Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium mk 21:06 - Feb 25 with 2859 viewskesblue

Is a fantastic ground, easy parking, big comfy seats,nice toilets ,quick beer and food serving and still people don't like the place 🙈
Stadium mk on 21:11 - Feb 25 with 2794 viewsbackwaywhen

Probably the best new stadium below the prem clubs ….IMHO
Stadium mk on 21:14 - Feb 25 with 2748 viewsGeoffSentence

Could do with a good pub and a railway station within a few minutes walk. Otherwise good ground.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Stadium mk on 21:20 - Feb 25 with 2693 viewsbournemouthblue

Stadium mk on 21:11 - Feb 25 by backwaywhen

Probably the best new stadium below the prem clubs ….IMHO

It's a Premier League Stadium with a non-league pitch at a club who probably only ever needed a stadium of about 15k

They actually put in a bid for the 2018 world cup which would have seen further expansion to about 45k which would have been absolute madness

It's probably not a bad blueprint to base a modern stadium on, albeit you'd want a traditional Kop End factored into it, like a mini version of Spur's new ground
[Post edited 25 Feb 2023 21:35]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Stadium mk on 21:22 - Feb 25 with 2659 viewsjontysnut

Stadium mk on 21:20 - Feb 25 by bournemouthblue

It's a Premier League Stadium with a non-league pitch at a club who probably only ever needed a stadium of about 15k

They actually put in a bid for the 2018 world cup which would have seen further expansion to about 45k which would have been absolute madness

It's probably not a bad blueprint to base a modern stadium on, albeit you'd want a traditional Kop End factored into it, like a mini version of Spur's new ground

I was in their record crowd which was a world cup rugby match
Stadium mk on 21:23 - Feb 25 with 2656 viewsPlums

It's always struck me as a mini Borussia Park which as a modern ground, I really like.
Just needs an atmosphere!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Stadium mk on 21:26 - Feb 25 with 2619 viewskesblue

Stadium mk on 21:23 - Feb 25 by Plums

It's always struck me as a mini Borussia Park which as a modern ground, I really like.
Just needs an atmosphere!

Transport it to trinity park I'd take it in a heartbeat
Stadium mk on 21:31 - Feb 25 with 2520 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Just a pain in the backside to get away from, but other than that I enjoyed my stay

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Stadium mk on 21:37 - Feb 25 with 2430 viewsbournemouthblue

Stadium mk on 21:26 - Feb 25 by kesblue

Traffic around that area would be chaos, albeit they could put a train station in at Warren Heath area I guess

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Stadium mk on 22:00 - Feb 25 with 2259 viewsSitfcB

Great stadium, sh!t club and sh!t Town.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Stadium mk on 22:32 - Feb 25 with 2070 viewsmrfixit426

I thought it was a great stadium, totally wasted though.

However, it did seem like one massive commercial enterprise. The big screens were showing adverts all the way through the match, with only the smallest section at the bottom reserved for the score and time.

I also only read about four pages in the programme, as the rest was all adverts.

I guess they have to make their money in other ways than relying on ticket sales. Maybe a club shop with more than a few racks of replica kits and t-shirts may be a start.......
Stadium mk on 22:39 - Feb 25 with 2027 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Stadium mk on 22:32 - Feb 25 by mrfixit426

I thought it was a great stadium, totally wasted though.

However, it did seem like one massive commercial enterprise. The big screens were showing adverts all the way through the match, with only the smallest section at the bottom reserved for the score and time.

I also only read about four pages in the programme, as the rest was all adverts.

I guess they have to make their money in other ways than relying on ticket sales. Maybe a club shop with more than a few racks of replica kits and t-shirts may be a start.......

They get a few bands at the stadium now, has everyone fron UB40 to My chemical romance. Rod Stewart a couple of years ago, Winkleman also owns the MK Bowl,
or is at least involved in a proposed redevelopment which has barley had any acts recently though does have Muse in the summer.

Then there is master darts in Jan, snooker etc. I think football fans were always a secondary consideration but it is a good stadium.

Rubbish fans though

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Stadium mk on 23:06 - Feb 25 with 1874 viewsmrfixit426

Stadium mk on 22:39 - Feb 25 by BlueandTruesince82

They get a few bands at the stadium now, has everyone fron UB40 to My chemical romance. Rod Stewart a couple of years ago, Winkleman also owns the MK Bowl,
or is at least involved in a proposed redevelopment which has barley had any acts recently though does have Muse in the summer.

Then there is master darts in Jan, snooker etc. I think football fans were always a secondary consideration but it is a good stadium.

Rubbish fans though

Yeah, absolutely it seems like a venue to make money from many different events and promotions. Football is almost a bolt-on.

I'm tempted to say just like Colchester, but I'd never be so cruel.
Stadium mk on 00:39 - Feb 26 with 1672 viewsTractorBoy1935

Probably because of the amount of times you are shat on by the damn birds 😂
Stadium mk on 01:35 - Feb 26 with 1619 viewsRyorry

Just lacks about 18K home fans 😂

When I first saw images of it online, having never been there, I thought they must be getting regular home crowds of at least 25K.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Stadium mk on 06:26 - Feb 26 with 1442 viewsEastTownBlue

Stadium mk on 21:26 - Feb 25 by kesblue

Makes a change from Copdock but still a no.
Stadium mk on 08:23 - Feb 26 with 1233 viewsElephantintheRoom

It’s more than a football ground. Good concert venue. Built as a city amenity before it became a football ground

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Stadium mk on 08:29 - Feb 26 with 1177 viewsITFC_Forever

Another soulless modern stadium built in an inconvenient location.

Only with this one, the club that plays there has even less soul than the stadium.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Stadium mk on 18:04 - Feb 27 with 836 viewsFBI

Stadium mk on 22:39 - Feb 25 by BlueandTruesince82

Rubbish fans though

Rod the Mod's son plays for the local Ice Hockey team, MK Lightning, as does my (humblebrag) daughter's fella.

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Stadium mk on 18:31 - Feb 27 with 788 viewsSwansea_Blue

The idea of the ground came before the club, and it shows. Just seems weird that they’re aiming to host top level games on a pitch we’d be looking to sow sugar beet on - terrible pitch.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024