't think verbally abusing an MP at a school or a fete or a festival is the right thing to do, but equally, as long as there is no violence involved and no personal attacks beyond what is reasonable from a political stance point of view, I can see why people will say things.

Politicians, of course, have a right to be free of violence and intimidation, but they cannot openly make peoples lives a misery, rock up to cut a ribbon somewhere and expect none of the people that can never get in touch with them, not to take the opportunity to tell them exactly what they think of them.

I've noticed a few of these incidents where politicians hide behind stuff when it suits them. Like the Education Minister who walked past a crowd singing Bye Bye Boris, stuck her finger up and then called them a baying mob and mentioned the fact she's had 7 death threats in 4 years. Did she look remotely afraid for her safety or that she thought one of those threats came from the middle aged women standing by the barrier?

Again, it's a case of doing what they want, then making pathetic excuses whenever it suits them.
Coffey confronted in Saxmundham on 10:34 - Jul 11 with 1946 viewsblue62

I cannot stand the woman, she couldn't have got any further up Boris if she had tried.

I have voted for her for the past few elections but never again.
Coffey confronted in Saxmundham on 10:52 - Jul 11 with 1870 viewsRaffles

Coffey confronted in Saxmundham on 09:22 - Jul 11 by STYG

Stuff like this is always difficult.

Obviously there have been two fatal and horrific attacks on MP's in the last decade so it's very important that MP's, like everyone else, are safe and they will, as a result of what they do, attract far more interest in them than people working anywhere else.

However, Coffey is a quite abysmal person and how else do people express their thoughts to them? They don't respond to emails, they won't meet with the local community and they are openly helping themselves to the trough and supporting idea and regimes that plunge decent people further into darkness.

There's a time and a place and I don't think verbally abusing an MP at a school or a fete or a festival is the right thing to do, but equally, as long as there is no violence involved and no personal attacks beyond what is reasonable from a political stance point of view, I can see why people will say things.

Politicians, of course, have a right to be free of violence and intimidation, but they cannot openly make peoples lives a misery, rock up to cut a ribbon somewhere and expect none of the people that can never get in touch with them, not to take the opportunity to tell them exactly what they think of them.

I've noticed a few of these incidents where politicians hide behind stuff when it suits them. Like the Education Minister who walked past a crowd singing Bye Bye Boris, stuck her finger up and then called them a baying mob and mentioned the fact she's had 7 death threats in 4 years. Did she look remotely afraid for her safety or that she thought one of those threats came from the middle aged women standing by the barrier?

Again, it's a case of doing what they want, then making pathetic excuses whenever it suits them.

You make a good point. Increasingly MPs try to avoid their constituencies and often don't reply to mail either. Coffey is one of the worst, and in fact her idea of a public meeting is to have constituents vetted beforehand, then only announce venue and time at the last minute to avoid gatecrashers.
Coffey confronted in Saxmundham on 11:01 - Jul 11 with 1831 viewsSTYG

Coffey confronted in Saxmundham on 10:52 - Jul 11 by Raffles

You make a good point. Increasingly MPs try to avoid their constituencies and often don't reply to mail either. Coffey is one of the worst, and in fact her idea of a public meeting is to have constituents vetted beforehand, then only announce venue and time at the last minute to avoid gatecrashers.

I appreciate there are genuine threats out there and that two MP's have lost their lives in appalling circumstances.

But I do also get the impression that most of this lot would avoid an old lady asking for the time by suggesting she could be there to assault them.

When your job is extremely well paid and your decisions have massive impact upon peoples lives and it's clear to everyone you're not doing your job properly, you have to reasonably expect people to want to question you in public and that they may say unpleasant things.

Society accepts you might boo your football team or call for the managers head because your team is losing, but you apparently can't dare to speak to an MP who might be milking the system whilst forcing your family into homelessness.

Coffey goes under the radar a little because of Ree-Mogg, Patel, Dorries et al, but she's every bit as poor in my opinion.
"Ms Coffey was unavailable for comment." on 11:18 - Jul 11 with 1767 viewsDyland

Quel surprise!

It's hard to feel sorry for her, such is her ineptness, but I say that with a heavy heart.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

"Ms Coffey was unavailable for comment." on 11:47 - Jul 11 with 1700 viewsRaffles

"Ms Coffey was unavailable for comment." on 11:18 - Jul 11 by Dyland

Quel surprise!

It's hard to feel sorry for her, such is her ineptness, but I say that with a heavy heart.

The reason why Coffey was unavailable for comment to the EADT is that she and the political team at the paper share a mutual contempt, and are rarely on speaking terms.
"Ms Coffey was unavailable for comment." on 12:33 - Jul 11 with 1636 viewsDyland

"Ms Coffey was unavailable for comment." on 11:47 - Jul 11 by Raffles

The reason why Coffey was unavailable for comment to the EADT is that she and the political team at the paper share a mutual contempt, and are rarely on speaking terms.

She doesn't seem to be on speaking terms with anyone locally tbf. Obviously a lot of Tory voters in large swathes of Suffolk Coastal, most of whom think she's useless on local matters as well, the ones I know anyway. I see she's put her apples in Truss' basket to boot. Two hopeless and shameless chancers.

How the fook have we got here? See also Tom Hunt in Ipswich. Pretty depressing, regardless of which party one votes for.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

"Ms Coffey was unavailable for comment." on 12:39 - Jul 11 with 1614 viewsjeera

"Ms Coffey was unavailable for comment." on 12:33 - Jul 11 by Dyland

She doesn't seem to be on speaking terms with anyone locally tbf. Obviously a lot of Tory voters in large swathes of Suffolk Coastal, most of whom think she's useless on local matters as well, the ones I know anyway. I see she's put her apples in Truss' basket to boot. Two hopeless and shameless chancers.

How the fook have we got here? See also Tom Hunt in Ipswich. Pretty depressing, regardless of which party one votes for.

Remarkable really.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

"Ms Coffey was unavailable for comment." on 17:30 - Jul 11 with 1342 viewsElephantintheRoom

"Ms Coffey was unavailable for comment." on 12:39 - Jul 11 by jeera

Remarkable really.

In those far off days before she stepped into Gummer’s shoes I wandered out of the bar at the Bell Hotel and went to her hustings in Saxmundham market hall. She was quickly exposed as a liar, pretending to be a Suffolk resident by taking a short term holiday rental in Westleton. Even the vicar thought that was not on.

She got in easily though

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

"Ms Coffey was unavailable for comment." on 19:45 - Jul 11 with 1245 viewsjeera

"Ms Coffey was unavailable for comment." on 17:30 - Jul 11 by ElephantintheRoom

In those far off days before she stepped into Gummer’s shoes I wandered out of the bar at the Bell Hotel and went to her hustings in Saxmundham market hall. She was quickly exposed as a liar, pretending to be a Suffolk resident by taking a short term holiday rental in Westleton. Even the vicar thought that was not on.

She got in easily though

Some people really do sometimes get what they deserve.

The problem as always is of course how we all pay the price.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Coffey confronted in Saxmundham on 09:24 - Jul 12 with 1024 viewsChurchman

My view on this is that nobody deserves to feel threatened, should be threatened or assaulted, whether Labour, tory, Jimmy Krankie or alien. In my world there is no excuse or room for it.

People choose to go into public life whether a footballer or politician so you could argue anything goes. In fact, pre 1832 it did. People voted in public and this was usually accompanied by a riot and candidates often got the treatment. In 1818 in Bristol for example, candidates were pelted with stinking fish, dead dogs, cats and rats. I like to think we’ve moved on a little.

The pilsbury dough woman might be a useless waste of oxygen (and she is), but there’s a time and a place for disposing of her. Public meetings, take her apart, ballot box, kick her out, media - expose her ineptitude, but for me there’s a limit however odious the creature.
"Ms Coffey was unavailable for comment." on 10:47 - Jul 12 with 945 viewsrgp1

"Ms Coffey was unavailable for comment." on 17:30 - Jul 11 by ElephantintheRoom

She got in easily though

'She got in easily' that's not hard in Suffolk Coastal. Just put a blue rosette on your dog or cat and it will get elected. And therein lies the problem with our electoral system. I don't pretend to know the answer but something needs to change.
"Ms Coffey was unavailable for comment." on 11:03 - Jul 12 with 906 viewsRaffles

"Ms Coffey was unavailable for comment." on 10:47 - Jul 12 by rgp1

'She got in easily' that's not hard in Suffolk Coastal. Just put a blue rosette on your dog or cat and it will get elected. And therein lies the problem with our electoral system. I don't pretend to know the answer but something needs to change.

In fact things may be beginning to change. I investigated the last local elections across the east, and formerly safe Tory seats were seeing changes, dramatic in some cases. Partly down to demographics, partly to usual Tory voters now furious over Partygate. Most apparent in Herts, similar signs in Cambs. Not enough evidence in Norfolk or Suffolk so far.
"Ms Coffey was unavailable for comment." on 11:44 - Jul 12 with 870 viewsrgp1

"Ms Coffey was unavailable for comment." on 11:03 - Jul 12 by Raffles

In fact things may be beginning to change. I investigated the last local elections across the east, and formerly safe Tory seats were seeing changes, dramatic in some cases. Partly down to demographics, partly to usual Tory voters now furious over Partygate. Most apparent in Herts, similar signs in Cambs. Not enough evidence in Norfolk or Suffolk so far.

Are they furious enough though to throw out their own at a general election. Looking at South suffolk for example. Even in the Labour landslide yours Yeo still got 4 or 5 thousand more votes than the nearest opposition. The problem with large swaves of rural East anglia is that they are not representative of all of the area.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024