Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
8 changes, but the football we play didn't miss a beat 17:14 - Jan 7 with 949 viewsDubtractor

We've seen so many times over the years, that making a load of changes in a cup game can lead to a scrappy and disjointed performance, but there was none of that today was there?

We were good with and without the ball (Keogh penalty shocker aside), and despite that brief wobble with the equaliser the result was never really in doubt was it?

If the rumoured signings give us that little bit extra in the final third we'll be tough to stop over the rest of the season. They'll have watched that and fancied themselves to do the business with the way we dominate games.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

8 changes, but the football we play didn't miss a beat on 17:16 - Jan 7 with 901 viewsOldsmoker

Walton didn't look his usual self today.
It seemed like he was a different player.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

8 changes, but the football we play didn't miss a beat on 17:18 - Jan 7 with 874 viewsStrimmer

100% very pleasing and impressive to see how McKenna has created a cohesive squad here.

Also and it might be my imagination but were we a little quicker to shoot and cross today? Maybe a minor change in directive from mck

Poll: Was it a punch?

8 changes, but the football we play didn't miss a beat on 17:19 - Jan 7 with 864 viewshomer_123

I really hope KM doesn't change how we play or approach games. by homer_123 2 Jan 2023 18:05
We get so much right.

On and off the ball we are very good. We use the ball intelligently. There's loads of movement off the ball, players are encouraged to play and express themselves.

We have an identity and style of play that we have not seen at PR for years.

We create plenty of good goal scoring opportunities and defensively we are solid and I love that we play out and build from the back.

We have an issue of conversion at the moment and although over the season so far we have scored plenty...we are wasteful in front of goal at times.

The worry for me is if KM tries to shore us up defensively or alter how we play, we may well create less and right now that will definitely mean fewer goals. As our conversion is a little poor.

So, we change nothing. How we play works...we should not touch that at all.

If we can be more effective taking our chances, we'll be fine. I certainly don't want to see any players come in that don't improve on what we have.

Keep the faith...its working even if the festive period has been poor points wise.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

8 changes, but the football we play didn't miss a beat on 17:21 - Jan 7 with 832 viewsibbleobble

Good point. Thought we played with a maturity again today. Rotherham are a shadow of the side we’ve played in recent seasons but we dominated throughout and looked completely comfortable…Keogh aside.
8 changes, but the football we play didn't miss a beat on 17:26 - Jan 7 with 800 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

A really enjoyable afternoon's work. Still not sure what Keogh was thinking, aside from that, straightforward and sweet - we looked the Championship side today. Excited to read about Hirst and Broadhead on the way home too. Wembley here we come.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Hear hear Dubster it was such a sign of a well run team and a great display on 17:32 - Jan 7 with 757 viewsunstableblue

We had probably 4 Plymouth starters on the pitch and yet we dominated a Championship team’s best 11.

It’s such a healthy state for the club to be in.

Just how good was Humphreys?? Can you drop him after that.

But one thing Harness and Burns looked very very sharp. The latter unplayable. If he plays like that Saturday… it’s going to be a massive plus.

Davis looked good.

And kudos to KVY… I wonder if he offers more than Donacien??

But that was a real moral boost ahead of Saturday and I loved it !!!

We’ve got our club back

And we’re in the 4.th round of the FA cup

Dark days are over my blue brothers and sisters!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

8 changes, but the football we play didn't miss a beat on 17:44 - Jan 7 with 672 viewsfarkenhell

8 changes, but the football we play didn't miss a beat on 17:16 - Jan 7 by Oldsmoker

Walton didn't look his usual self today.
It seemed like he was a different player.

Seems to have lost some height.

Also, Morsy just gets younger and younger. And he's had a shave.
Hear hear Dubster it was such a sign of a well run team and a great display on 17:49 - Jan 7 with 625 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Hear hear Dubster it was such a sign of a well run team and a great display on 17:32 - Jan 7 by unstableblue

We had probably 4 Plymouth starters on the pitch and yet we dominated a Championship team’s best 11.

It’s such a healthy state for the club to be in.

But one thing Harness and Burns looked very very sharp. The latter unplayable. If he plays like that Saturday… it’s going to be a massive plus.

Davis looked good.

And kudos to KVY… I wonder if he offers more than Donacien??

But that was a real moral boost ahead of Saturday and I loved it !!!

We’ve got our club back

And we’re in the 4.th round of the FA cup

Dark days are over my blue brothers and sisters!!

Yes, you can. He will be used sparingly this season. Morsy will return and, provided Evans is available he will be alongside him. It is great to have Humphreys there for when either is missing and for him to be getting a good number of matches as he comes through. Great for our academy and our first team to see Woolfenden and now Humphreys too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024