Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One Game at a Time match preview on Pasoti 13:44 - Jan 10 with 2944 viewspafcprogs

As promised, a link to the second match preview for the divisions game of the season, so far.

It's just a bit of fun....

Obv. it covers the transfer windows of the respective teams, some history on how bad we are at Portman Road and some other bits...

See you on Saturday

pafcprogs

https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/one-game-at-a-time-spendthrift-town-a-january-14th.
One Game at a Time match preview on Pasoti on 14:03 - Jan 10 with 2813 viewsvilanovablue

A decent write up, cheers for sharing.
One Game at a Time match preview on Pasoti on 14:37 - Jan 10 with 2682 viewsNthQldITFC

'Saudi Arabian Barcode XI'

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

One Game at a Time match preview on Pasoti on 14:45 - Jan 10 with 2643 viewsunstableblue

Enjoyed that somewhat biased, if also pretty accurate, tome.

May the best team win.

PS - some nice TWTD forum plagiarism in there to boot?:

'Striker: Hirst, Ladapo, Ahadme (Jackson)

Inside left: Broadhead, Harness, Edwards

Inside right: Chaplin, Aluko, Jackson

Right-wing: Burns (Jackson, Edwards)

Plus John Jules (on loan and injured) and Piggott (loaned out at Pompey).'

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

One Game at a Time match preview on Pasoti on 14:46 - Jan 10 with 2644 viewsSteve_M

I'm still not sure how you made such a mess of the match in 2004, utterly comfortable until our second. Even then it was probably only the number of times we overcame deficits under Royle that led to the win. Once that side had momentum they were very hard to stop.

The match Mariner won was pretty dire, but you deserved it and did Jamie Mackie was very good.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 14:53]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

One Game at a Time match preview on Pasoti on 14:57 - Jan 10 with 2563 viewsSamWhiteUK

Not a bad read. This bit had me confused though:

"Striker: Hirst, Ladapo, Ahadme (Jackson)

Plus John Jules (on loan and injured) and Piggott (loaned out at Pompey).

Anyway, I am sure the dressing room will be just fine with the broad grin of Ladapo as he greets the two players that appear to be able to play his role arriving. Just the FA Cup winners medal then this season, Freddie."

Only one of the players you've included to take Ladapo's position is a new arrival. I assume you meant to put Broadhead in there as well (or would have done, if it wasn't a copy-paste from on here)
One Game at a Time match preview on Pasoti on 14:58 - Jan 10 with 2556 viewsChondzoresk

Excellent stuff. You seem to know more about our football club than some of our own fans!
One Game at a Time match preview on Pasoti on 14:58 - Jan 10 with 2555 viewspafcprogs

One Game at a Time match preview on Pasoti on 14:45 - Jan 10 by unstableblue

Enjoyed that somewhat biased, if also pretty accurate, tome.

May the best team win.

PS - some nice TWTD forum plagiarism in there to boot?:

'Striker: Hirst, Ladapo, Ahadme (Jackson)

Plus John Jules (on loan and injured) and Piggott (loaned out at Pompey).'

Come on. I changed the font on that bit
One Game at a Time match preview on Pasoti on 15:23 - Jan 10 with 2450 viewsiamatractorboy

Just a small point, it says we have lost 5 times in the playoffs at championship level. I'm afraid it's worse than that, think it's seven times if my maths is right.
Login to get fewer ads

One Game at a Time match preview on Pasoti on 16:53 - Jan 10 with 2232 viewspafcprogs

One Game at a Time match preview on Pasoti on 15:23 - Jan 10 by iamatractorboy

Just a small point, it says we have lost 5 times in the playoffs at championship level. I'm afraid it's worse than that, think it's seven times if my maths is right.

Oh dear...I fear you a re correct....I have amended....

and added a credit for the TWTD striker grid :)
One Game at a Time match preview on Pasoti on 17:09 - Jan 10 with 2164 viewsBluespeed225

One Game at a Time match preview on Pasoti on 14:46 - Jan 10 by Steve_M

I'm still not sure how you made such a mess of the match in 2004, utterly comfortable until our second. Even then it was probably only the number of times we overcame deficits under Royle that led to the win. Once that side had momentum they were very hard to stop.

The match Mariner won was pretty dire, but you deserved it and did Jamie Mackie was very good.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 14:53]

The best thing about the Mariner match was how much it peed of Keane that people in the building all wanted to speak to him and Keane was largely ignored, and that the ground couldn’t wait to show their appreciation when he came out! Town fans were almost willing a Plymouth win!
One Game at a Time match preview on Pasoti on 17:12 - Jan 10 with 2133 viewsPhilTWTD

One Game at a Time match preview on Pasoti on 17:09 - Jan 10 by Bluespeed225

The best thing about the Mariner match was how much it peed of Keane that people in the building all wanted to speak to him and Keane was largely ignored, and that the ground couldn’t wait to show their appreciation when he came out! Town fans were almost willing a Plymouth win!

Indeed, I remember it well!

Keane Hits Out at Mariner 26th Mar 2010 08:51
Roy Keane has launched a surprising attack on Town legend Paul Mariner for failing to join him for a drink after Tuesday’s 2-0 defeat to Plymouth. Keane always makes a point of meeting up with opposition managers after matches and has previously spoken out against bosses who haven’t bothered with the convention. 62

Mariner Apologises to Keane 28th Mar 2010 19:44
Town legend Paul Mariner has apologised for failing to join Blues boss Roy Keane for a drink after his Plymouth side’s 2-0 victory at Portman Road last Tuesday. On Thursday, Keane hit out at Mariner for missing the traditional post-match meet-up. 30

One Game at a Time match preview on Pasoti on 21:04 - Jan 10 with 1774 viewsPique

One Game at a Time match preview on Pasoti on 17:12 - Jan 10 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, I remember it well!

Keane Hits Out at Mariner 26th Mar 2010 08:51
Roy Keane has launched a surprising attack on Town legend Paul Mariner for failing to join him for a drink after Tuesday’s 2-0 defeat to Plymouth. Keane always makes a point of meeting up with opposition managers after matches and has previously spoken out against bosses who haven’t bothered with the convention. 62

Mariner Apologises to Keane 28th Mar 2010 19:44
Town legend Paul Mariner has apologised for failing to join Blues boss Roy Keane for a drink after his Plymouth side’s 2-0 victory at Portman Road last Tuesday. On Thursday, Keane hit out at Mariner for missing the traditional post-match meet-up. 30

He really didn't help himself, did he?
One Game at a Time match preview on Pasoti on 21:13 - Jan 10 with 1719 viewsPhilTWTD

One Game at a Time match preview on Pasoti on 21:04 - Jan 10 by Pique

He really didn't help himself, did he?

Certainly not on that occasion, there was general bewilderment in the pressroom.
One Game at a Time match preview on Pasoti on 22:49 - Jan 10 with 1470 viewsPinewoodblue

One Game at a Time match preview on Pasoti on 16:53 - Jan 10 by pafcprogs

Oh dear...I fear you a re correct....I have amended....

and added a credit for the TWTD striker grid :)

On the subject of Edits you might like to change the date Town were elected to the Football League to May 1938.

Enjoyed you pre match report.....not bad for a Janner.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

One Game at a Time match preview on Pasoti on 08:43 - Jan 11 with 1100 viewspafcprogs

One Game at a Time match preview on Pasoti on 22:49 - Jan 10 by Pinewoodblue

On the subject of Edits you might like to change the date Town were elected to the Football League to May 1938.

Enjoyed you pre match report.....not bad for a Janner.

Doh! Of course you were....first game was 50/1...thanks and amended.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024