Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your footballing hot takes 10:28 - Aug 16 with 3750 viewsMediocre_Quick

From terrible to downright outrageous,

I'll start

Darwin Nunez will get less than 15 goals for Liverpool this season and will this season prem flop
Your footballing hot takes on 11:50 - Aug 16 with 991 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Your footballing hot takes on 11:48 - Aug 16 by clive_baker

- Neymar isn't all that. Couple of good seasons at Barca then spent his prime years in a farmers league for a team that largely wins the league by 15 points a season.

- Matthew Penney is one of, if not the worst left back I've seen in a town shirt for 30 years and has the upper body strength of an 8 week old kitten.

- Keanan Bennetts. Shocking (Said in Roy Keane accent).

Tbf to Neymar he is one of the most effective dribblers of all time coupled with being a supreme goal scorer and ridiculously good at passing with incredible assist numbers.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Your footballing hot takes on 11:52 - Aug 16 with 966 viewsmylittletown

Your footballing hot takes on 11:46 - Aug 16 by SE1blue

Think Southgate benefits massively from following managers who created an embarrassing media circus: El Tel, Sven, Fat Sam and the Wally with the Brolly. They have nothing on him.

They’ll work the boring angle to get rid of him. His lack of risk taking will be his downfall too. He was a calculated risk away from winning us the Euros.

Maybe it amounts to the same thing, but he was a really imaginative midfielder away from winning the Euros.
Your footballing hot takes on 11:54 - Aug 16 with 935 viewsclive_baker

Your footballing hot takes on 11:50 - Aug 16 by TRUE_BLUE123

Tbf to Neymar he is one of the most effective dribblers of all time coupled with being a supreme goal scorer and ridiculously good at passing with incredible assist numbers.

His stats are ridiculous, not least at international level. They can't REALLY be argued with.

It's a contrarian hot take he's spoken about like a great, and for me if I had to pick a 23 man World Cup squad from any nationality, I don't think he would make mine at all.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Your footballing hot takes on 11:55 - Aug 16 with 927 viewsMattinLondon

Mick isn’t that great a manager - did more harm than good whilst here.
Your footballing hot takes on 11:56 - Aug 16 with 929 viewsmylittletown

Carvalho is going to be a real star by the end of this season.

Lisandro Martinez will be seen as one of the worst big money buys of all time. and will be loaned back to the Netherlands after Christmas.
Your footballing hot takes on 11:57 - Aug 16 with 907 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Your footballing hot takes on 11:54 - Aug 16 by clive_baker

His stats are ridiculous, not least at international level. They can't REALLY be argued with.

It's a contrarian hot take he's spoken about like a great, and for me if I had to pick a 23 man World Cup squad from any nationality, I don't think he would make mine at all.

fair play, i guess my opinion is the other way then i actually think hes the most underrated footballer of all time because a lot of people share your view. Its like Hot takeception.

I think he very early got labelled as a skillster who dives and does it for great teams. But just watching him, he's ridiculously talented. One of 3 players to score 100+ for 3 clubs.

Good hot take though, it got me thinking.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 11:57]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Your footballing hot takes on 12:02 - Aug 16 with 869 viewsBondiBlue

Your footballing hot takes on 11:35 - Aug 16 by clive_baker

That's not a hot take! Anyone who thinks Jermaine Wright wasn't good is a bloody idiot.

There were a few sat near me in block I brittania who were pretty sure he was bad. Maybe they expected him to play just like kieron dyer.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Your footballing hot takes on 12:04 - Aug 16 with 853 viewsBlueBadger

Your footballing hot takes on 11:35 - Aug 16 by clive_baker

That's not a hot take! Anyone who thinks Jermaine Wright wasn't good is a bloody idiot.

He's a good 'barometer' player is J Wright. The sort of player that, if people diss on them, they don't really know very much about football.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Your footballing hot takes on 12:09 - Aug 16 with 830 viewsBondiBlue

Your footballing hot takes on 12:04 - Aug 16 by BlueBadger

He's a good 'barometer' player is J Wright. The sort of player that, if people diss on them, they don't really know very much about football.

I wonder if celina is a barometer player but the other way around. If you think the sun shines out of his rear end, then you don't know much about football?

Maybe i'm just bitter that he rejected me. I mean rejected us.

Your footballing hot takes on 12:10 - Aug 16 with 818 viewsmylittletown

Your footballing hot takes on 12:04 - Aug 16 by BlueBadger

Agreed, likewise Whymark in the great 70's teams, Scowcroft at around the same time as J.Wright, and Kelvin Davis.
Your footballing hot takes on 12:16 - Aug 16 with 794 viewsMediocre_Quick

Your footballing hot takes on 11:33 - Aug 16 by Mookamoo

The higher up the football pyramid you go, the more boring it becomes.

Lower or non league football is a more entertaining and full-filling day out.

Have to agree with this one! Always have fun at the locals!
Your footballing hot takes on 12:16 - Aug 16 with 788 viewsBondiBlue

Your footballing hot takes on 12:10 - Aug 16 by mylittletown

Agreed, likewise Whymark in the great 70's teams, Scowcroft at around the same time as J.Wright, and Kelvin Davis.

Let's chuck wilnis, clapham and naylor in with scowcroft and wright. We're couldn't decide if any of them were any good. Then they finished 5th in the premier league. And we still weren't sure.

Your footballing hot takes on 12:20 - Aug 16 with 771 viewsmylittletown

Your footballing hot takes on 12:16 - Aug 16 by BondiBlue

Let's chuck wilnis, clapham and naylor in with scowcroft and wright. We're couldn't decide if any of them were any good. Then they finished 5th in the premier league. And we still weren't sure.

As it happens, Wilnis, who was actually a pretty average right back in a back 4, would have really suited this system, as would Clapham.
Tbf, anyone who wasn't sure that Clapham was a good player needs to be treated with suspicion.
Your footballing hot takes on 12:25 - Aug 16 with 749 viewsStokieBlue

McKenna is very smarmy.

Dobra is worth 5m.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Your footballing hot takes on 12:31 - Aug 16 with 721 viewsFrimleyBlue

Your footballing hot takes on 12:25 - Aug 16 by StokieBlue

McKenna is very smarmy.

Dobra is worth 5m.

SB

Poor you SB. No mind of your own to come up with something. Bless you.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Your footballing hot takes on 12:38 - Aug 16 with 705 viewsEwan_Oozami

We will start to struggle in the autumn, lose a couple of important games and Keogh will come on and play the Mogga role and take us into the top two at the end of the season...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Your footballing hot takes on 12:38 - Aug 16 with 706 viewsStokieBlue

Your footballing hot takes on 12:31 - Aug 16 by FrimleyBlue

Poor you SB. No mind of your own to come up with something. Bless you.

I could never compete with the hot takes master so I didn't even try.

It's a form of flattery.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Your footballing hot takes on 12:41 - Aug 16 with 696 viewsMullet

Kits:

Teams should only be allowed 1x home and 1x away kit per season. If there is a clash the away team plays in a plain white or black kit etc.

Fans should not be allowed personalisation on kits because some people ruin it see: "69 arf!" etc

Grounds:

Safe standing and a roof on each stand is a minimum requirement for all grounds in the 92

I do not want to visit a shopping centre or food court on the way to my seat. None of this "partnerships" nonsense. Concourse, bars, bogs that's all we need.

ITFC

Lyall is the most overlooked manager in our history and I am guilty of it all the time

Anyone who refers to us/sings about us etc as "Tractor boys" should be shot at close range with a rubber bullet. 1st offence - in a limb 2nd - straight in the spuds

McKenna will be in the Prem before us and Gamechanger will move heaven and earth to get someone who puts us there the season or two after.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Your footballing hot takes on 12:56 - Aug 16 with 648 viewsleitrimblue

Paul Gascoigne did not eat all the pies
Your footballing hot takes on 13:18 - Aug 16 with 620 viewsFunge

Your footballing hot takes on 12:41 - Aug 16 by Mullet

Kits:

Teams should only be allowed 1x home and 1x away kit per season. If there is a clash the away team plays in a plain white or black kit etc.

Fans should not be allowed personalisation on kits because some people ruin it see: "69 arf!" etc

Grounds:

Safe standing and a roof on each stand is a minimum requirement for all grounds in the 92

I do not want to visit a shopping centre or food court on the way to my seat. None of this "partnerships" nonsense. Concourse, bars, bogs that's all we need.

ITFC

Lyall is the most overlooked manager in our history and I am guilty of it all the time

Anyone who refers to us/sings about us etc as "Tractor boys" should be shot at close range with a rubber bullet. 1st offence - in a limb 2nd - straight in the spuds

McKenna will be in the Prem before us and Gamechanger will move heaven and earth to get someone who puts us there the season or two after.

Bang on re: Lyall.
Your footballing hot takes on 13:26 - Aug 16 with 590 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Your footballing hot takes on 11:33 - Aug 16 by yesjohn99

Pablo counago most overrated player to put on the Ipswich blue and white.

The signing of Pablo Counago is the reason why Ipswich Town are currently languishing in the 3rd tier.

I can show my working on that one. For those who doubt me, it involves him being the player who broke Marcus Stewart's jaw in a training ground accident, depriving us of the top scoring English striker in the Prem, and Pablo's failure to score a single goal in plenty of matches that season.

No Stewart injury, no relegation. No relegation, ITV Digital collapse irrelevant, and no need to sell off the team.
Your footballing hot takes on 13:28 - Aug 16 with 573 viewsgiant_stow

Darren Huckerby would have won England the World cup if given a chance.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Your footballing hot takes on 13:32 - Aug 16 with 564 viewsFrimleyBlue

Your footballing hot takes on 13:26 - Aug 16 by ArnoldMoorhen

The signing of Pablo Counago is the reason why Ipswich Town are currently languishing in the 3rd tier.

I can show my working on that one. For those who doubt me, it involves him being the player who broke Marcus Stewart's jaw in a training ground accident, depriving us of the top scoring English striker in the Prem, and Pablo's failure to score a single goal in plenty of matches that season.

No Stewart injury, no relegation. No relegation, ITV Digital collapse irrelevant, and no need to sell off the team.

Richard Wright leaving didn't help either. Greedy bstred.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Your footballing hot takes on 13:32 - Aug 16 with 565 viewsmylittletown

Your footballing hot takes on 13:26 - Aug 16 by ArnoldMoorhen

There were several reasons why we got relegated. Here are two.

I'd say that the main non-playing reason was Dale Roberts' terrible illness which deprived GB of his sounding board and man manager.

On the pitch, teams realised that, for all his strengths, you could run Magilton easily, which left you running at Venus and McGreal who were not at all comfortable. The season before getting pass Magilton and Holland had meant taking on Titus, something with which not a lot of forwards were comfortable.
Your footballing hot takes on 13:32 - Aug 16 with 566 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

John-Jules’ spell here, despite his promising debut, is destined to end in a ‘John-Jules returns to Arsenal’ headline in January having scored 1 goal in 13 appearances

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024