Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So now it's December 13:52 - Dec 1 with 1428 viewsbluelagos

I reckon it's ok to use the C word.

So come on, what you all doing for chrimbo? What's on yer chrimbo pressie list? What you cooking for chrimbo dinner? Are chrimbo dos still a thing at work?

Dedicated to Jeera :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

So now it's December on 14:18 - Dec 1 with 1372 viewsjeera

Dunno, probably the usual.

Followed by a spag bog in the avvo.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So now it's December on 14:27 - Dec 1 with 1356 viewsbluelagos

So now it's December on 14:18 - Dec 1 by jeera

Dunno, probably the usual.

Followed by a spag bog in the avvo.

Some good Aussie slang. Remember discussing the Clovelly hotel (pub) with an Aussie at the cricket once, when he used what has to be the most Australian sentence ever:

"That's the pisser where Sonny Bill Williams rooted Davie Warner's sheila in the dunnies"

So now it's December on 15:48 - Dec 1 with 1321 viewsArnoldMoorhen

You're going to have two Christmases this year!

25th December, then New Year, then Ukrainian Christmas starting with Christmas Eve being a big deal on 6th and then their Christmas Day on the 7th.

Two whole weeks of non-stop indulgence!

I reckon you're Christmas list needs to incorporate some elasticated trousers!
So now it's December on 15:51 - Dec 1 with 1311 viewsNthQldITFC

So now it's December on 14:27 - Dec 1 by bluelagos

Some good Aussie slang. Remember discussing the Clovelly hotel (pub) with an Aussie at the cricket once, when he used what has to be the most Australian sentence ever:

"That's the pisser where Sonny Bill Williams rooted Davie Warner's sheila in the dunnies"

"...she banged like a dunny door in a cyclone."

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

So now it's December on 15:59 - Dec 1 with 1299 viewsclive_baker

I have a work Christmas party next Thursday. I don't really know any of my colleagues socially as I'm there on a contract and haven't made much of an effort to get to know people tbh, but it should be OK. Nice to get invited, we're going for a meal in Kings Cross and then for drinks.

Christmas itself will be seeing family on both sides, mine first for a couple of days and then have my in-laws coming over from Dublin.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So now it's December on 15:59 - Dec 1 with 1298 viewsbluelagos

So now it's December on 15:48 - Dec 1 by ArnoldMoorhen

You're going to have two Christmases this year!

25th December, then New Year, then Ukrainian Christmas starting with Christmas Eve being a big deal on 6th and then their Christmas Day on the 7th.

Two whole weeks of non-stop indulgence!

I reckon you're Christmas list needs to incorporate some elasticated trousers!

Not into Christmas and now I get stuck with two ffs. Good job I'm not a miserable Grinch this time of year.

So now it's December on 16:17 - Dec 1 with 1279 viewsArnoldMoorhen

So now it's December on 15:59 - Dec 1 by bluelagos

Not into Christmas and now I get stuck with two ffs. Good job I'm not a miserable Grinch this time of year.

I don't know what happened- the last line should obviously have read:

"I reckon your Christmas list needs to incorporate some elasticated trousers with pictures of cats wearing Father Christmas hats on them!"

Merry Christmases Lagos!

We will almost certainly have some Ukrainians with us by then. The scheme is in disarray up here in Scotland and we went months without anything, so we went via our MSP and suddenly the Council got very responsive again. Hopefully soon. I may bend your ear at some point for advice...
So now it's December on 16:21 - Dec 1 with 1271 viewsjudespiveyg

Will spend Xmas with distant family in the Bay Area, hoping to see SF and Oakland. Will spend a few days before that in LA. Hoping to head to Chicago in the New Year for my 21st. First Xmas away from my family which will be strange but comes with the territory of spending a year studying abroad. #lookatme

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Login to get fewer ads

So now it's December on 16:28 - Dec 1 with 1253 viewsArnoldMoorhen

So now it's December on 16:21 - Dec 1 by judespiveyg

Will spend Xmas with distant family in the Bay Area, hoping to see SF and Oakland. Will spend a few days before that in LA. Hoping to head to Chicago in the New Year for my 21st. First Xmas away from my family which will be strange but comes with the territory of spending a year studying abroad. #lookatme

Nice one! Enjoy it! And cultivate friendships with people from all round the World to give you future travel options!
So now it's December on 16:34 - Dec 1 with 1243 viewsjudespiveyg

So now it's December on 16:28 - Dec 1 by ArnoldMoorhen

Nice one! Enjoy it! And cultivate friendships with people from all round the World to give you future travel options!

Because of my international flatmates I've now always got a place to stay in Frankfurt, Melbourne and Osaka. I'm sure they're all equally delighted that they've always got a place to stay in deepest darkest IP13.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

So now it's December on 16:52 - Dec 1 with 1219 viewsBarcaBlue

I've been doing up a house in the Catalan Pyrenees since the Summer. Plan was to be renting it out starting this month but been let down by builders and suppliers so won't be ready for paying guests til mid-January. So all the family will meet up here and my granddaughter gets her first Christmas surrounded by the snow. Can't wait.

Yorkshire puddings the centrepiece of Christmas dinner as they should be.
So now it's December on 17:15 - Dec 1 with 1193 viewsChondzoresk

Family Xmas day, Trad Xmas dinner…with grandchildren. Boxing Day…..exactly the same with our grandchildren. Can’t wait. Happy to be alive! Happy Xmas all!
So now it's December on 17:56 - Dec 1 with 1168 viewsfactual_blue

So now it's December on 17:15 - Dec 1 by Chondzoresk

Family Xmas day, Trad Xmas dinner…with grandchildren. Boxing Day…..exactly the same with our grandchildren. Can’t wait. Happy to be alive! Happy Xmas all!

Most people just have roast spuds and gravy with the Christmas dinner. Having your grandchildren is, well, weird.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So now it's December on 20:13 - Dec 1 with 1129 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Just put the tree up and outside lights as having the grandson over this weekend on account of him being away for three weeks from December 10th. He's only two and a half and obviously wont have remembered last year so we're hopefully going to make some nice memories for him.
Find Christmas pretty stressful usually, but as there will only be four of us this year, actually quite looking forward to it for once. Added bonus of a home game boxing day and a pre match lunch and beer with the lad will hopefully round things off nicely.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

So now it's December on 21:23 - Dec 1 with 1082 viewsHARRY10

So now it's December on 16:52 - Dec 1 by BarcaBlue

I've been doing up a house in the Catalan Pyrenees since the Summer. Plan was to be renting it out starting this month but been let down by builders and suppliers so won't be ready for paying guests til mid-January. So all the family will meet up here and my granddaughter gets her first Christmas surrounded by the snow. Can't wait.

Yorkshire puddings the centrepiece of Christmas dinner as they should be.

yes, just as ferrero rocher should be sat on top of the Xmas pud
So now it's December on 21:43 - Dec 1 with 1063 viewsBarcaBlue

So now it's December on 21:23 - Dec 1 by HARRY10

yes, just as ferrero rocher should be sat on top of the Xmas pud

Nobody really enjoys Christmas Pudding, mulled wine or anything infused with cloves, cinnamon or related Xmas spices so that's a moot point. I've never met anyone objecting to Yorkshire puddings.
So now it's December on 07:19 - Dec 2 with 962 viewsChalonerC

Just got back from seeing my 1st grand daughter in Lisbon, 8 weeks old aaah! We have 15 family members coming over so my lady & I are evacuating house and staying in local airbnb and returning as guests to Xmad lunch!!

OldGaffer

So now it's December on 09:03 - Dec 2 with 909 viewsbluelagos

So now it's December on 16:17 - Dec 1 by ArnoldMoorhen

I don't know what happened- the last line should obviously have read:

"I reckon your Christmas list needs to incorporate some elasticated trousers with pictures of cats wearing Father Christmas hats on them!"

Merry Christmases Lagos!

We will almost certainly have some Ukrainians with us by then. The scheme is in disarray up here in Scotland and we went months without anything, so we went via our MSP and suddenly the Council got very responsive again. Hopefully soon. I may bend your ear at some point for advice...

Good man.

For sure, pm always open. Not sure I can add a lot but happy to share what I know, espedially around priorities for admin etc.

How you get along will I guess very much depend on the individuals, their needs and what is available to them. Schooling is probably the most important thing and of course so much depends on the local school. Have heard very mixed expereinces from the Umrainians I've spoken too...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024