Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hadn't realised Plymouth play first tomorrow 17:11 - Apr 14 with 3418 viewsSomethingBlue

Crikey, not normally a situation that crops up in L1. We could quite conceivably go into our game knowing we've a massive opportunity and that even a draw would put us in the top two, or enter a tricky assignment with the pressure really piled on. Total faith in us to handle it but that's two nailbiters one after the other.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Hadn't realised Plymouth play first tomorrow on 20:37 - Apr 14 with 2888 viewsMillsyVOR

Reasonable post 👌
Hadn't realised Plymouth play first tomorrow on 20:39 - Apr 14 with 2875 viewsJakeITFC

Was surprised/annoyed to realise it wasn’t on TV, despite the early kick off.
Hadn't realised Plymouth play first tomorrow on 22:36 - Apr 14 with 2711 viewshowdonblue

Hadn't realised Plymouth play first tomorrow on 20:39 - Apr 14 by JakeITFC

It’s on BT Sport
Hadn't realised Plymouth play first tomorrow on 22:40 - Apr 14 with 2685 viewsclive_baker

Hadn't realised Plymouth play first tomorrow on 22:36 - Apr 14 by howdonblue

It’s on BT Sport

Anyone know a pub in Ipswich that will be showing it? Might be a nice accompaniment while enjoying a few pre match pints

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Hadn't realised Plymouth play first tomorrow on 22:42 - Apr 14 with 2684 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The pressure is on us to win at home regardless. If we win all our games we are promoted. If Plymouth fail to win, it just gives us the opportunity to go one step further and increases our chances of promotion. We really do need a win tomorrow, regardless.

Exeter is presumably an early kick off due to the local derby. Here's hoping they are up for it. They have a decent record at home. They beat Barnsley recently and Wednesday only got a point there when they were on their good run. No pressure on them for points.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The run-in starts in anger tomorrow!!! on 23:50 - Apr 14 with 2477 viewsunstableblue

6 games to go for us and Plymouth

5 for the Owls

Not room for error

4 wins and a draw may not even be enough.

Charlton and Exeter are really difficult games for Town and Plymouth. Charlton have good players. Are in form. Exeter fired up for local derby.

Feel we need to take 6 points from the next two.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Hadn't realised Plymouth play first tomorrow on 23:59 - Apr 14 with 2456 viewsBathBlue

It’s on BT Sport

Where have you seen this? The Villa game and Wrexham game are being shown - no League 1 matches
Hadn't realised Plymouth play first tomorrow on 00:04 - Apr 15 with 2434 viewsStNeotsBlue

It’s on BT Sport

No it isn't. BT are showing Villa-Newcastle.
Sheffield Utd v Cardiff on Sky.
Login to get fewer ads

The run-in starts in anger tomorrow!!! on 00:38 - Apr 15 with 2346 viewsTractorWood

The run-in starts in anger tomorrow!!! on 23:50 - Apr 14 by unstableblue

5 for the Owls

Not room for error

Charlton and Exeter are really difficult games for Town and Plymouth. Charlton have good players. Are in form. Exeter fired up for local derby.

We should win the next two imo. We are great at home.

I think Peterborough and Barnsley away determine our fate.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

The run-in starts in anger tomorrow!!! on 01:36 - Apr 15 with 2269 viewsbournemouthblue

5 for the Owls

Not room for error

Charlton looked shocking earlier in the season but seem to have improved recently

Hope there's still a few holes in that recovery, starting tomorrow

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Hadn't realised Plymouth play first tomorrow on 07:25 - Apr 15 with 2036 viewshowdonblue

Hadn't realised Plymouth play first tomorrow on 00:04 - Apr 15 by StNeotsBlue

No it isn't. BT are showing Villa-Newcastle.
Sheffield Utd v Cardiff on Sky.

Your quite right apologies I’d seen it on line but not live
Sorry folks 😨
Hadn't realised Plymouth play first tomorrow on 07:52 - Apr 15 with 1988 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Hadn't realised Plymouth play first tomorrow on 20:39 - Apr 14 by JakeITFC

Apparently It's streamed on Argyle TV, but not sure how as It's a Saturday. Does it have different rules from I follow?
Hadn't realised Plymouth play first tomorrow on 09:39 - Apr 15 with 1759 viewsBathBlue

Hadn't realised Plymouth play first tomorrow on 07:52 - Apr 15 by Alberto_the_frog

Apparently It's streamed on Argyle TV, but not sure how as It's a Saturday. Does it have different rules from I follow?

The Saturday blackout is between 2.45-5.15pm for live games
The run-in starts in anger tomorrow!!! on 10:42 - Apr 15 with 1617 viewsSwansea_Blue

5 for the Owls

Not room for error

Peterborough is the one worrying me, as they’ll have a bit of an extra edge with it being us and are in good goal scoring form. But then you never know - we’re more than capable of beating them and screwing up a far easier match on paper.

It’s great drama. I’d forgotten how nerve wracking being in contention can be. It fells like coming out of a 20 year coma!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The run-in starts in anger tomorrow!!! on 10:47 - Apr 15 with 1599 viewsRyorry

The run-in starts in anger tomorrow!!! on 10:42 - Apr 15 by Swansea_Blue

Peterborough is the one worrying me, as they’ll have a bit of an extra edge with it being us and are in good goal scoring form. But then you never know - we’re more than capable of beating them and screwing up a far easier match on paper.

It’s great drama. I’d forgotten how nerve wracking being in contention can be. It fells like coming out of a 20 year coma!

Every minute either we or one of the other 3 vying for the autos plays, I feel like the living image of this -

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Hadn't realised Plymouth play first tomorrow on 12:03 - Apr 15 with 1442 viewsGeoffSentence

I see Darren Drysdale is reffing that one. Hope he doesn't harbour any grudges against ITFC.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The run-in starts in anger tomorrow!!! on 13:05 - Apr 15 with 1322 viewsNthsuffolkblue

5 for the Owls

Not room for error

4 wins and a draw would take Wednesday to 97 points, Argyle to 96 or us to 95. There is no way it finishes like that. 4 wins and a draw would get any one of us promoted.

That said, if we can just keep winning our games it won't matter what the others do.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The run-in starts in anger tomorrow!!! on 13:32 - Apr 15 with 1180 viewsNeedhamChris

The run-in starts in anger tomorrow!!! on 13:05 - Apr 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

4 wins and a draw would take Wednesday to 97 points, Argyle to 96 or us to 95. There is no way it finishes like that. 4 wins and a draw would get any one of us promoted.

That said, if we can just keep winning our games it won't matter what the others do.

I wonder if Notts County fans were so sure....

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Hadn't realised Plymouth play first tomorrow on 13:35 - Apr 15 with 1133 viewsRyorry

Argyl just went one up.

*Come on Exeter*!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Hadn't realised Plymouth play first tomorrow on 13:36 - Apr 15 with 1099 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hadn't realised Plymouth play first tomorrow on 13:35 - Apr 15 by Ryorry

Argyl just went one up.

*Come on Exeter*!

Another deflected goal.

I know it doesn't matter how they go in. But how lucky can one team be.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The run-in starts in anger tomorrow!!! on 13:39 - Apr 15 with 1090 viewsSwansea_Blue

The run-in starts in anger tomorrow!!! on 10:47 - Apr 15 by Ryorry

Every minute either we or one of the other 3 vying for the autos plays, I feel like the living image of this -

Ha! Yes, that sums it up nicely. I don’t remember Burley’s time being like this, but it must have been.

Hadn't realised Plymouth play first tomorrow on 13:43 - Apr 15 with 1079 viewsNthQldITFC

Sunny cocks. Is on.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Hadn't realised Plymouth play first tomorrow on 13:48 - Apr 15 with 1049 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hadn't realised Plymouth play first tomorrow on 13:43 - Apr 15 by NthQldITFC

Sunny cocks. Is on.

The run-in starts in anger tomorrow!!! on 13:49 - Apr 15 with 1033 viewspointofblue

The run-in starts in anger tomorrow!!! on 13:39 - Apr 15 by Swansea_Blue

Ha! Yes, that sums it up nicely. I don’t remember Burley’s time being like this, but it must have been.

Or Royle when we were in a three way battle with Sunderland and Wigan. I think, in that year, perhaps the three defeats on the bounce in February diluted expectations, and then only winning one of our last five, offered the sensation of the season petering out.

Also, under both Burley and Royle, we were perhaps punching slightly above our weight so promotion was/would have been a real achievement. This may result in down thumbs but, for me, that is not the case this time around.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The run-in starts in anger tomorrow!!! on 13:56 - Apr 15 with 976 viewsSwansea_Blue

The run-in starts in anger tomorrow!!! on 13:49 - Apr 15 by pointofblue

Or Royle when we were in a three way battle with Sunderland and Wigan. I think, in that year, perhaps the three defeats on the bounce in February diluted expectations, and then only winning one of our last five, offered the sensation of the season petering out.

Also, under both Burley and Royle, we were perhaps punching slightly above our weight so promotion was/would have been a real achievement. This may result in down thumbs but, for me, that is not the case this time around.

I suspect you’re right about the expectation. I think we’d all written off autos before the excellent recent run. That’s changed everything (and why Cheltenham was such a disappointment despite it not being the worst result on paper).

We’d become fatalistic under Burley as well after missing out in the POs so often. That just made Wembley all the sweeter.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024