Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Queue 05:55 - Sep 16 with 5154 viewsChondzoresk

Some are these people are oddballs. BBC news interviewing some woman who’s taken her Mums ashes in an urn to queue up and view the coffin. Because her Mum “loved the Queen”.
My late Dad loved ITFC, however, I’m not taking him with me to Sheffield Wednesday this Saturday.
The Queue on 10:58 - Sep 16 with 1164 viewsMattinLondon

The Queue on 10:51 - Sep 16 by Leaky

Are they better than Fratton Park

Portsmouth is one big toilet isn’t it?
The Queue on 11:02 - Sep 16 with 1147 viewsZapers

The Queue on 08:21 - Sep 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

The queue has convinced Junior that people are totally bonkers. In fact I would go as far as to suggest the whole show has radicalised her!
#atlast

You sure it's not you that radicalised her;)
The Queue on 11:03 - Sep 16 with 1142 viewsgiant_stow

The Queue on 09:58 - Sep 16 by ronnyd

Just heard on BBC that the queue is being held for six hours because of overcapacity. If you haven't joined already then tough.

There's now a queue forming to join the queue apparently.

Edit: if the 'proper' queue is taking 14 hours and they're not reopening entry to it for 6 hours... those people joining the queue for the queue are remarkable.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2022 11:06]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The Queue on 11:09 - Sep 16 with 1114 viewsArnoldMoorhen

The Queue on 09:31 - Sep 16 by Ryorry

You post on TWTD, surely you’re used to oddballs by now? ;)

There’ve been lovely stories coming out of the queue - lifelong friendships being made, sharing of food and drink, wonderful atmosphere etc.

"Lifelong friendships being made".

It is a *touch* premature to say that, surely?

It's more akin to people who had to sit at the same table for breakfast in a B and B in Bournemouth in the 1970s promising to stay in touch. I mean, some may have done...
The Queue on 11:55 - Sep 16 with 1057 viewsbaxterbasics

The Queue on 11:03 - Sep 16 by giant_stow

There's now a queue forming to join the queue apparently.

Edit: if the 'proper' queue is taking 14 hours and they're not reopening entry to it for 6 hours... those people joining the queue for the queue are remarkable.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2022 11:06]

Although the main queue will be depleting for those 6 hours so it doesn't mean they have 14+6 hours to endure.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

The Queue on 11:56 - Sep 16 with 1055 viewsgiant_stow

The Queue on 11:55 - Sep 16 by baxterbasics

Although the main queue will be depleting for those 6 hours so it doesn't mean they have 14+6 hours to endure.

You're absolutely right and I'm an idiot.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The Queue on 11:59 - Sep 16 with 1054 viewsRyorry

The Queue on 11:09 - Sep 16 by ArnoldMoorhen

It's more akin to people who had to sit at the same table for breakfast in a B and B in Bournemouth in the 1970s promising to stay in touch. I mean, some may have done...

I thought it was pretty obvious that I meant people who'd formed such a bond that they were going to stay in touch. Most were pensioners, who in my experience don't give up friendships easily, one reason for that being that you lose too many through them turning up their toes before you :(

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The Queue on 12:04 - Sep 16 with 1044 viewsArnoldMoorhen

The Queue on 11:59 - Sep 16 by Ryorry

I thought it was pretty obvious that I meant people who'd formed such a bond that they were going to stay in touch. Most were pensioners, who in my experience don't give up friendships easily, one reason for that being that you lose too many through them turning up their toes before you :(

Yes, it was, and I was being light-hearted, but the "holiday friends" example is analogous- forced together in a particular time and place, but difficult to sustain long term, even if the "call in anytime" was well intentioned in the moment.
Login to get fewer ads

The Queue on 12:14 - Sep 16 with 1030 viewsRyorry

The Queue on 12:04 - Sep 16 by ArnoldMoorhen

Yes, it was, and I was being light-hearted, but the "holiday friends" example is analogous- forced together in a particular time and place, but difficult to sustain long term, even if the "call in anytime" was well intentioned in the moment.

Quite something tho when pensioners form WhatsApp groups in the queue so that if one of them gets lost when going for a pee or whatever, they'd be able to find the group again (that group was 8 of them, interviewed on R5l 'Drive' programme, ironically! on Weds). You should have heard them, I'd be v. surprised if they don't stay in touch.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2022 12:16]

The Queue on 12:26 - Sep 16 with 1012 viewsRadlett_blue

The Queue on 09:18 - Sep 16 by giant_stow

Haha. I've been in that chip shop queue and it did feel never ending.

In other news I just read that an estimated 4 billion people will watch the funeral on Monday. If true, wow. It would be the most widely watched event ever. Quite something in this day and age.

They will adopt the Bernie Ecclestone method of calculating viewers. If you watched a 10 second clip of Michael Scumacher taking the chequered flag at Monza, Bernie deemed you to have watched the Italian GP.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The Queue on 13:10 - Sep 16 with 978 viewsRyorry

The Queue on 10:29 - Sep 16 by bluelagos

Or

The Queue on 13:17 - Sep 16 with 955 viewsbungaytractor

I just thought of something that if you changed the letters around in queue and turn one of the u's the other way up and put at the end it would spell queen.... queue for queen lol
The Queue on 13:46 - Sep 16 with 929 viewsChondzoresk

Well, I apologise if I have upset anyone with my post. It was not my intention to belittle anyone.
The Queue on 13:56 - Sep 16 with 914 viewsbaxterbasics

The Queue on 13:46 - Sep 16 by Chondzoresk

Well, I apologise if I have upset anyone with my post. It was not my intention to belittle anyone.

Don't think you did bud it was fairly good natured - there's a lot worse going about from those looking to score a point, on either side.

zip

The Queue on 14:02 - Sep 16 with 899 viewsRyorry

The Queue on 13:56 - Sep 16 by baxterbasics

Don't think you did bud it was fairly good natured - there's a lot worse going about from those looking to score a point, on either side.

Matchday tomorrow will sort it :)

Well as long as we don't lose anyway - but in that case we'll probably unite in disgust at the ref and/or his assistants!

The Queue on 14:08 - Sep 16 with 872 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I walked past it yesterday from the National Theatre to Blackfriars. Wasn't sure what it was for at first, given that's a fair distance from Westminster. Dunno how much further it went past Blackfriars as I was getting on a train there, but I concluded they're all as mad as a barrel of monkeys.

Not like you can even see her. I hate queuing at the best of times but queuing 16+ hours to look at a wooden box for a few seconds? Bonkers.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The Queue on 14:24 - Sep 16 with 863 viewsSwansea_Blue

Depends whether it gets targeted by terrorists!

(Sorry )

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Queue on 16:38 - Sep 16 with 804 viewsRadlett_blue

The Queue on 14:08 - Sep 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

I walked past it yesterday from the National Theatre to Blackfriars. Wasn't sure what it was for at first, given that's a fair distance from Westminster. Dunno how much further it went past Blackfriars as I was getting on a train there, but I concluded they're all as mad as a barrel of monkeys.

Not like you can even see her. I hate queuing at the best of times but queuing 16+ hours to look at a wooden box for a few seconds? Bonkers.

Yes, I think they're all slightly mad, but I presume it pleases them & it doesn't affect me. My brother in law & his wife have queued. We have found a pub open on monday where they will join us for dinner to celebrate Mrs Radlett's birthday so I will endeavour to keep off the subject of the Queen's funeral.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The Queue on 17:10 - Sep 16 with 780 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

This has turned into some kind of weird Mecca whereby the longer you queue the more worthy you are.

Each to their own I guess, to me just seems an odd thing to happen in the West in 2022.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2022 17:30]
The Queue on 17:21 - Sep 16 with 758 viewsbaxterbasics

The Queue on 17:10 - Sep 16 by SuperKieranMcKenna

This has turned into some kind of weird Mecca whereby the longer you queue the more worthy you are.

Each to their own I guess, to me just seems an odd thing to happen in the West in 2022.

Well I can't be all that worthy then - at over 24 hours now, so I'm out!

zip

The Queue on 18:22 - Sep 16 with 730 viewssolomon

The Queue on 12:26 - Sep 16 by Radlett_blue

They will adopt the Bernie Ecclestone method of calculating viewers. If you watched a 10 second clip of Michael Scumacher taking the chequered flag at Monza, Bernie deemed you to have watched the Italian GP.

Bernie may be dodgy as hell but he should forever forgiven for his comments after the decision on spy gate and the £95 million McLaren were fined

“£5million was for the spying itself, the other 90 was for Ron being a C#nt”
The Queue on 18:57 - Sep 16 with 712 viewsDinDjarin

The Queue on 17:10 - Sep 16 by SuperKieranMcKenna

The whole thing is just weird.
The Queue on 00:59 - Sep 17 with 654 viewsRyorry

The Queue on 18:57 - Sep 16 by DinDjarin

The whole thing is just weird.

It isn't if you make an effort to understand people.

The Queue on 01:08 - Sep 17 with 650 viewsTangledupin_Blue

No... None of them.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

The Queue on 01:32 - Sep 17 with 632 viewsRyorry

The Queue on 01:08 - Sep 17 by Tangledupin_Blue

No... None of them.

It's nothing like that, or holiday friendships.

You had to hear the people talking to get it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024