Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please tell me we weren’t singing Ipswich are massive… 09:06 - Aug 21 with 2620 viewstractorshark

Watched the Sky highlights this morning as I couldn’t go yesterday.
Thought I heard us singing Ipswich are massive everywhere we go.
Please tell me I need to get my hearing checked.
It’s the most cringiest song out there. If you go to a game at West Ham, you’ll appreciate why. (Just listen out for the DJ version)
But they’re a bunch of bell ends, on the whole we’re not.
Don’t mind the Norwich get battered version but if you’re copying West Ham fans, you need to give your head a wobble.

Other than that, all great.
Please tell me we weren’t singing Ipswich are massive… on 09:22 - Aug 21 with 2524 viewsoncebluealwaysblue

I never understand this “our fans shouldn’t sing that” take.

We’ve had 20 years of nothingness and finally things look bright, and you begrudge the fans having a sing because you don’t like the song.

Pathetic.
Please tell me we weren’t singing Ipswich are massive… on 09:24 - Aug 21 with 2489 viewsMullet

Didn't happen.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Please tell me we weren’t singing Ipswich are massive… on 09:31 - Aug 21 with 2437 viewsPlums

I had the same thought but after a re-watch, it’s the Shrews fans singing it.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Please tell me we weren’t singing Ipswich are massive… on 15:17 - Aug 21 with 2080 viewstractorshark

Please tell me we weren’t singing Ipswich are massive… on 09:31 - Aug 21 by Plums

I had the same thought but after a re-watch, it’s the Shrews fans singing it.

I am very happy to stand corrected if that’s the case. Although why Shrewsbury would sing it is beyond me.

Regards the first comment about you can sing what you like. Absolutely but it’s always good to have a bit of originality rather than copying other teams. That’s what gives you identity. Clearly not every chant is going to be original although we do seem to miss a few open goals with some players. Wes Burns being the most obvious one.

That West Ham chant started off as ironic p**s take by their own fans at the ‘massive’ tag that they bestowed on themselves. Unfortunately the majority of their fan base now think it’s a badge of honour which is why they attract scorn from every away club when they sing it.
Please tell me we weren’t singing Ipswich are massive… on 15:31 - Aug 21 with 2025 viewsBig_Jase

People were singing Shrewsbury get battered near me, mainly to wind up a mouthy group of young Shrews supporters. I think that’s what you probably heard.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Please tell me we weren’t singing Ipswich are massive… on 15:55 - Aug 21 with 1948 viewsStewart27

This over analysing of songs is getting a little tedious.

As long as it’s not personally offensive then just let teams sing about how good they think they are.
Please tell me we weren’t singing Ipswich are massive… on 17:16 - Aug 21 with 1769 viewsBig_Jase

Please tell me we weren’t singing Ipswich are massive… on 15:55 - Aug 21 by Stewart27

This over analysing of songs is getting a little tedious.

As long as it’s not personally offensive then just let teams sing about how good they think they are.

Are you telling me we aren’t the finest football team, the world has ever seen?

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Please tell me we weren’t singing Ipswich are massive… on 19:41 - Aug 21 with 1563 viewsMattinLondon

Please tell me we weren’t singing Ipswich are massive… on 17:16 - Aug 21 by Big_Jase

Yes we are. And Huckerby is a wan**r and has the hat to prove it.
Login to get fewer ads

Please tell me we weren’t singing Ipswich are massive… on 19:55 - Aug 21 with 1503 viewsFromReuserWithLove

the unoriginality of football songs is forever embarrassing. However so is the use of 'give your head a wobble' - hate that term.
Please tell me we weren’t singing Ipswich are massive… on 07:45 - Aug 22 with 1180 viewsglasso

Let's really make a name for ourselves as the first club to commit only to factually correct songs.

I'd like to put forward 'We are top of the league but let's not get carried away now it's still early in the season' to the tune of Mozart's fifth and also 'Kieran McKenna seems to be very tactically astute but still largely untested at this level' to David Bowie's 'Heroes'

And there's always the old classic, 'We're the 45th finest football team in the English pyramid as of 3pm today'
Please tell me we weren’t singing Ipswich are massive… on 08:11 - Aug 22 with 1118 viewsBRITFC

It was just "Shrewsbury get battered" which was sung not "Ipswich are massive". And only sung because their fans next to us were completely unhinged after being on the end of a beating.
Please tell me we weren’t singing Ipswich are massive… on 08:32 - Aug 22 with 1056 viewsSaleAway

Please tell me we weren’t singing Ipswich are massive… on 07:45 - Aug 22 by glasso

Let's really make a name for ourselves as the first club to commit only to factually correct songs.

I'd like to put forward 'We are top of the league but let's not get carried away now it's still early in the season' to the tune of Mozart's fifth and also 'Kieran McKenna seems to be very tactically astute but still largely untested at this level' to David Bowie's 'Heroes'

And there's always the old classic, 'We're the 45th finest football team in the English pyramid as of 3pm today'

To be fair to us, that Shrewsbury fan that we were enquiring about the score to, was definitely bald...

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Please tell me we weren’t singing Ipswich are massive… on 08:39 - Aug 22 with 1031 viewsCityBlue

Please tell me we weren’t singing Ipswich are massive… on 09:22 - Aug 21 by oncebluealwaysblue

I never understand this “our fans shouldn’t sing that” take.

We’ve had 20 years of nothingness and finally things look bright, and you begrudge the fans having a sing because you don’t like the song.

Pathetic.

sing away...but please not this trend...it is cringworthy at its best

I T I D

Please tell me we weren’t singing Ipswich are massive… on 08:53 - Aug 22 with 990 viewstractorshark

Please tell me we weren’t singing Ipswich are massive… on 07:45 - Aug 22 by glasso

Very good.

Can we also establish what Boxing Day it was please?

I can never work out whether it was 1980, sometime in the 70s or 1960.
Please tell me we weren’t singing Ipswich are massive… on 12:43 - Aug 22 with 785 viewsberkstractorboy

Please tell me we weren’t singing Ipswich are massive… on 17:16 - Aug 21 by Big_Jase

No, Scum are they won once in Munich you know!!
Please tell me we weren’t singing Ipswich are massive… on 12:56 - Aug 22 with 747 viewsMediocre_Quick

Hi Fisherman
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024