Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Die Die Delia Delia Die 08:19 - Jul 17 with 12516 viewsNeedhamChris

Does anyone else think it's time that the 'die die Delia Delia die' chant is put in the bin where it belongs? It's pretty foul, unnecessary and not exactly a creative masterpiece either.

Listening to people applaud the 'her game too' initiative last season, followed by them singing "she's a whore" was another embarrassing one.

I know it's just a chant, but I really hate hearing this one at PR or elsewhere. We even brought it out at Needham Market - what is the point?
[Post edited 17 Jul 2022 8:20]

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 08:23 - Jul 17 with 7533 viewsGuthrum

Yes. Particularly at games where the opposition is not Norwich and may have no idea who "Delia" is in that context.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2022 8:24]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 08:26 - Jul 17 with 7507 viewstractordownsouth

Yep. I never sing it myself. No problems with some of the other Delia chants but in my view nobody should be singing “she’s a whore” in 2022.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 08:47 - Jul 17 with 7387 viewsfabian_illness

I've worked at Delias house a few times and she's actually a very nice person. Just saying.
Die Die Delia Delia Die on 08:51 - Jul 17 with 7337 viewsGeoffSentence

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 08:26 - Jul 17 by tractordownsouth

Yep. I never sing it myself. No problems with some of the other Delia chants but in my view nobody should be singing “she’s a whore” in 2022.

I think we should hit them where it hurts

There's a circus come to Town
come to Town
Norwich City are going down
going down
Delia Smith
Well she's an average cook
Norwich City are going down
going down

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 08:51 - Jul 17 with 7331 viewsITFC_Forever

You’ve forgotten something…. Some of our fans are utter cretins.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 09:12 - Jul 17 with 7235 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I think all chants/singing at football should be banned.

I've always found it weird the idea of singing songs to a load of guys running around a field.

Does anyone on here do a job where people come and sing to them while they're working?

Cheering/applause etc is fine when something exciting happens, but otherwise there's no reason we shouldn't be able to hear the sound of a Werther's Original being opened.

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 09:21 - Jul 17 with 7153 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 09:12 - Jul 17 by ThisIsMyUsername

I've always found it weird the idea of singing songs to a load of guys running around a field.

Does anyone on here do a job where people come and sing to them while they're working?

Cheering/applause etc is fine when something exciting happens, but otherwise there's no reason we shouldn't be able to hear the sound of a Werther's Original being opened.

Yes people come and sing to me while I'm working, but then I am a musical theatre director.

I think clapping should be banned as well. Unless you're a performing seal in a circus it makes absolutely no sense, and even then it doesn't make a great deal. Except if you really really like fish.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 09:26 - Jul 17 with 7108 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 09:21 - Jul 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yes people come and sing to me while I'm working, but then I am a musical theatre director.

I think clapping should be banned as well. Unless you're a performing seal in a circus it makes absolutely no sense, and even then it doesn't make a great deal. Except if you really really like fish.

Good points.

Now I think about it more, I'd also be OK with all clapping being banned. Especially when the players nearly score a goal, but don't actually score. No one would come and clap when any of us do our job properly, less so when we almost (but not quite) do our job properly.

Maybe we should have decibel meters installed at PR and every time it goes above the level of a Murray Mint being chewed alarms can go off and people can be ejected.

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Login to get fewer ads

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 09:27 - Jul 17 with 7094 viewsGeoffSentence

Vicars do

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 09:29 - Jul 17 with 7094 viewsPioneerBlue

I don’t see it as my place to tell people what they can or can’t say or how to behave. However it’s not a chant for a club bringing new families and children to expand the fanbase. I expect people understand this, building an inclusive club is better for all us supporters. I know there are females that don’t care much either. I expect fewer people will engage in these sorts of charts going forwards therefore it will be limited or die out through evolution of mind!

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 09:31 - Jul 17 with 7055 viewsVeggie

It’s certainly very off-putting when trying to read the Guardian online during matches
Die Die Delia Delia Die on 10:32 - Jul 17 with 6712 viewsSkip_Intro

any songs about Norwich when we aren't playing them are pointless and cringeworthy...especially 'and we will fight forevermore'...

Completely agree with the OP ref the Delia chants too fwiw.
[Redacted] on 10:40 - Jul 17 with 6651 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Die Die Delia Delia Die on 10:40 - Jul 17 with 6641 viewsMattinLondon

I love the singing and smoke bombs and everything that makes football have a carnival atmosphere. But the Delia song is awful and the fellas that starts it off always look like they still live with their mums.

I think Blue Action make a point of not starting or joining in with that particular song.
Die Die Delia Delia Die on 10:42 - Jul 17 with 6643 viewshammo56

I also cringe when the Champions Of Europe chant starts up.
Unfortunately we have never been Champions Of Europe and it makes some of our fans look idiots when they sing it.
Die Die Delia Delia Die on 10:46 - Jul 17 with 6594 viewsMattinLondon

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 08:51 - Jul 17 by ITFC_Forever

You’ve forgotten something…. Some of our fans are utter cretins.

Same with all other clubs. I’m sure Everton fans sing derogatory songs about Liverpool and Sunderland the same with Newcastle.
Die Die Delia Delia Die on 10:48 - Jul 17 with 6593 viewsjayessess

Anecdotally, when I've taken female friends to watch Ipswich for the first time, it's been the alienating thing that they've commented on.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 10:48 - Jul 17 with 6588 viewsChateauWines

Many on here say Norwich are tinpot. A relatively high percentage of our chants are anti them. I hate it and it makes us tinpot. How often do we actually get behind Ipswich at Portman Road? Big numbers but not enough, "F@@k em up, get into em" on those frustrating and difficult afternoons

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 10:48 - Jul 17 with 6577 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 10:42 - Jul 17 by hammo56

Unfortunately we have never been Champions Of Europe and it makes some of our fans look idiots when they sing it.

Pedant.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 10:58 - Jul 17 with 6522 viewssolemio

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 10:42 - Jul 17 by hammo56

While you are technically correct, there used to be the occasional season when it was generally agreed that the winner of the UEFA Cup was a better team than the winner of the European Cup. It was agreed by most neutral observers that ITFC was the best team in Europe that season. Ask Monsieur Platini if you happen to see him.

Also don't forget that in those days the EC was only for the league champions of each country.
Die Die Delia Delia Die on 11:01 - Jul 17 with 6497 viewsHipsterectomy

It does feel especially crude now when you see her asleep at a match with a blanket on her. Anyone who can fall asleep outside in Newcastle in December probably has some health issues, or has had a lot of wine

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 11:17 - Jul 17 with 6422 viewsgalacticoblue

Pretty sure the vast majority who sing it won’t be reading this forum.
Die Die Delia Delia Die on 11:18 - Jul 17 with 6419 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 08:23 - Jul 17 by Guthrum

Yes. Particularly at games where the opposition is not Norwich and may have no idea who "Delia" is in that context.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2022 8:24]

The whole singing anti Norwich songs when we are playing Morecambe has long been an embarrassment for me. Especially 'Hark now hear the Ipswich sing', when we haven't played Norwich on Boxing day since 19 fking 80

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 11:21 - Jul 17 with 6401 viewsBlueBadger

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 11:17 - Jul 17 by galacticoblue

Pretty sure the vast majority who sing it won’t be reading this forum.

Or just reading, in general.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 11:24 - Jul 17 with 6177 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Die Die Delia Delia Die on 11:21 - Jul 17 by BlueBadger

Or just reading, in general.

Do the Daily Mail do an audio version?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024