Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ineffective players & ineffective tactics. 06:57 - Feb 15 with 690 viewsWestcountryblue

Firstly....4 changes. I can understand Broadhead if he was carrying a knock (although this didn't seem the case on the basis of his performance), however where is the logic in taking Chaplin and Clarke out of the side? Both had fairly good games on Saturday and Clarke in particular needs time to settle and get up to speed. Swapping the entire front 3 on a regular basis isn't going to produce consistent performances and results on the pitch.

My next point is about some of the players we are carrying. Aluko being a perfect example. We all love a Maradona turn or the odd flick here and there, but the last time he scored was Cambridge away last season. The same can be said for Burns and Harness to a lesser extent, who although have clocked up reasonable numbers this season, aren't in form.

With Evans out, we need to get Luongo (a seasoned campaigner) into the side ASAP alongside Morsy, stick with a settled back 3 and perhaps also give Burns a prolonged rest. Edwards has a high ceiling in terms of his ability and deserves a shot. Chaplin and Broadhead need to start week in week out. McKenna has to play his strongest 11 , week in week out and also not be afraid to change formation and go more direct if teams are sitting against us. There is a real rigidity about the way we play and it makes it so easy for teams like Rovers to set up against us.

Management team need to put their finger out and quickly, as the US owners, Ashton and the fans have backed the side to the hilt this season. Another year in League 1 will be another year of close to 10m lost in TV revenue while carrying players on Championship wages etc...
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 7:07]
Ineffective players & ineffective tactics. on 08:11 - Feb 15 with 562 viewsStokieBlue

Aluko is a problem. He's lovely to watch in bursts with some wonderful skill and the occasional piercing pass but in general he turns back looking to beat people again which slows down the play and he ends up passing sideways because the defence is set.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ineffective players & ineffective tactics. on 08:30 - Feb 15 with 515 viewsBobsthename

Ineffective players & ineffective tactics. on 08:11 - Feb 15 by StokieBlue

Aluko is a problem. He's lovely to watch in bursts with some wonderful skill and the occasional piercing pass but in general he turns back looking to beat people again which slows down the play and he ends up passing sideways because the defence is set.

SB

No looking to play forward but no one there that’s why it goes side ways or he turns back that’s the problem the football we play is easy to defend at times and isolating our lone striker works for the opposition.
Ineffective players & ineffective tactics. on 08:32 - Feb 15 with 504 viewsStokieBlue

Ineffective players & ineffective tactics. on 08:30 - Feb 15 by Bobsthename

No looking to play forward but no one there that’s why it goes side ways or he turns back that’s the problem the football we play is easy to defend at times and isolating our lone striker works for the opposition.

You literally said in the other thread we should get the ball forward quicker, that is not something Aluko generally looks to do regardless of the situation - he slows things down and takes stock of the position.

As I said, a lovely player to watch but I don't think he's suited to starting in this team.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ineffective players & ineffective tactics. on 08:40 - Feb 15 with 476 viewsBobsthename

Ineffective players & ineffective tactics. on 08:32 - Feb 15 by StokieBlue

You literally said in the other thread we should get the ball forward quicker, that is not something Aluko generally looks to do regardless of the situation - he slows things down and takes stock of the position.

As I said, a lovely player to watch but I don't think he's suited to starting in this team.

SB

If you read my posts you will see that i don’t mind the possession game keethe ball but if it fails and clubs just shut us up then Plan B comes into play there are so many options for mckenna he has a great advantage over other teams i this league yet he fails to use them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024