Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success 17:50 - Feb 4 with 4147 viewsN2_Blue

If TWTD is a general reflection of our overall support, we deserve nothing this season.
I hope the team doesn’t give up as quick as you lot. It’s pathetic, try getting behind this squad and manager.
Yes things aren’t going as well as we want last 2 months but any position is still up for grabs and I’m sure McKenna et al are doing all they can to get out this dip.

I’m still optimistic but if things don’t happen as we want and we finish in the playoffs then we have to go at them. And before someone says we won’t finish in the playoffs, yes it a possibility but if you genuinely believe that considering what you have seen from town over the whole course of this season, Mckennas short stewardship and this squad then maybe find something else to do on Saturday afternoons.

[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 0:26]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 00:25 - Feb 5 with 431 viewsN2_Blue

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 00:09 - Feb 5 by stonojnr

but you cant lay the past 20 years of the clubs demise at the door of the current manager and say thats all your fault that is and we fans have been patient for those 20 years and only now we are finding our voice to complain that were only 3rd in this poxy league and demand better from you, so sort it out.

we need to be realistic, and I think too many fans arent being realistic at the moment because weve got the money and bought new players, because the attendances are high home & away and people seem to think we should be HMS p*** the league again because well its our turn right ?.

Ive even seen people say well even if we beat Sheff Wed now it wont change anything.

we're only just near enough 2/3rds of the way through the season. we are still in a good position in the league, its still within the teams capabilities to win games and go on a run and still offer a challenge to the top 2.

Rome wasnt built in a day as they say.

Stonojnr, Thankfully, someone who understands and puts it much better than me.

This is Mckennas first full season in management and he still may end up with a promotion, we don’t know yet but judging by much of our support it’s all over.

And McKenna can’t be held responsible for all the past hurt and failure. Yes as town fans it’s been a rough ride but only two months ago everyone was saying thank you McKenna and Gamechanger for giving us our club back….I assume after 20 years of pain. It seems it only takes 2 months to undo all that. That is what I find pathetic.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 01:03 - Feb 5 with 393 viewsAlanG296

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 00:25 - Feb 5 by N2_Blue

This is Mckennas first full season in management and he still may end up with a promotion, we don’t know yet but judging by much of our support it’s all over.

And McKenna can’t be held responsible for all the past hurt and failure. Yes as town fans it’s been a rough ride but only two months ago everyone was saying thank you McKenna and Gamechanger for giving us our club back….I assume after 20 years of pain. It seems it only takes 2 months to undo all that. That is what I find pathetic.

"everyone"?

Thanking Gamechanger maybe but McKenna is still an unproven, inexperienced at this level, coach, with a lot to learn and do before he can be considered a good manager.
Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 01:05 - Feb 5 with 392 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Jesus Christ. People getting frustrated just shows they still have passion. You know what’s worse? Apathy! We have been heavily backed now, we have done f all in the third tier for years. We need a winners, excuses from a bunch of Super Fans trying to spin a positive light on everything is tiresome. Demand better!
[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 1:13]
Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 01:10 - Feb 5 with 386 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 22:42 - Feb 4 by gainsboroughblue

Two months? If we fail to go up this year, we will be starting our FIFTH successive season at this level in August.

In the dozen or so seasons before our pathetic relegation in 2019, we clocked up a massive one, yes one, play-off campaigns and in that, we lost over two legs to our arch rivals.

Despite all this, we are selling out every away allocation given to us, as well as nudging 29,000 for home games. Our support is immense for this level. I'd say we are as deserving of success as anybody in the country.

I think you need to look at the forums up and down the country and see how different it is on there. You'll discover it is far from different. ITFC have some of the most tolerant, patient fans in the country and it's just as well too given the sh!te we've had to contend with.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 22:43]

Indeed, let’s be honest, our fan base is actually fairly pathetic these days. They’d be some on here putting a positive spin on a playoff semi final loss. This get on board with everything or get out is laughable. Loser mentality.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 1:12]
Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 01:24 - Feb 5 with 373 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 18:26 - Feb 4 by BloomBlue

I find the annoying thing is the entitlement many Town fans suffer with. Before and after the game I heard fans talking about how this match 'is a given', 'we're a bigger club should be a win for us', 'we've spent millions easy 3 points'.
Fans need to realise football is a game of 11 v 11 just because you have loads of away fans and spent millions it doesn't entitle you to win

Having lived in London for years I often hear other football fans say Spurs and Town fans are the most entitled of all fans ie 'we won something 50 years ago we're entitled to be winning now'. Given what I heard today from some Town fans I'm starting to agree with them

LOL, dear god. We are in the third tier not losing champions league finals. We can’t beat Cambridge on our budget. We have been on of the most boring clubs in England for two decades! Jesus Christ the contentment with failure in our ranks is pathetic.
Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 05:11 - Feb 5 with 300 viewsPioneerBlue

Fans will say and write what they want no matter what. The really difficult thing for many to grasp is that in football, like life you have to deal with what’s in front of you to make the future but the fans are constantly focused on what is behind, it’s a distraction. All the big questions and decisions should be discussed at the end or towards the end of the season leaving laser focus on the here and now, it’s distracting to open up questions of coaching, players, acquisitions whilst we are competing for automatic or play offs. Yes the 5, 10, 15 game form isn’t good enough. It literally doesn’t matter how we get out of this league, getting out any way we can as soon as we can is the gig. We need to pull together and deal with the next game then the next game after that.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 06:02 - Feb 5 with 262 viewsibbleobble

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 00:25 - Feb 5 by N2_Blue

Hoppy put a poll up at the start of the season and 55% voted that we’d make top 2 and 29% thought the play-offs. If that’s representative of TWTD and you’d have to assume it is, that’s 84% of people think we’ll be top 6 come May.

Our form in the last 10 games is 1.4pts a game, which would see us to about 79 pts. That’ll be enough to make play-offs but not the top 2, which contradicts what 55% of people in that vote believed in August. This means gut go some way to suggest why there’s a big backlash the more we slide.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024