Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6 Nations 11:31 - Feb 3 with 3313 viewsclive_baker

Any other peanut huggers on here? I don't follow club rugby very closely but must admit I do love the internationals, especially 6 nations.

What do we think to England's chances under Borthwick?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

6 Nations on 11:34 - Feb 3 with 2037 viewsKeno

COYGS!!!!!!

Ireland, grand slam and World Cup!!

England will be interesting, depends if he sorts of the 9, 10, 12, 13 slots

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

6 Nations on 11:39 - Feb 3 with 2016 viewsclive_baker

6 Nations on 11:34 - Feb 3 by Keno

COYGS!!!!!!

Ireland, grand slam and World Cup!!

England will be interesting, depends if he sorts of the 9, 10, 12, 13 slots

Actually got my inlaws over from Ireland this weekend, so I'll be supporting the BIG against Wales with them and my wife for sure. Dyche's first game at Everton v Arsenal lunch time, Ireland v Wales, followed by England smashing Scotland, and of course a big game for Town in the mix too. Good afternoon / evening of sport tomorrow.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

6 Nations on 11:43 - Feb 3 with 1998 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

A decent judge in the industry has talked me into having £300 on No team to win the Grand Slam. The way the fixtures work out, it’s pretty much a case of it being Ireland yes or no. Can trade out if necessary halfway through and minimise damage should they beat the French

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

6 Nations on 11:43 - Feb 3 with 1994 viewsKeno

6 Nations on 11:39 - Feb 3 by clive_baker

Actually got my inlaws over from Ireland this weekend, so I'll be supporting the BIG against Wales with them and my wife for sure. Dyche's first game at Everton v Arsenal lunch time, Ireland v Wales, followed by England smashing Scotland, and of course a big game for Town in the mix too. Good afternoon / evening of sport tomorrow.

I think Everton Arsenal could get messy for Dyche

England Scotland could be interesting as the Scots will be very much up for it and England will be in transition

6 Nations on 11:44 - Feb 3 with 1992 viewsIpswichRising

The sooner England drop Owen Farrell the better our chances will be. Whilst his kicking from the ground is unquestionable, his kicking from hand is poor and his tackling is a penalty waiting to happen, especially with the new tackling laws coming in. Playing Farrell at 12 is a complete and utter waste as he offers nothing at inside centre.
6 Nations on 11:46 - Feb 3 with 1973 viewsKeno

6 Nations on 11:44 - Feb 3 by IpswichRising

The sooner England drop Owen Farrell the better our chances will be. Whilst his kicking from the ground is unquestionable, his kicking from hand is poor and his tackling is a penalty waiting to happen, especially with the new tackling laws coming in. Playing Farrell at 12 is a complete and utter waste as he offers nothing at inside centre.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

6 Nations on 11:47 - Feb 3 with 1967 viewsMattinLondon

Doesn’t it get boring all of the time? The same 6 teams year-after-year? I know that football can be a tad monotonous at times but at least there’s different teams with a much better chance of upset. Plus, some big nations sometimes miss out.

As a non rugby union fan, how can the game progress with only six teams at the top table - surly the bottom two teams get relegated with the top two outside of the 6 nations earning promotion etc?
6 Nations on 11:53 - Feb 3 with 1922 viewshomer_123

6 Nations on 11:47 - Feb 3 by MattinLondon

Doesn’t it get boring all of the time? The same 6 teams year-after-year? I know that football can be a tad monotonous at times but at least there’s different teams with a much better chance of upset. Plus, some big nations sometimes miss out.

As a non rugby union fan, how can the game progress with only six teams at the top table - surly the bottom two teams get relegated with the top two outside of the 6 nations earning promotion etc?

It is a little like the baseball World Series isn't it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

6 Nations on 11:55 - Feb 3 with 1906 viewsSamuelowen88

a rather pessimistic Welsh fan here. Hoping to win a few and generally give a good account of ourselves, giving confidence going towards the WC.

No grand slam winner for me. But France to win the tournament, will come down to bonus points, and Ireland to win the WC, too much home pressure for France in the summer.

Poll: England v Wales Score

6 Nations on 11:55 - Feb 3 with 1896 viewsKeno

The re-structuring is being discussion with a 2md tier of the likes of Georgia, Romania, Spain, Portugal, Netherlands with the bottom of the Top 6 swapping places with the top of that tier

6 Nations on 11:59 - Feb 3 with 1864 viewsJosebadleg

Two reasons it wouldn't work. 1) the 6 unions own the 6 nations not world rugby and they won't go against their own interests. 2) Only Georgia in europe are anywhere near the 6 nations but they would finish way adrift at the bottom.

The only way it would work is to expand it to 8 teams with Georgia/Japan/pacific islanders

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

6 Nations on 12:00 - Feb 3 with 1858 viewsMattinLondon

6 Nations on 11:53 - Feb 3 by homer_123

It is a little like the baseball World Series isn't it.

For all of unions banging on about a sport that is built on respect (plus having an almighty chip on its shoulder in regards to football) it doesn’t seem to do a lot to encourage smaller nations or even make it more assessed in schools.

In comparison, nations like San Marino and Gibraltar can play in the major competitions.
6 Nations on 12:01 - Feb 3 with 1851 viewsScotBlue

6 Nations on 11:39 - Feb 3 by clive_baker

Don't underestimate us Scots in this match. The team will be well up for this especially given their recent results against the auld Enemy. Townsend for all his faults has selected a very clever team for this match and with England in transition I think we will be keeping hold of the Calcutta Cup.
6 Nations on 12:03 - Feb 3 with 1839 viewsMattinLondon

6 Nations on 11:59 - Feb 3 by Josebadleg

Two reasons it wouldn't work. 1) the 6 unions own the 6 nations not world rugby and they won't go against their own interests. 2) Only Georgia in europe are anywhere near the 6 nations but they would finish way adrift at the bottom.

The only way it would work is to expand it to 8 teams with Georgia/Japan/pacific islanders

But once upon a time nations like Turkey were well behind Germany and England but closed the gap significantly- ok, they’ve gone backwards again. But, how can nations improve if the better nations aren’t regular opponents. Do England play the likes of Germany, Spain etc in friendlies in Union?
6 Nations on 12:06 - Feb 3 with 1826 viewsunstableblue

6 Nations on 11:55 - Feb 3 by Samuelowen88

a rather pessimistic Welsh fan here. Hoping to win a few and generally give a good account of ourselves, giving confidence going towards the WC.

No grand slam winner for me. But France to win the tournament, will come down to bonus points, and Ireland to win the WC, too much home pressure for France in the summer.

I’ll be in Cardiff Saturday… hoping to at least give the Irish a game. Can’t see is winning. Not sure where the next batch of players are coming from.

You pleased with Gatland return?

A part of me wishes I was staying home, and watching the beamback for Cambridge game!! But you can’t beat the atmosphere in Cardiff.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

6 Nations on 12:07 - Feb 3 with 1813 viewsSaleAway

6 Nations on 11:44 - Feb 3 by IpswichRising

Who is the footballing equivalent of Farrell? Despised by most of the fans, and yet beloved of coaches and other players.

I'm thinking maybe Jordan Henderson.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

6 Nations on 12:12 - Feb 3 with 1776 viewsKeno

6 Nations on 12:07 - Feb 3 by SaleAway

Who is the footballing equivalent of Farrell? Despised by most of the fans, and yet beloved of coaches and other players.

Despised by most of the fans - Grant Holt?

6 Nations on 12:14 - Feb 3 with 1764 viewsJosebadleg

6 Nations on 12:03 - Feb 3 by MattinLondon

But once upon a time nations like Turkey were well behind Germany and England but closed the gap significantly- ok, they’ve gone backwards again. But, how can nations improve if the better nations aren’t regular opponents. Do England play the likes of Germany, Spain etc in friendlies in Union?

They do in 7's but in the full 15 it's akin to England v San Marino in football. What's helped the likes of Georgia & Italy to an extent is that their players are playing in the top club leagues in Europe meaning that over the years they have improved.
Also the international window is full, 6 Nations/Rugby Championship for the northern and southern hemisphere teams. Then you have the UK summer tours which each team plays a 3 match test series against a southern hemisphere side and the autumn internationals where the big boys go against each other and then may play a second tier nation such as Japan/Fiji/Samoa. That's all before a British & Irish Lions tour every four years. When that happens it's usual for a development squad to tour a tier 2 nation/s

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

6 Nations on 12:22 - Feb 3 with 1733 viewsSamuelowen88

6 Nations on 12:06 - Feb 3 by unstableblue

I’ll be in Cardiff Saturday… hoping to at least give the Irish a game. Can’t see is winning. Not sure where the next batch of players are coming from.

You pleased with Gatland return?

A part of me wishes I was staying home, and watching the beamback for Cambridge game!! But you can’t beat the atmosphere in Cardiff.

Nice, unfortunately not managing to go this year.

Not sure how I feel about Gats return really. I think a change was needed and I guess with such a short time to WC he was the logical choice.

I just hope he doesn't tarnish his reputation. So many great memories of his sides, just hope it goes well

Poll: England v Wales Score

6 Nations on 12:40 - Feb 3 with 1691 viewsMattinLondon

6 Nations on 12:14 - Feb 3 by Josebadleg

They do in 7's but in the full 15 it's akin to England v San Marino in football. What's helped the likes of Georgia & Italy to an extent is that their players are playing in the top club leagues in Europe meaning that over the years they have improved.
Also the international window is full, 6 Nations/Rugby Championship for the northern and southern hemisphere teams. Then you have the UK summer tours which each team plays a 3 match test series against a southern hemisphere side and the autumn internationals where the big boys go against each other and then may play a second tier nation such as Japan/Fiji/Samoa. That's all before a British & Irish Lions tour every four years. When that happens it's usual for a development squad to tour a tier 2 nation/s

Thanks for that. Just another thing, why are English players not eligible to play for England if they play in France? Seems a bit short sighted as they will be exposed to different styles and mentality? Do French players only play in France if they want to play for their country?
6 Nations on 12:42 - Feb 3 with 1683 viewsMattinLondon

6 Nations on 12:07 - Feb 3 by SaleAway

Anyone who despises Henderson doesn’t know a lot about football.
6 Nations on 12:42 - Feb 3 with 1677 viewsHARRY10

Why should it change. The games all sellout, and no one wants to risk being dumped out after a bad game or two.

The game has morphed into a freak show. With physique being more important than skill.

Where once it was case of you only being able to get tickets via a rugby club, it is now open to anyone who has the money....which will exclude a good many.

It is in danger of going down the route of the American version which is now no more than an over scripted costume drama, where the sponsors dictate pretty much what happens and men mince about in padded shoulders, make up and skin tight white trousers.

That haka is only tolerated because it brings a bit of 'character' to the performance. White men aping a culture they almost wiped out.
6 Nations on 12:44 - Feb 3 with 1674 viewsIllinoisblue

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

6 Nations on 12:45 - Feb 3 with 1666 viewsSaleAway

6 Nations on 12:42 - Feb 3 by MattinLondon

Anyone who despises Henderson doesn’t know a lot about football.

you could argue the same about Farrell... that was kind of my point.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

6 Nations on 12:52 - Feb 3 with 1640 viewsMattinLondon

6 Nations on 12:45 - Feb 3 by SaleAway

you could argue the same about Farrell... that was kind of my point.

Oops. Didn’t know that he was unpopular in rugby circles.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024