Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Highlights 07:35 - Oct 19 with 2190 viewsArgyle_blue

You can rate the ‘dive’ for yourself

Highlights on 08:04 - Oct 19 with 2084 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Yeah ridiculous decision. Looks like Cambridge had a fair few chances though, and not a lot for us. 10 men and a game that didn't matter, in a competition that doesn't matter, is not surprising I guess.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Highlights on 08:08 - Oct 19 with 2071 viewsSteve_M

Highlights on 08:04 - Oct 19 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yeah ridiculous decision. Looks like Cambridge had a fair few chances though, and not a lot for us. 10 men and a game that didn't matter, in a competition that doesn't matter, is not surprising I guess.

They did miss out Burns hitting the post at the start of the second half but we didn't do enough with the possession we had.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Highlights on 08:32 - Oct 19 with 1992 viewsbraveblue

Shocking decision. Hope he is ashamed this morning.
Highlights on 08:40 - Oct 19 with 1978 viewsGeoffSentence

Highlights on 08:32 - Oct 19 by braveblue

Shocking decision. Hope he is ashamed this morning.

Doubt, he has just taken the EFL instruction to not give us penalties to its logical conclusion.*

*yes, I know we had 2 the other day. Inexperienced ref, didnt get the memo.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Highlights on 09:35 - Oct 19 with 1848 viewsWickets

Highlights on 08:08 - Oct 19 by Steve_M

They did miss out Burns hitting the post at the start of the second half but we didn't do enough with the possession we had.

I thought the keeper saved it ?
Highlights on 09:39 - Oct 19 with 1818 viewsSteve_M

Highlights on 09:35 - Oct 19 by Wickets

Yes, I think I went off the commentary saying he hit the post. Might have been pushed onto the post.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Highlights on 09:41 - Oct 19 with 1814 viewsitfcjoe

Highlights on 08:04 - Oct 19 by The_Flashing_Smile

They turned it on for about 5-10 mins and basically all chances were in that period from 65-75th minute

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Highlights on 09:41 - Oct 19 with 1806 viewsitfcjoe

Highlights on 09:39 - Oct 19 by Steve_M

Yes, I think I went off the commentary saying he hit the post. Might have been pushed onto the post.

Hit keeper then post as went for a corner

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Highlights on 11:19 - Oct 19 with 1587 viewsRobTheMonk

There doesn't seem to be any logic in it.

- Why would Edwards dive when he knows he's on a yellow?
- You generally see the opposing player having a go for the dive. The Cambridge player had a look of resignation and surprise.
- Edwards popped up fairly quickly without really appealing too much and you could tell by his WTF body language that something was wrong.
- Why would he dive in a pizza cup game where Ipswich are already through?

The ref also booked Wolfie for a great tackle too. That's about when I stopped watching the game and had to deal with baby duties.
Highlights on 12:07 - Oct 19 with 1502 viewsberkstractorboy

Highlights on 11:19 - Oct 19 by RobTheMonk

There doesn't seem to be any logic in it.

- Why would Edwards dive when he knows he's on a yellow?
- You generally see the opposing player having a go for the dive. The Cambridge player had a look of resignation and surprise.
- Edwards popped up fairly quickly without really appealing too much and you could tell by his WTF body language that something was wrong.
- Why would he dive in a pizza cup game where Ipswich are already through?

The ref also booked Wolfie for a great tackle too. That's about when I stopped watching the game and had to deal with baby duties.

The Cambridge defender is walking away almost chuckling knowing it could be him on a yellow, 1-0 down against 11 instead its 0-0 against 10.

The FA have to find justice somehow and rescind it as it goes on his football career record as a red yet the stat he should have is penalties won!!
Highlights on 12:31 - Oct 19 with 1420 viewsRyorry

Highlights on 12:07 - Oct 19 by berkstractorboy

The Cambridge defender is walking away almost chuckling knowing it could be him on a yellow, 1-0 down against 11 instead its 0-0 against 10.

The FA have to find justice somehow and rescind it as it goes on his football career record as a red yet the stat he should have is penalties won!!

Good point that, tho in this case he'd be able to point out that the Cambridge manager (and all credit to him) put it on record afterwards that no way was it a red card, their defender tripped him over & it should have been a stonewall penalty to us.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Highlights on 12:41 - Oct 19 with 1374 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I'm hoping the 'Town in 5' angle is even more damning for the referee.
Lots and lots of comment over abuse of referees and assistant referees over the weekend.

When the stakes are so high, (for example failure to get promoted has seen clubs end up in admin), then referees have to get things right. I simply don't understand why there is no scheme to recruit ex professional footballers as referees.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 13:07]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Highlights on 12:57 - Oct 19 with 1314 viewsPinewoodblue

Also looks as if Brophy, not the Cambridge player pretending to have been poleaxed, is questioning the first booking.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Highlights on 18:47 - Oct 19 with 953 viewscbower

Highlights on 09:35 - Oct 19 by Wickets

Talking of keepers, a few decent moments for Hladky but looked painfully slow getting down for the goal to me.

bluescouser

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024