Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium MK - Parking 13:16 - Feb 23 with 2816 viewsZx1988

Can anyone offer any non-airport pointers towards potential parking for Saturday?

I've clearly left it rather late, what with there seeming to be nothing within a ten-minute walk from the stadium. Is my best bet now going to be trying to find somewhere in the city centre and then walking over to the stadium?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Stadium MK - Parking on 13:21 - Feb 23 with 2783 viewsPlums

Last year there was pre-bookable 'park and walk' from MK Bowl to the stadium. About 25 mins walk but was a decent option
[Post edited 23 Feb 2023 13:21]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Stadium MK - Parking on 13:26 - Feb 23 with 2753 viewsArnoldMoorhen

There is plenty of parking in the retail park around the ground, some of which is aggressively patrolled to ensure it is only used by those going to restaurants, cinemas etc, but lots was also available for pay on the day match parking, unless that has changed post-covid.

If you have a partner who doesn't want to go to the match but wouldn't say no to a trip to IKEA, then getting them to drop you off is an option.
Stadium MK - Parking on 13:27 - Feb 23 with 2746 viewsZx1988

Stadium MK - Parking on 13:21 - Feb 23 by Plums

Last year there was pre-bookable 'park and walk' from MK Bowl to the stadium. About 25 mins walk but was a decent option
[Post edited 23 Feb 2023 13:21]

Thanks for that - I've had a quick search but I'm struggling to find any mention of it, either on the MK Dons website, or through the National Bowl. Do you recall who was selling it at all?

Stadium MK - Parking on 13:29 - Feb 23 with 2721 viewsZx1988

Stadium MK - Parking on 13:26 - Feb 23 by ArnoldMoorhen

There is plenty of parking in the retail park around the ground, some of which is aggressively patrolled to ensure it is only used by those going to restaurants, cinemas etc, but lots was also available for pay on the day match parking, unless that has changed post-covid.

If you have a partner who doesn't want to go to the match but wouldn't say no to a trip to IKEA, then getting them to drop you off is an option.

I did wonder about the IKEA parking, given that it's not unrealistic that one might spend three or four hours in there on a Saturday afternoon. I went there last year (albeit mid-week), spent a few hours, and don't recall having to register to park, or show a proof of purchase etc.,

Any knowledge on whether it works differently of a weekend?

It's sold out, as of this morning. (n/t) on 13:29 - Feb 23 with 2715 viewsBloots

Stadium MK - Parking on 13:27 - Feb 23 by Zx1988

Thanks for that - I've had a quick search but I'm struggling to find any mention of it, either on the MK Dons website, or through the National Bowl. Do you recall who was selling it at all?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Stadium MK - Parking on 13:34 - Feb 23 with 2672 viewsfarkenhell

We're parking in the City Center and then catching a bus to the ground.
Stadium MK - Parking on 13:38 - Feb 23 with 2634 viewsITFC_Forever

Last year we parked in the little industrial estate on Peverel Drive, the Magnet car park was free of charge.

However, we were very lucky to get in there, so this year we have pre-booked a space in one of the car parks by the ground.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Stadium MK - Parking on 13:48 - Feb 23 with 2577 viewsFtnfwest

residential parking 5-10 minutes walk from ground
Login to get fewer ads

Stadium MK - Parking on 13:50 - Feb 23 with 2547 viewsLawfordLad

We parked at Bletchley Train Station last year. Only a 30 min walk and miss a lot of traffic afterwards.
Stadium MK - Parking on 13:50 - Feb 23 with 2547 viewsmkbobby

There is plenty of parking in Bletchley town centre which is closer to the ground than milton keynes about 10- 12 min walk or a 5 min bus ride
Stadium MK - Parking on 13:53 - Feb 23 with 2531 viewsitfcsuth

Melick Drive - 10 minute walk to the stadium, lots of road parking there free of charge, easy walk to the ground.
Stadium MK - Parking on 14:00 - Feb 23 with 2490 viewsTractorWood

Stadium MK - Parking on 13:29 - Feb 23 by Zx1988

I did wonder about the IKEA parking, given that it's not unrealistic that one might spend three or four hours in there on a Saturday afternoon. I went there last year (albeit mid-week), spent a few hours, and don't recall having to register to park, or show a proof of purchase etc.,

Any knowledge on whether it works differently of a weekend?

I was planning to go there and buy some furniture and meatballs. Should I get distracted by a football game I happen to have a ticket for, then so be it.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Stadium MK - Parking on 14:00 - Feb 23 with 2485 viewsBlueandTruesince82

See if you can park at the Stadium, you usually can as they have no home fans so plenty of room for us.

Bowl is an option, a fair walk but not terrible.

Don't park at the retail park the otherwise of the Stadium or Asia you will get done

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

It's quite a long walk from Asia too. (n/t) on 14:03 - Feb 23 with 2461 viewsBloots

Stadium MK - Parking on 14:00 - Feb 23 by BlueandTruesince82

See if you can park at the Stadium, you usually can as they have no home fans so plenty of room for us.

Bowl is an option, a fair walk but not terrible.

Don't park at the retail park the otherwise of the Stadium or Asia you will get done

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Stadium MK - Parking on 14:26 - Feb 23 with 2400 viewsStevieH

https://parkthecarhere.com/
Stadium MK - Parking on 14:33 - Feb 23 with 2361 viewsITFC_Forever

Stadium MK - Parking on 14:26 - Feb 23 by StevieH

That's the link that was on the original ticket information and is now sold out.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Stadium MK - Parking on 14:34 - Feb 23 with 2355 viewsZx1988

Stadium MK - Parking on 14:26 - Feb 23 by StevieH

All sold out, as per my original post.

Stadium MK - Parking on 15:03 - Feb 23 with 2279 viewshoppy

Stadium MK - Parking on 14:34 - Feb 23 by Zx1988

All sold out, as per my original post.

Don't know if there would be anything different on here?

https://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/locations/stadium_mk_saxon_st_milton_keynes_

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Stadium MK - Parking on 15:22 - Feb 23 with 2208 viewsgoperryrevs

Residential area round Melrose Ave / Whalley Drive / Spenlows Road. Loads of on-street parking and it's a short walk to the stadium - there are alleys and paths to get to and cross Watling St.

Around ten mins walk, and it's quicker to get back to the motorway on the roads.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2023 15:26]
Stadium MK - Parking on 15:42 - Feb 23 with 2132 viewssmithy69

I can deffo help with this as I live and work 5 mins from the ground. Peverel Drive is opposite and always has space and is free. It’s mainly business’s that don’t open at weekends so no issues. Goulds close is prob a 8-10 min walk but same again. On industrial estate with no issues with parking - or getting a ticket
Stadium MK - Parking on 15:54 - Feb 23 with 2065 viewsbackwaywhen

Pm me I have an option ……..
Stadium MK - Parking on 18:57 - Feb 23 with 1796 viewsKingsCrossBlue

If really stuck, you can park at mine (Newton longville) 5 mins away and get a cab or walk. DM me if interested
Stadium MK - Parking on 19:47 - Feb 24 with 1322 viewsbackwaywhen

Did you get sorted , I did message you but no reply ?
Stadium MK - Parking on 21:11 - Feb 24 with 1265 viewssohamblue74

Gatwick?
Stadium MK - Parking on 23:26 - Feb 24 with 1195 viewsBouncebackIpswich

IKEA or aldi
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024