Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton vs Plymouth in the league today 08:02 - Jan 7 with 1872 viewsITFCed

Big game, will be interesting to see the result as both teams will look different to their last games

Poll: Who was the player of the tournament in your opinion?

Bolton vs Plymouth in the league today on 09:03 - Jan 7 with 1688 viewsDarth_Koont

This is potentially a massive game for our season. And I’m almost tempted to watch this game rather than follow ours. Almost.

A draw or a Bolton win would be great. I don’t fancy Plymouth coming to us 9 points ahead even if we would have a game in hand. Then it becomes a bit make or break for us to win the game if we want to finish above Plymouth. If they and one of the automatic spots drift out of reach (even if it just feels like that) our odds of promotion start to lengthen dramatically.

In a fight for the remaining automatic position, I don’t have much confidence in us being the side who keeps it together best and keeps digging out results. We have a fantastic ceiling and ambition (and so much of what McKenna is building will stand us in great stead in the Championship) but we aren’t a ruthless side like many automatic promotion teams.

Pronouns: He/Him

Bolton vs Plymouth in the league today on 09:15 - Jan 7 with 1614 viewsChrisd

Fingers crossed for a Bolton win.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Bolton vs Plymouth in the league today on 09:20 - Jan 7 with 1588 viewsStewart27

Bolton vs Plymouth in the league today on 09:03 - Jan 7 by Darth_Koont

This is potentially a massive game for our season. And I’m almost tempted to watch this game rather than follow ours. Almost.

A draw or a Bolton win would be great. I don’t fancy Plymouth coming to us 9 points ahead even if we would have a game in hand. Then it becomes a bit make or break for us to win the game if we want to finish above Plymouth. If they and one of the automatic spots drift out of reach (even if it just feels like that) our odds of promotion start to lengthen dramatically.

In a fight for the remaining automatic position, I don’t have much confidence in us being the side who keeps it together best and keeps digging out results. We have a fantastic ceiling and ambition (and so much of what McKenna is building will stand us in great stead in the Championship) but we aren’t a ruthless side like many automatic promotion teams.

Great post.

If you factor in style of play, possession stats, time during the game when we are actually under the cosh then I think it’s clear that we are the best team in the league. I get that it’s subjective though. I don’t think this is arrogance because it may not be enough to get us out of this division which is the primary target. I look at the way Plymouth play and they also have an identity and it is impactful. Whenever I’ve seen Wednesday I don’t feel that because everything seems to go thorough Bannan. Maybe also because their ground is always so empty and the fans are on their backs all the time.

However, they are top 2. If we stick to the script. If we get promotion Playing our way then I think we’ll really see the benefits in the championship.

But to be 9 behind Plymouth next week would be a real challenge.
Bolton vs Plymouth in the league today on 09:22 - Jan 7 with 1568 viewsDubtractor

Bolton vs Plymouth in the league today on 09:15 - Jan 7 by Chrisd

Fingers crossed for a Bolton win.

Plus a couple of red cards, and maybe a minor but persistent injury or 2.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Bolton vs Plymouth in the league today on 09:28 - Jan 7 with 1515 viewsChrisd

Bolton vs Plymouth in the league today on 09:20 - Jan 7 by Stewart27

Great post.

If you factor in style of play, possession stats, time during the game when we are actually under the cosh then I think it’s clear that we are the best team in the league. I get that it’s subjective though. I don’t think this is arrogance because it may not be enough to get us out of this division which is the primary target. I look at the way Plymouth play and they also have an identity and it is impactful. Whenever I’ve seen Wednesday I don’t feel that because everything seems to go thorough Bannan. Maybe also because their ground is always so empty and the fans are on their backs all the time.

However, they are top 2. If we stick to the script. If we get promotion Playing our way then I think we’ll really see the benefits in the championship.

But to be 9 behind Plymouth next week would be a real challenge.

All those stats in our favour makes great reading and shows the good work that KM, his coaching staff and the players have achieved over the last 12+ months. Nevertheless, if we end up finishing outside the top 2 and then miss out on promotion via the play offs, then those stats really are quite meaningless. The best sides will finish top 2 come May - stats in their favour or not - for me, it’s getting that balance right.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 9:30]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Bolton vs Plymouth in the league today on 11:15 - Jan 7 with 1167 viewsLankHenners

A Bolton win today and a victory for us against Plymouth next week puts us 3 points behind with a game in hand going into a run of games against largely utter dross.

Not too confident it'll all work out in our favour like that but there's a decent chance we come out of the next few weeks looking very healthy again.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Bolton vs Plymouth in the league today on 11:48 - Jan 7 with 1033 viewsDarth_Koont

Bolton vs Plymouth in the league today on 11:15 - Jan 7 by LankHenners

A Bolton win today and a victory for us against Plymouth next week puts us 3 points behind with a game in hand going into a run of games against largely utter dross.

Not too confident it'll all work out in our favour like that but there's a decent chance we come out of the next few weeks looking very healthy again.

Agreed.

It could easily work that way but a pivotal week for us given the two extremes: still with a game in hand, but it could be anywhere from 3 points behind to 12 points behind after the Plymouth game. 😱

Pronouns: He/Him

Bolton vs Plymouth in the league today on 15:56 - Jan 7 with 693 viewsSawtrich

Half time 0-0

2 shots from Bolton, 1 from Plymouth, none on target
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024