Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Title or double century? 07:18 - May 6 with 2521 viewsEiffel78

The football gods offer you a choice. Either Town can win comfortably at Fleetwood, breaking the 100 goals & 100 points barrier, but Plymouth get an injury time winner to take the title, or Plymouth lose 1-0 but Town are frustrated and draw 0-0, so we take the title but end on 99 goals and 98 points. Which do you go for?
Title or double century? on 07:39 - May 6 with 2446 viewsPendejo

Double century

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Title or double century? on 07:43 - May 6 with 2442 viewsGuthrum

Either, really. Tho the odds of that latter scenario happening are vanishingly slim. Put money on it and be set up for life (if they pay out).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Title or double century? on 08:37 - May 6 with 2356 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Title or double century? on 07:43 - May 6 by Guthrum

Either, really. Tho the odds of that latter scenario happening are vanishingly slim. Put money on it and be set up for life (if they pay out).

We have drawn 0-0 once in 45 games.

Plymouth have lost 5 out 22 away.

So the crude odds are around 200-1, but you wouldn't get those odds on an "Ipswich to draw 0-0 and Plymouth to lose" double.

You would have to stake a fair amount to be set up for life!
Title or double century? on 08:41 - May 6 with 2342 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Title or double century? on 08:37 - May 6 by ArnoldMoorhen

So the crude odds are around 200-1, but you wouldn't get those odds on an "Ipswich to draw 0-0 and Plymouth to lose" double.

I would definitely go for 100 goals and 100 points.

Partly because it was put to Burley as a target when we were relegated from the Prem, so achieving it really feels like laying all the ghosts to rest.
Title or double century? on 08:46 - May 6 with 2335 viewsGuthrum

Title or double century? on 08:37 - May 6 by ArnoldMoorhen

Tho Plymouth have only lost once to a bottom-half side (Fleetwood!) away this season. Port Vale have not won against a top 9 team at home (lost all bar one). That will lengthen the odds somewhat.

Edit: Correction
[Post edited 6 May 2023 8:54]

Title or double century? on 08:51 - May 6 with 2301 viewsGuthrum

Title or double century? on 08:41 - May 6 by ArnoldMoorhen

I would definitely go for 100 goals and 100 points.

Partly because it was put to Burley as a target when we were relegated from the Prem, so achieving it really feels like laying all the ghosts to rest.

I think the 100/100 is very achievable. But I doubt Plymouth will lose, meaning we'd need to do that anyway to stand a chance of being Champions.

Title or double century? on 09:06 - May 6 with 2239 viewsportmanpensioner

Definitely the double century ,and we will be the subject of quiz question of who has achieved that but didn’t win the league
Title or double century? on 09:30 - May 6 with 2193 viewsgtsb1966

The KM interview on Talksport suggests they want to do 100 goals 100 points more than anything.
Login to get fewer ads

Title or double century? on 09:35 - May 6 with 2173 viewsBlue_In_Boston

You ask any Olympian, they don't do all that training and hard work to finish second.

It's got to be the title. Bus top parades and town hall balconies need a trophy to pass around. First mission is accomplished but lets finish the job in the style we deserve.
Title or double century? on 10:05 - May 6 with 2129 viewsSimonds92

Title or double century? on 09:35 - May 6 by Blue_In_Boston

You ask any Olympian, they don't do all that training and hard work to finish second.

It's got to be the title. Bus top parades and town hall balconies need a trophy to pass around. First mission is accomplished but lets finish the job in the style we deserve.

Its in no way the same thing, what we have achieved is the stepping stone for bigger things for all of these players. To use your metaphor, its like winning a national competition, its great but its not the end goal. However, if you competed in the competition came second but set a new world record in the heats, you may be happier with that than winning a gold.
100 points, 100 goals for me all day long. If we get the title great but all we can control is our result so I'd much rather we did our bit than win the league with a 0-0.
Title or double century? on 10:11 - May 6 with 2116 viewspatrickswell

The title. Any frustration at missing out on the double century would be considerably tempered by photos of Morsy holding a trophy aloft.
Title or double century? on 10:50 - May 6 with 2069 viewsRyorry

I’m happy just to be able to enjoy the game from k/o for the first time this season tbh - all the others have been angst-ridden nail-biting torture until we were at least five up!

With promotion sealed, anything else on top is a bonus. Hope we win obvs, and that it’s a good game with no injuries.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Title or double century? on 11:55 - May 6 with 1989 viewsBigCommon

Double ton all day long for me....
Never been done in EFL...
Doubt it's ever been done by a manager in his first full season , at any level, ever..?
Title or double century? on 12:30 - May 6 with 1920 viewsBlue_In_Boston

Title or double century? on 10:05 - May 6 by Simonds92

Its in no way the same thing, what we have achieved is the stepping stone for bigger things for all of these players. To use your metaphor, its like winning a national competition, its great but its not the end goal. However, if you competed in the competition came second but set a new world record in the heats, you may be happier with that than winning a gold.
100 points, 100 goals for me all day long. If we get the title great but all we can control is our result so I'd much rather we did our bit than win the league with a 0-0.

I know which the players would prefer, a medal that says winner on it rather than runner up.

I just don't get the 100 goals and points bit if it is a straight choice between doing that and winning the title?
I believe the Footballing Gods will shine on ITFC tomorrow on 12:36 - May 6 with 1911 viewsDyland

We'll beat Fleetwood 3 or 4 nil, but more importantly, finally, FINALLY, Argyle will be spannered by a last gasp equaliser at Port Vale with a ridiculous banana shot from forty yards deflecting off two players before hitting their goalie in the face and trickling in.

More to come on the Gods innit...

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I believe the Footballing Gods will shine on ITFC tomorrow on 13:27 - May 6 with 1857 viewsRyorry

I believe the Footballing Gods will shine on ITFC tomorrow on 12:36 - May 6 by Dyland

We'll beat Fleetwood 3 or 4 nil, but more importantly, finally, FINALLY, Argyle will be spannered by a last gasp equaliser at Port Vale with a ridiculous banana shot from forty yards deflecting off two players before hitting their goalie in the face and trickling in.

More to come on the Gods innit...

😂

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Title or double century? on 13:51 - May 6 with 1829 viewsReusersTown

Double century all day!
Title or double century? on 17:39 - May 6 with 1695 viewslizzibee

Both???? Seriously, I'd take the double century and the golden boot to Chappers. We're out of the league, lets leave a note in the history books too.
Title or double century? on 21:12 - May 6 with 1589 viewsMillsey

Don’t really care as long as we score!! 150-1 for 100 for my lad 💙💙
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024