Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That was the best atmosphere this week 18:06 - Apr 26 with 2141 viewsMullet

I thought Posh was fun, but last night was spinetingling. Imagine being a sub, reermerging for the warm down and there's thousands of us still stood there singing and cheering. That's what they were greeted with.

After pre-match serenades and some of the best "Blue Army" and EEJB I can remember that was top notch. Even better than the cuddle Sitters gave me in a darkened car park after.

I'm sure you lot have analysed the game to death, but I liked that we were aggressive, we soaked up pressure and let them play their game just enough to spring our own on them. All whilst mixing it up and competing.

Loads of incident and intrigue but Hirst's goal was special. Gritty, powerful and Stewart-lite in its improvised clinical way. Chaplin morphing into Ronaldinho to drop that one in was so good, we went fully ape as far as the eye could say.

I think we had some poor spells before the goals and made some poor decisions, but like Derby away it didn't matter because of lethal and how much belief we swagger with now. Woolfy epitomised that for me, genuinely raised his game to the league we are going to be in next season.

Today was hard. Didn't get in until nearly 1am thanks to road closures ruining the sat nav, full day teaching via mime, pointing and hoarse shrieks. Can't remember coming out of a game seeing so many people from all over sacrificing the time and energy to be there because it was a JFK moment.

I was confident of a win but didn't think we'd turn it on like that. McKenna looked a little humbled at the end. His raised arms weren't stumbling on purpose like Clarke's fistpump it was genuine emotion I thought.

Cheers everyone who was there last night, made me happy x

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

That was the best atmosphere this week on 18:08 - Apr 26 with 2090 viewsDubtractor

'cuddle'.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

That was the best atmosphere this week on 18:09 - Apr 26 with 2068 viewsDubtractor

I made a post earlier about how aggressive we were. No one noticed it, but I'll link here as it ties in with your post.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

That was the best atmosphere this week on 18:10 - Apr 26 with 2051 viewsMetal_Hacker

Love ya Mullet and yea it was special , I felt privileged to be there !

Poll: If it were one or the other

That was the best atmosphere this week on 18:17 - Apr 26 with 2018 viewsSteve_M

Yes, that was so good last night. The feeling when the second goal went in, having been a little fortunate just to be ahead, was incredible. I even enjoyed taking ages to leave because everyone wanted to savour it.

On Saturday, during the game, I was trying to work out where it might fit in my favourite away days but the fact there was still a lot to do meant it isn’t quite that high. Last night on the other hand might end up being right up there with Southend in 1992 - a game where the team looks indomitable and shows a real bond with the fans.

1am was before I got in and I was still in Barnsley….

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

That was the best atmosphere this week on 18:39 - Apr 26 with 1906 viewsITFC_Forever

That was the best atmosphere this week on 18:17 - Apr 26 by Steve_M

Yes, that was so good last night. The feeling when the second goal went in, having been a little fortunate just to be ahead, was incredible. I even enjoyed taking ages to leave because everyone wanted to savour it.

On Saturday, during the game, I was trying to work out where it might fit in my favourite away days but the fact there was still a lot to do meant it isn’t quite that high. Last night on the other hand might end up being right up there with Southend in 1992 - a game where the team looks indomitable and shows a real bond with the fans.

Got in the door at 3.45am…., but the games at Bolton, Derby, Peterborough and Barnsley are games I will remember with as much affection as the likes of Southend, Watford and Oxford in 1992, Liverpool in 1992 & 2000, Helsingborg & Milan in 2001, Watford in 2015 etc.

Those real “why we bother moments”, that make the rest of the time, money and effort worth it.
Why there is a light that never went out.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

That was the best atmosphere this week on 18:41 - Apr 26 with 1871 viewsMullet

That was the best atmosphere this week on 18:08 - Apr 26 by Dubtractor

'cuddle'.

Only got a handshake from Steve.....

That was the best atmosphere this week on 18:43 - Apr 26 with 1855 viewsMullet

That was the best atmosphere this week on 18:10 - Apr 26 by Metal_Hacker

Love ya Mullet and yea it was special , I felt privileged to be there !

Very odd, as I've seen a few grumblings about "day trippers" and stuff, but to make the effort last night for many of them was superb.

It's almost a nice problem to have now, and the lack of aggro etc is refreshing after years of the fanbase going sour.

Bet you've been enjoying yourself in Sheffield recently!

That was the best atmosphere this week on 18:47 - Apr 26 with 1806 viewsstrikalite

Did the schoolkids mention the game today? I can only imagine when you mention in school who you support there is this pause.....
Login to get fewer ads

That was the best atmosphere this week on 18:54 - Apr 26 with 1730 viewsMullet

That was the best atmosphere this week on 18:17 - Apr 26 by Steve_M

You massive drunkard. the 6am alarm was rough and I'd not had a drop!

I think I enjoyed the whole experience rather than the game, because it was fraught until the third went in. I think this season has surpassed 4-2 at Brentford for recentish away days as a high point.

Maybe that's because of the aftermath and ultimate disappointment, but going top of the league in that manner and the feelgood day was immense.

That was the best atmosphere this week on 18:55 - Apr 26 with 1712 viewsMullet

That was the best atmosphere this week on 18:47 - Apr 26 by strikalite

Did the schoolkids mention the game today? I can only imagine when you mention in school who you support there is this pause.....

Nah, a few have clocked my ITFC ties at work and asked or made comments, but generally if it's not Premier League they're clueless.

That was the best atmosphere this week on 18:58 - Apr 26 with 1678 viewstrueblues78

Well said! I still have no words after last night. All the lows and dark times make the highs just that more magical when they arrive. Let’s hope Saturday is a day to remember.

Poll: Would you sell Knudsen?

That was the best atmosphere this week on 21:17 - Apr 26 with 1407 viewsMullet

That was the best atmosphere this week on 18:58 - Apr 26 by trueblues78

Well said! I still have no words after last night. All the lows and dark times make the highs just that more magical when they arrive. Let’s hope Saturday is a day to remember.

I'm doing Fleetwood but couldn't swing Saturday after PBoro, so am making peace with it.

That was the best atmosphere this week on 08:43 - Apr 27 with 1068 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

That was the best atmosphere this week on 17:12 - Apr 27 with 871 viewsMullet

That was the best atmosphere this week on 08:43 - Apr 27 by SitfcB

Made my night frankly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024