Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... 09:15 - Feb 24 with 2538 viewsgiant_stow

What formation and how much do you let everyone take a turn at being striker?

I was thinking play a 3 3 and swap each 3 from attack/defence for half each.

And finally remind the little sh1ts to pass to each other!

Sound OK?
[Post edited 24 Feb 2023 9:17]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 09:31 - Feb 24 with 1821 viewsdavblue

where's your midfield?

Or are you going for the Aidy Boothroyd style?

Sure with 3 at the back and 3 up front you aren't encouraging them to pass rather hoof it?

2-3-1 or 2-2-2 would be better surely?
You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 09:38 - Feb 24 with 1800 viewsgiant_stow

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 09:31 - Feb 24 by davblue

where's your midfield?

Or are you going for the Aidy Boothroyd style?

Sure with 3 at the back and 3 up front you aren't encouraging them to pass rather hoof it?

2-3-1 or 2-2-2 would be better surely?

I was thinking just to keep things simple for them really, but also for me in giving everyone a turn up front. But you're right of course. Maybe I should do the 231 and take a notepad to record who's played where.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 09:43 - Feb 24 with 1784 viewsollie_smith2001

Played in a successful Woodbridge Town U11 7-a-side team.

We played 1-4-1, with the midfield in more of a diamond.

DM dropped in to make it a back 2 when out of possession.
AM played in the No. 10 role when going forward.

Wide midfielders jobs were to get up and down all game.

We went from a half-decent, mid-table team to winning the league playing this style.

My old man was the gaffer (hence how I got a game!), and we were streets ahead of the rest in terms of the fluidity of our play.
You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 09:44 - Feb 24 with 1775 viewsBiGDonnie

Na, stick your best two up top and go for the jugular. Fairness and inclusion is all well and good until you get smashed 9-0.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 09:46 - Feb 24 with 1770 viewsKeno

you are David Wagner arent you?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 09:51 - Feb 24 with 1716 viewsgiant_stow

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 09:43 - Feb 24 by ollie_smith2001

Played in a successful Woodbridge Town U11 7-a-side team.

We played 1-4-1, with the midfield in more of a diamond.

DM dropped in to make it a back 2 when out of possession.
AM played in the No. 10 role when going forward.

Wide midfielders jobs were to get up and down all game.

We went from a half-decent, mid-table team to winning the league playing this style.

My old man was the gaffer (hence how I got a game!), and we were streets ahead of the rest in terms of the fluidity of our play.

That does sound perfect, but your team sounds a little more erm... advanced than our bunch! I don't want to confuse them, but yes, at least with 4 in midfield, everyone's kind of doing the same thing more or less. We also have 1 fella (just the one) who love's being a defender, so he'd be the obvious 1 at the back. hmmm.... dilemmas... my managerial career may be short!

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 09:52 - Feb 24 with 1707 viewsgiant_stow

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 09:44 - Feb 24 by BiGDonnie

Na, stick your best two up top and go for the jugular. Fairness and inclusion is all well and good until you get smashed 9-0.

The resulting whining though.... oi vey! My eardrums would takes weeks to recover.

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 09:55 - Feb 24 with 1695 viewsollie_smith2001

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 09:51 - Feb 24 by giant_stow

That does sound perfect, but your team sounds a little more erm... advanced than our bunch! I don't want to confuse them, but yes, at least with 4 in midfield, everyone's kind of doing the same thing more or less. We also have 1 fella (just the one) who love's being a defender, so he'd be the obvious 1 at the back. hmmm.... dilemmas... my managerial career may be short!

Ha, ok - we were a pretty settled, well-drilled outfit with a couple of excellent players. The AM/No. 10 could do anything and was on Town's academy books for a while.

If someone enjoys defending - leave them there!
Login to get fewer ads

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 09:58 - Feb 24 with 1663 viewsRobTheMonk

2-3-1 with a sweeper keep.
You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 10:03 - Feb 24 with 1644 viewsgiant_stow

thanks for the tips all - plenty to chew on. Got a 6 team tournament tomorrow - up the Stray Dogs!

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 10:12 - Feb 24 with 1612 viewsBiGDonnie

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 09:52 - Feb 24 by giant_stow

The resulting whining though.... oi vey! My eardrums would takes weeks to recover.

Oh definitely. By asking the more limited players to be in defence you're kind of playing to their strengths as well. Better for them in the long run. Good luck though.

COYBs

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 10:13 - Feb 24 with 1610 viewsBiGDonnie

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 10:03 - Feb 24 by giant_stow

thanks for the tips all - plenty to chew on. Got a 6 team tournament tomorrow - up the Stray Dogs!

Do the stray dogs play in yellow or blue?

COYBs

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 10:16 - Feb 24 with 1605 viewsgiant_stow

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 10:13 - Feb 24 by BiGDonnie

Do the stray dogs play in yellow or blue?

Danger red! grrr... bite your legs!

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 10:22 - Feb 24 with 1516 viewsdavblue

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 09:38 - Feb 24 by giant_stow

I was thinking just to keep things simple for them really, but also for me in giving everyone a turn up front. But you're right of course. Maybe I should do the 231 and take a notepad to record who's played where.

Good luck whatever you do.

You will have to report back your results.
You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 10:32 - Feb 24 with 1478 viewsBluish

It's been interesting for me to watch my daughter's U11 side improving week on week this season. The coaches have mixed things up a little, playing three at the back and one girl sitting in front of them who is not afraid to boot it upfield if needed, but the emphasis has been on playing it from the back. At times I think it wouldn't hurt to hit it long for the quicker strikers to run onto, but I'm no coach.
You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 10:33 - Feb 24 with 1473 viewsKeno

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 10:03 - Feb 24 by giant_stow

let me edit that for you

thanks for the tips all - plenty to chew on. Playing Cardiff tomorrow

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 10:38 - Feb 24 with 1456 viewsclive_baker

WE WANT ULLAA OUT SAY WE WANT ULLAA OUT

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 10:43 - Feb 24 with 1414 viewsgiant_stow

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 10:32 - Feb 24 by Bluish

It's been interesting for me to watch my daughter's U11 side improving week on week this season. The coaches have mixed things up a little, playing three at the back and one girl sitting in front of them who is not afraid to boot it upfield if needed, but the emphasis has been on playing it from the back. At times I think it wouldn't hurt to hit it long for the quicker strikers to run onto, but I'm no coach.

Me neither - the club is fielding 3 teams and I'm just a parent volunteer who's been given one. Agreed on the occasional long punt up field, especially when the defenders aren't so good at passing. Nice one on the improvement of your daughter's team.

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 10:44 - Feb 24 with 1410 viewsgiant_stow

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 10:38 - Feb 24 by clive_baker

WE WANT ULLAA OUT SAY WE WANT ULLAA OUT

ha!

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 12:25 - Feb 24 with 1283 viewsIllinoisblue

Isn’t it more common for U11s to be playing 9-a-side? At least it is over here

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 15:31 - Feb 24 with 1224 viewsPlums

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 10:32 - Feb 24 by Bluish

Look after the ball, look after the ball, look after the ball. The kids will thank the coach for it when they're U15 and the teams that kicked it up for the quick/ big kid can't live with them as they stroke it around.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 16:03 - Feb 24 with 1195 viewsSwansea_Blue

Handy playing 7 a side, what with you being able to keep track of the number of outfield players easily....

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 16:24 - Feb 24 with 1163 viewsKropotkin123

Thought it was a roaming 10 at that age, where everyone is focused on running towards the ball

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 16:27 - Feb 24 with 1158 viewsJ2BLUE

Christmas tree formation.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

You're the coach of an under 11s team playing 7 a side... on 16:35 - Feb 24 with 1148 viewsleitrimblue

You need to play the biggest lad up front so the rest of um have someone to aim for when hoofing it up to the big lad.
More importantly Ull,s how are you planning to dress for your day of football management? I can only picture you going full big Ron Atkinson or gilet wearing Tim Sherwood
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024