Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ken Bruce is off 11:59 - Jan 17 with 3745 viewsSitfcB

[Post edited 17 Jan 2023 12:03]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ken Bruce is off on 12:01 - Jan 17 with 3117 viewsKeno

I got confused and thought and Steve have been sacked

then I realised he isnt in a job anyway, tho knowing him he could get sacked from being unemployed

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Ken Bruce is off on 12:03 - Jan 17 with 3086 viewsIllinoisblue

Free transfer to Radio Orwell?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Ken Bruce is off on 12:04 - Jan 17 with 3058 viewsJ2BLUE

2.5 hours a day, 5 days a week?

Sign me up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ken Bruce is off on 12:07 - Jan 17 with 3031 viewshatch

As someone in my early 30s I’ve only got into Ken Bruce in recent years (since lockdown started really). I feel like I’ve missed the glory years but I make sure to tune in for Popmaster whenever I can despite realising I need a music knowledge of someone 20 years older than me.

I wonder how they replace his iconic morning voice paired with a cup of a coffee as I start my day.
Ken Bruce is off on 12:08 - Jan 17 with 3012 viewsSitfcB

Ken Bruce is off on 12:03 - Jan 17 by Illinoisblue

Greatest Hits!

COYB

Ken Bruce is off on 13:23 - Jan 17 with 2620 viewsChrisd

Time for Gary Davies to step in permanently, although hasn't Spoony been covering in Ken's absence more recently?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2023 13:27]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Ken Bruce is off on 13:27 - Jan 17 with 2598 viewsZx1988

Ken Bruce is off on 13:23 - Jan 17 by Chrisd

Time for Gary Davies to step in permanently, although hasn't Spoony been covering in Ken's absence more recently?

Thank God that Scott Mills is otherwise engaged with his new afternoon show...

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Ken Bruce is off on 15:25 - Jan 17 with 2368 viewsDJR

Ken Bruce is off on 12:08 - Jan 17 by SitfcB

Greatest Hits!

They are obviously hoping to take listeners from Radio 2, and I imagine he is being paid a small fortune.
Login to get fewer ads

Ken Bruce is off on 15:28 - Jan 17 with 2359 viewsZx1988

Ken Bruce is off on 15:25 - Jan 17 by DJR

They are obviously hoping to take listeners from Radio 2, and I imagine he is being paid a small fortune.

Given the popularity of Popmaster, it would seem to be a clever decision.

No doubt the song played between the two rounds would be replaced by advertising - just imagine the value of that particular slot, given the likely listener figures...

Ken Bruce is off on 15:28 - Jan 17 with 2353 viewsDJR

I think the best DJ on Radio 2 is Johnnie Walker. From recollection, he has stood in for Terry Wogan in the past and his own unique brand of humour.

But I imagine he would be regarded as too old, and he may not want it anyway given that he has had health issues in the past.
Ken Bruce is off on 15:32 - Jan 17 with 2333 viewsZx1988

I caught the tail end of his announcement in the car this morning, in particular the bit about him wanting to take a new opportunity, and continue his career in 'a slightly different way', followed by the announcement that he seems to be moving to Greatest Hits Radio to do precisely the same thing.

I've no objection to people following the money - I certainly would if given the option - but just say it as it is, rather than dressing it up as something else.

Ken Bruce is off on 15:44 - Jan 17 with 2286 viewsNthQldITFC

Ooh!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Ken Bruce is off on 16:18 - Jan 17 with 2199 viewsHARRY10

Ken Bruce is off on 15:32 - Jan 17 by Zx1988

I caught the tail end of his announcement in the car this morning, in particular the bit about him wanting to take a new opportunity, and continue his career in 'a slightly different way', followed by the announcement that he seems to be moving to Greatest Hits Radio to do precisely the same thing.

I've no objection to people following the money - I certainly would if given the option - but just say it as it is, rather than dressing it up as something else.

If recent departures from Radio 2 any indication the decision to end his time there was not his

No doubt he will be replaced by yet another 'northern bird,' who between mispronouncing words will be regaling us with a stream of vacuous inconsequental gibberish

My view is Radio 2 is targettng a very narrow demographic, those recently weaned off Radio and is ignoring, those 40 plus.
Ken Bruce is off on 16:19 - Jan 17 with 2194 viewsZx1988

Ken Bruce is off on 16:18 - Jan 17 by HARRY10

If recent departures from Radio 2 any indication the decision to end his time there was not his

No doubt he will be replaced by yet another 'northern bird,' who between mispronouncing words will be regaling us with a stream of vacuous inconsequental gibberish

My view is Radio 2 is targettng a very narrow demographic, those recently weaned off Radio and is ignoring, those 40 plus.

You make an interesting point. I did think he almost seemed too keen to stress that the decision had been his and his alone.

Rather than him having been told to leave, I suppose the terms offered on a new contract may well have been much lower than he would expect/deserve.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2023 16:21]

Ken Bruce is off on 16:21 - Jan 17 with 2188 viewsDJR

It's certainly not cutting edge or breaking new boundaries.

Bland Radio FM?
Ken Bruce is off on 16:48 - Jan 17 with 2117 viewsMeadowlark

Does anyone listen to Radio 2?

I know that some people do of course, But numbers must be falling.
Ken Bruce is off on 16:52 - Jan 17 with 2097 viewsbrazil1982

I like Ken Bruce but I haven't listed for a while, being in a new office with no radio. However, the music in general on R2 is now really poor - if it's not Take That it's Olly Murs.

I like Trevor Nelson's show.
Ken Bruce is off on 16:59 - Jan 17 with 2067 viewsTractor_Buck

Ken Bruce is off on 16:48 - Jan 17 by Meadowlark

14.462 million according to the last listener survey, down from 14.56 million in the same time period of the previous year. It's still the most listened to station in the UK.

GHR has a little over 4 million, but it's not as 'universally' available as R2. It'll be interesting to see what effect KB's departure has but it takes 12-18 months for such effects to be seen.
Ken Bruce is off on 18:01 - Jan 17 with 1959 viewsfactual_blue

It hasn't been him for a dozen years or so. It's Rob Brydon.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ken Bruce is off on 18:28 - Jan 17 with 1877 viewsSitfcB

Very Ronaldo going to Saudi Arabia isn’t it…

COYB

Ken Bruce is off on 18:58 - Jan 17 with 1806 viewsmylittletown

Ken Bruce is off on 16:18 - Jan 17 by HARRY10

Agreed. During 6 hours in the car today, I tried to find a decent radio station for someone who likes a wide range of music from any time in the last 60 years,
I failed. They all appear to be for very narrow subject matter and/or demographic.
Ant recommendations welcome
Ken Bruce is off on 19:25 - Jan 17 with 1767 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ken Bruce is off on 16:59 - Jan 17 by Tractor_Buck

14.462 million according to the last listener survey, down from 14.56 million in the same time period of the previous year. It's still the most listened to station in the UK.

GHR has a little over 4 million, but it's not as 'universally' available as R2. It'll be interesting to see what effect KB's departure has but it takes 12-18 months for such effects to be seen.

He’s remarkably popular. I must be one of only a few people who can’t stand listening to him. Not that I listen to radio much in general.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ken Bruce is off on 20:02 - Jan 17 with 1705 viewsblueislander

Ken Bruce is off on 16:48 - Jan 17 by Meadowlark

Around 5 million a day on average I believe.
Ken Bruce is off on 22:54 - Jan 17 with 1581 viewsBury_St_Edmundson

Ken Bruce is off on 12:03 - Jan 17 by Illinoisblue

From the Country to the Coast?
Ken Bruce is off on 10:12 - Jan 18 with 1384 viewsDJR

Ken Bruce is off on 18:58 - Jan 17 by mylittletown

Agreed. During 6 hours in the car today, I tried to find a decent radio station for someone who likes a wide range of music from any time in the last 60 years,
I failed. They all appear to be for very narrow subject matter and/or demographic.
Ant recommendations welcome

6 Music has an eclectic mix of music, with presenters tending to favour a particular genre, eg Craig Charles and soul, Steve Lemacq and indie. They play old music that you don't tend to hear elsewhere, but the emphasis is on newer music that you don't hear elsewhere, so this may not fit the bill for you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024