Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham forum 11:50 - Jan 8 with 1855 viewsBlueNomad

Two dodgy penalties apparently…….
Rotherham forum on 11:52 - Jan 8 with 1803 viewsWickets

Seen them not given !
Rotherham forum on 11:56 - Jan 8 with 1754 viewsxrayspecs

Second one looked soft and possibly outside the area.

The first was a clear penalty albeit not all refs apply the rules correctly and let teams get away with shirt pulling.
Rotherham forum on 12:02 - Jan 8 with 1684 viewsjayessess

They've got a point sort of.

First one was a penalty, but like KVY's last week, of the sort you never see given.
Second one, the contact looked marginally outside the box, so a bit fortunate for us.

Reading various Rotherham reactions to the game (fans/manager/players) the thing that really struck me was that they seemed to think they'd competed well in the first half, but they easily could've gone in further behind. If that's their bar for "competing well" against a team in a lower division, they're going to be relegated by March.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Rotherham forum on 12:07 - Jan 8 with 1655 viewsBigCommon

They are going through a "poor us" stage..Not a lot going their way lately. Thought they looked poor yesterday. The pens were not the difference in that match.. Both were penalties by the letter of the law. Some refs give them. Some don't. As we know too well.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 13:21]
Rotherham forum on 12:10 - Jan 8 with 1617 viewsnorfsufblue

Team undone by apparently competent referee shock!
Rotherham forum on 12:11 - Jan 8 with 1598 viewsLankHenners

Not sure they were that dodgy and even if they were we comfortably outplayed them and the score line didn’t flatter us one bit.

The first one was maybe marginal but Ladapo’s being grappled to an extent where he can’t move which should be a pen most times that happens and we should have had a few like that this season already.

I’m surprised about the debate on the second, not seen it back but from my view in real it was comfortably inside the box. Maybe it wasn’t worth complaining about by that point but Rotherham’s players didn’t make a fuss which is a clue.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Rotherham forum on 12:13 - Jan 8 with 1584 viewsDanTheMan

The second one I thought was outside the area but that was just a cherry on top.

The first one I thought was probably a penalty.

Either way, they were pretty crap and had nothing outside of a gifted penalty.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Rotherham forum on 12:15 - Jan 8 with 1563 viewsclive_baker

Did think the 2nd was outside the box when the first foul took place. Not sure there can be much argument over the first, or indeed the result. We were much the better side.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham forum on 12:20 - Jan 8 with 1510 viewsGeoffSentence

Both were fouls without a doubt.

The first one is exactly the sort of thing that we never get given, but really they should be given.

The second one, does look just outside the box.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Rotherham forum on 12:44 - Jan 8 with 1382 viewsBluebell

We got 2 goals which weren’t penalties so would have beaten them anyway!
[Redacted] on 13:13 - Jan 8 with 1209 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Rotherham forum on 13:42 - Jan 8 with 1018 viewsIpswichKnight

First is a foul every time outside the penalty area and it’s definitely the type of penalty that get given against us. 2nd looks close to the line on the TV, the ref looks like he has a much better view of where the line is, also clever from KVY who lets the ball run in front of him and invites the challenge.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024