Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EADT - Archant subscription 07:39 - May 2 with 1667 viewsArnieM

As we all have seen recently the EADT have decided to place a block on internet viewing of news items , including ITFC news, unless you pay a subscription. Fine I get that to a certain extent. The newspaper industry is in decline.

But why is it Archant ONLY charges us in Suffolk for the access to the EADT, yet those in norfolk reading the EDP24, showing the same new items in some instance, are not being asked to pay any subscription. Readers of the EDP24 can access all areas of news including sport, without any subscription. So why is Archant doing this?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

EADT - Archant subscription on 07:42 - May 2 with 1606 viewshoppy

Presumably nobody is interested in reading about Norwich, so changing it to a subscription wouldn’t gain them anything. The EDP is effectively just a family newsletter.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

EADT - Archant subscription on 07:49 - May 2 with 1537 viewsSitfcB

It’s not Archant now.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

EADT - Archant subscription on 08:04 - May 2 with 1474 viewsStodge1

I am in Norfolk (don't worry, originally from Suffolk) and cannot access all areas of EDP24 without subscribing - haven't yet, but may do so just to read about NCFC's downfall
EADT - Archant subscription on 08:16 - May 2 with 1414 viewsnodge_blue

I don’t think that’s correct arnie. There’s been parts of edp sport behind a pay wall for a couple of years. I suspect they didn’t do it with eadt sooner because we were poor and they realised we wouldn’t be paying to read how rubbish we were. They have now rather opportunistically introduced it as people right at the point of promotion probably will , or some will anyway.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

EADT - Archant subscription on 08:33 - May 2 with 1334 viewsArnieM

EADT - Archant subscription on 08:04 - May 2 by Stodge1

I am in Norfolk (don't worry, originally from Suffolk) and cannot access all areas of EDP24 without subscribing - haven't yet, but may do so just to read about NCFC's downfall

That’s a bit odd as when I looked I could access all areas without subscription ( not that I’d want to lol . Was just looking to see if it was the same. When did it not be run by Archant? Love the family run newsletter but lol !

EADT - Archant subscription on 08:36 - May 2 with 1303 viewsArnieM

EADT - Archant subscription on 08:16 - May 2 by nodge_blue

I don’t think that’s correct arnie. There’s been parts of edp sport behind a pay wall for a couple of years. I suspect they didn’t do it with eadt sooner because we were poor and they realised we wouldn’t be paying to read how rubbish we were. They have now rather opportunistically introduced it as people right at the point of promotion probably will , or some will anyway.

Really odd ax I’ve been able to access some of their reports somehow- again not that I bother to look on a regular basis , but always good to see them squirm isn’t it!

Can’t make my mind up re subscribing to EADT though , but they appear to have applied it to ordinary news articles as well as Town.

EADT - Archant subscription on 08:53 - May 2 with 1238 viewsdirtyboy

Just as a note, some of the articles are really good and obviously there's the KOA stuff still behind a paywall.

I know things are tight for some, but it's great work those guys do and worth the money.

As they say, use it or lose it.
EADT - Archant subscription on 08:57 - May 2 with 1217 viewstrncbluearmy

EADT - Archant subscription on 07:49 - May 2 by SitfcB

It’s not Archant now.

Archant or newsquest neither are local and it shows in the content,whether on line or paper based.
Not a penny from me until locally owned again.
Feel sorry for the sports team,Andy and Stu are brillant and should be approached to head up Town TV

COYB
We're coming for you
Login to get fewer ads

EADT - Archant subscription on 10:10 - May 2 with 1060 viewskiwiblue

Try the star its not blocked but not a full coverage maybe 80%
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024