Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
University Research on the Qatar World Cup 06:53 - Jan 2 with 719 viewstheacademic1

Dear All,

Happy new year. I am involved in a university research project looking at the recent World Cup in Qatar and whether this was a highly unusual tournament, unlikely to be repeated, or the start of future World Cups loaded with political and social issues. To answer this, we have created a short survey that I hope you can spare a few minutes to share your views:

https://teesside.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/the-qatar-world-cup-and-the-new-politics-of

Thanks in advance for your time.
University Research on the Qatar World Cup on 08:50 - Jan 2 with 600 viewsGuthrum

Done.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

University Research on the Qatar World Cup on 09:24 - Jan 2 with 555 viewsDarth_Koont

Done.

Interesting. Although I don't think the fans' attitudes have much (if anything) to do with this. The decisions themselves are taken at a higher, more commercial and more political level already.

Pronouns: He/Him

University Research on the Qatar World Cup on 09:40 - Jan 2 with 524 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Would just add that this was not the first controversial WC. ‘78 saw FIFA take it to Argentina who’s junta regime murdered thousands of political opponents and dissenters.
University Research on the Qatar World Cup on 09:45 - Jan 2 with 494 viewslowhouseblue

University Research on the Qatar World Cup on 09:40 - Jan 2 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Would just add that this was not the first controversial WC. ‘78 saw FIFA take it to Argentina who’s junta regime murdered thousands of political opponents and dissenters.

and russia in 2018 was hardly uncontroversial. crimea, racism, human rights abuses, lgbt discrimination, international thuggery and corruption.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

University Research on the Qatar World Cup on 09:52 - Jan 2 with 485 viewsbluelagos

University Research on the Qatar World Cup on 09:40 - Jan 2 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Mussolini might have got there first 😳

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

University Research on the Qatar World Cup on 09:54 - Jan 2 with 482 viewsCrawfordsboot

Done.
Interesting questions that got the grey matter going this morning
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024