Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke 20:28 - Jan 24 with 2007 viewsKeno

reminds me just a little bit of a very young Kevin Beattie

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 20:36 - Jan 24 with 1906 viewsDJR

It certainly looks like he may well be the best signing we've made, with the highest ceiling, since Gamechanger took over.

But we do have to bear in mind that it is only Morecambe.
I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 20:41 - Jan 24 with 1834 viewsLeoMuff

I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 20:36 - Jan 24 by DJR

It certainly looks like he may well be the best signing we've made, with the highest ceiling, since Gamechanger took over.

But we do have to bear in mind that it is only Morecambe.

Seen a few debuts that haven’t followed up with the future performances but he looks immense, got skills and pace of a winger, build of a centre half. Broadhead looks decent as well, calm composed link up, picking up good positions

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 20:46 - Jan 24 with 1756 viewsgreyhound

I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 20:41 - Jan 24 by LeoMuff

Seen a few debuts that haven’t followed up with the future performances but he looks immense, got skills and pace of a winger, build of a centre half. Broadhead looks decent as well, calm composed link up, picking up good positions

Broadhead has been really good, linking play up well, not scared to try something and seen him go deep when needed to give and find options.

Clarke looks future leader material.
I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 22:13 - Jan 24 with 1511 viewsAndrewRatcliffITFC

I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 20:41 - Jan 24 by LeoMuff

Good debuts that didn't follow on................Finidi George
I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 22:47 - Jan 24 with 1348 viewsYallop2

I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 22:13 - Jan 24 by AndrewRatcliffITFC

Grant Ward
I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 22:50 - Jan 24 with 1320 viewstextbackup

JD simply doesn’t get in ahead of him does he (if he carries on like that)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 22:53 - Jan 24 with 1285 viewssohamblue74

I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 22:13 - Jan 24 by AndrewRatcliffITFC

Mark Fish...
I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 22:53 - Jan 24 with 1281 viewsStrimmer

One of the best home debuts I can remember from Clarke that. Scintillating runs in that inside channel, love him

Poll: Was it a punch?

Login to get fewer ads

I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 22:54 - Jan 24 with 1274 viewsBigCommon

Aside from all the other compliments he's getting.. He did something really simple tonight that always lifts the supporters..He won a full blooded 50-50, fare and square on the halfway line. And left their man feeling rather sore on his back side...Love that.
I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 22:55 - Jan 24 with 1235 viewspointofblue

I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 22:53 - Jan 24 by sohamblue74

Mark Fish...

He said good debuts.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 22:56 - Jan 24 with 1225 viewsgreyhound

I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 22:55 - Jan 24 by pointofblue

He said good debuts.

Nabil abidallah
I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 22:56 - Jan 24 with 1203 viewspointofblue

I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 22:56 - Jan 24 by greyhound

Nabil abidallah

Ulrich Le Pen?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 22:57 - Jan 24 with 1193 viewsStrimmer

I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 22:54 - Jan 24 by BigCommon

Aside from all the other compliments he's getting.. He did something really simple tonight that always lifts the supporters..He won a full blooded 50-50, fare and square on the halfway line. And left their man feeling rather sore on his back side...Love that.

I remember that one, top lad

Poll: Was it a punch?

I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 23:31 - Jan 24 with 1024 viewsBloomBlue

He used the ball really well, but I have say I've been going to PR for over 60 years and I don't think I've ever seen a FB given that much space in the 1st half. I counted 4 times in a row within a few mins we started to play the ball out of the back on our left we then played it over to the right and Clarke stood there with no opposition player within 10 metres of him. Each time he was able to run into their half without any player moving towards him. Not taking anything away from his performance but he'll never have that much space in a 1st half ever
I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 23:32 - Jan 24 with 1011 viewsvilanovablue

I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 22:54 - Jan 24 by BigCommon

A beautiful booted clearance as well. Love that too.
I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 23:49 - Jan 24 with 962 viewsArnoldMoorhen

He reminded me of a mid career Gary Neville. Strong, determined, good reading of his team mates, able to be physical when necessary and also play a range of passes and crosses.

He looked better than Mings at the same age, in the same position.

BUT which manager was it who said that you should never judge a player on their debut, because the adrenaline either makes them over-perform or fall apart?

So, wait and see, but, I think we might have got a proper player (back) on our hands, here.
I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 00:17 - Jan 25 with 888 viewsclive_baker

I'm going to say this very quietly but Clarke on 23:31 - Jan 24 by BloomBlue

He used the ball really well, but I have say I've been going to PR for over 60 years and I don't think I've ever seen a FB given that much space in the 1st half. I counted 4 times in a row within a few mins we started to play the ball out of the back on our left we then played it over to the right and Clarke stood there with no opposition player within 10 metres of him. Each time he was able to run into their half without any player moving towards him. Not taking anything away from his performance but he'll never have that much space in a 1st half ever

Agree, he had it easy but he did well. As you say he’ll have much tougher tests than tonight. That early goal was vital, gave them nothing to protect and they didn’t have a lot about them when they tried to come out. 1 or 2 decent individual performances from Morecambe but they’re probably the worst I’ve seen at PR this season.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024