Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top Two 11:23 - Jan 16 with 2506 viewsIpswichRising

We have now dropped 7 points from winning positions against the top 2 teams in the league and heaven knows how many against the rest of the league, we have got to learn to see games out (is it a lack of concentration?) otherwise we are going to lose out on automatic promotion and go through the lottery of the play offs. FFS COYBS
Top Two on 11:38 - Jan 16 with 2413 viewsGuthrum

We've dropped 8 points from winning positions against teams other than Plymouth and Wednesday, but gained 6 points from losing positions. However, we've only gone behind in 23% of games overall. In 35% of matches, the opposition has failed to score at all.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Top Two on 11:54 - Jan 16 with 2319 viewsFrimleyBlue

Top Two on 11:38 - Jan 16 by Guthrum

We've dropped 8 points from winning positions against teams other than Plymouth and Wednesday, but gained 6 points from losing positions. However, we've only gone behind in 23% of games overall. In 35% of matches, the opposition has failed to score at all.

But more importantly and annoyingly. We've only taken 15 points from the last 30 available.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Top Two on 11:55 - Jan 16 with 2312 viewsblueasfook

Compared to other teams in the top 3 who seem to manage to hang on to winning positions.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Top Two on 12:00 - Jan 16 with 2270 viewsVegtablue

I feel this is definitely where our problems lie. In 58% of matches, the opposition has failed to score at all against Wednesday. They have also only gone behind in 23% of games overall. It's difficult to talk about problems because we're having a superb season relative to what we're used to. Alas automatics demand more than doing better than 85% of the league and we have to become better if we are to mount a challenge on top 2 now.
Top Two on 12:05 - Jan 16 with 2230 viewsGuthrum

Top Two on 11:54 - Jan 16 by FrimleyBlue

But more importantly and annoyingly. We've only taken 15 points from the last 30 available.

That is more of an issue than the specific time at which goals are scored. But is more encouraging, in that is a particular phase (during which there were injury and illness problems, however much people don't want to acknowlege that), and thus something which can be moved out of, rather than a structural problem being harder to solve.

Top Two on 12:09 - Jan 16 with 2221 viewsGuthrum

Top Two on 11:55 - Jan 16 by blueasfook

Compared to other teams in the top 3 who seem to manage to hang on to winning positions.

Wednesday have only won one more game than ourselves, Plymouth three. We've all lost the same number. Margins are pretty fine, really. The main advantage Plymouth have is their overpowering strength at home.

Top Two on 12:25 - Jan 16 with 2126 viewsCuffy81

Top Two on 12:09 - Jan 16 by Guthrum

Wednesday have only won one more game than ourselves, Plymouth three. We've all lost the same number. Margins are pretty fine, really. The main advantage Plymouth have is their overpowering strength at home.

Spot on

Drawing against Fleetwood & Cheltenham & losing to Lincoln is going to cost us dear I fear
Top Two on 12:38 - Jan 16 with 2057 viewsWeirdFishes

Top Two on 12:25 - Jan 16 by Cuffy81

Spot on

Drawing against Fleetwood & Cheltenham & losing to Lincoln is going to cost us dear I fear

If we miss out by 1/2 points there’s going to be so many matches we look at and think if we could have held out.

Wednesday
Charlton
Fleetwood
Lincoln x2
Plymouth at home

That’s 13 points just there we’ve not collected after getting ourselves in a position where we should have or just should have had enough (Lincoln at home).

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Top Two on 12:57 - Jan 16 with 1957 viewsCuffy81

Top Two on 12:38 - Jan 16 by WeirdFishes

If we miss out by 1/2 points there’s going to be so many matches we look at and think if we could have held out.

Wednesday
Charlton
Fleetwood
Lincoln x2
Plymouth at home

That’s 13 points just there we’ve not collected after getting ourselves in a position where we should have or just should have had enough (Lincoln at home).

I don't disagree that there are more matches to look at, but ultimately if someone asked you before that start of the season of we were going to get two points from those 3 home games your chances of top 2 are greatly reduced
[Post edited 16 Jan 2023 12:58]
Top Two on 17:54 - Jan 16 with 1625 viewsWestSussexBlue

Nothing like stating the obvious.
Top Two on 18:40 - Jan 16 with 1550 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Top Two on 17:54 - Jan 16 by WestSussexBlue

Nothing like stating the obvious.

Indeed plenty of these threads since Saturday yet what is the answer. We can only hope that K Mc addresses the issue. In KMc we trust!
Top Two on 18:50 - Jan 16 with 1528 viewsBlueBadger

Top Two on 11:54 - Jan 16 by FrimleyBlue

So, we're averaging 2 points a game which is generally sufficient for promotion form?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Top Two on 19:10 - Jan 16 with 1485 viewsFrimleyBlue

Top Two on 18:50 - Jan 16 by BlueBadger

So, we're averaging 2 points a game which is generally sufficient for promotion form?

No. Because as shown, it's not been enough. No matter how you try to fluff it up.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Top Two on 19:16 - Jan 16 with 1470 viewsCanterburyBlue

yes i agree its concerinng on paper but worth remembering that Wednesdays 'equaliser' was an absolute mile offside but the terrified lino who had objects thrown at him all the way through the game (to the point where they players nearly came off) basically didn't dare raise his flag. I have never seen officials so scared...

Im not sure we've had the rub of the green particularly. Lets see if it evens itself up. I can't remember many undeserved points this season but I can recall several where I came away laughing in disbelief at how we didn't win...

Keep the faith.
Top Two on 21:33 - Jan 16 with 1315 viewsWestSussexBlue

Top Two on 12:25 - Jan 16 by Cuffy81

Spot on

Somewhere we’re going to grab a 96th minute winner and even these out🤞
Top Two on 00:59 - Jan 17 with 1197 viewspointofblue

Top Two on 18:50 - Jan 16 by BlueBadger

15 points from ten games is not two points per game.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Top Two on 07:59 - Jan 17 with 995 viewsCityBlue

lets be honest in any appraisal. The top two are not the top two based upon them being the better teams but more a case of we have right royally screwed up some games else we would be four or five points clear.
Not finishing our chances, not clearing our lines, not having the gumption to keep a lead.

I T I D

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024