Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time wasting 23:49 - Apr 18 with 1196 viewsWickets

Now i cant see what could possible be done about it but i feel cheated when a side like Port Vale waste a load of time then when we score in last few minutes to take the lead they then get the they wasted back to try and level the game .
Time wasting on 23:53 - Apr 18 with 1129 viewsunstableblue

The turn around in their players behaviours following the Broadhead penalty!! - it was stark and frankly ridiculous

Taking an age to take a throw-in, zero urgency… goalkeeping setting a goal kick then moving to the other side! Blatant

Then we score to take the lead… and their just went urgent urgent super fast one everything

It was comical

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Time wasting on 00:02 - Apr 19 with 1084 viewsWickets

Time wasting on 23:53 - Apr 18 by unstableblue

The turn around in their players behaviours following the Broadhead penalty!! - it was stark and frankly ridiculous

Taking an age to take a throw-in, zero urgency… goalkeeping setting a goal kick then moving to the other side! Blatant

Then we score to take the lead… and their just went urgent urgent super fast one everything

It was comical

Yes it was just glad we did not give them a sniff as we would have felt so down if they had scored in the time added for the time they had wasted ,
Time wasting on 00:06 - Apr 19 with 1052 viewsclive_baker

Guess you would have to attribute the added time to each side, e.g. 5 minutes by Port Vale and 1 minute by us, then offer each manager if they want it. So in this instance we say no, they say yes and therefore it’s 1 minute added time.

Imperfect solution I’m sure but something has to be done IMO.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Time wasting on 00:07 - Apr 19 with 1048 viewsUB9Blue

Not helped with the numpties in the North Stand keeping the ball and our own players tracking down the pitch to ask them to send it back
Time wasting on 00:08 - Apr 19 with 1041 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Time wasting on 23:53 - Apr 18 by unstableblue

It was comical

It was comical, and as the OP says, annoying. But it would be even weirder to carry on timewasting when losing!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Time wasting on 00:10 - Apr 19 with 1011 viewsBloomBlue

It will only change if players get sent off. Appreciate the ref booked the GK but no ref is going to give a 2nd yellow for time wasting. The fecking GK even after being booked, continued to waste time with his next 2 goal kicks.
Unless the FA start to really enforce it and have refs send players off nothing will change
Time wasting on 02:04 - Apr 19 with 767 viewsGarv

People forget that stoppage time is there for the spectators. It's entertainment that 30,000 people have paid £30 for. It's not really relevant who's winning and who isn't. We could have tried to kill the game and score a third, we didn't have to just try and see it out (I'm glad we did but that's not the point).

Obviously as fans at 2-1 we want there to be 0 minutes added, but you've got to respect the sport.

Maybe the time wasting will stop when you start adding a mandatory 10 minutes, plus more if required. Players do it because they know refs never add anywhere near enough time on.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Time wasting on 02:10 - Apr 19 with 755 viewsitfctilidie

Time wasting on 00:07 - Apr 19 by UB9Blue

Not helped with the numpties in the North Stand keeping the ball and our own players tracking down the pitch to ask them to send it back

Well, surely this is negated by having more than 1 ball
Login to get fewer ads

Time wasting on 02:19 - Apr 19 with 749 viewsStenvict

I was thinking exactly this when the board went up for 6 mins added time. We were really due those 6 minutes, I wish we could just say, "no thanks, now, blow the whistle ref".

Poll: What will be announced first?

Time wasting on 16:30 - Apr 19 with 412 viewsWickets

Time wasting on 02:04 - Apr 19 by Garv

People forget that stoppage time is there for the spectators. It's entertainment that 30,000 people have paid £30 for. It's not really relevant who's winning and who isn't. We could have tried to kill the game and score a third, we didn't have to just try and see it out (I'm glad we did but that's not the point).

Obviously as fans at 2-1 we want there to be 0 minutes added, but you've got to respect the sport.

Maybe the time wasting will stop when you start adding a mandatory 10 minutes, plus more if required. Players do it because they know refs never add anywhere near enough time on.

MMM Not sure time wasting is respecting the sport though .
Time wasting on 16:35 - Apr 19 with 399 viewsIpswichRising

I think that time limits should be introduced for goal kicks, throw ins, corners and free kicks to reduce the amount of time wasting , this has recently been introduced in baseball
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024