Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?- Jackson incl 14:28 - May 23 with 5084 viewsunstableblue

GK - Walton, Hladky, Hayes, Gray

RB - Clarke, Donacien

CB - Wolf, Edmundson, Burgess, Ndaba, Baggot

LB - Davis, Leigh

CM - Morsy, Luongo, Evans, Ball, El Miz, Humphreys, Harper, Camara

AM - Burns, Edwards, Aluko, Chaplin, Broadhead, Harness, Jackson

CF - Ladapo, Ahadme, Piggot

Which is 31 players… is it a limit of 25?

Please feel free to edit, suggest change, but under contract it’s the above I think

[Post edited 23 May 2023 15:17]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?: on 14:33 - May 23 with 4012 viewshomer_123

Ahadme, Piggot and Harper won't be here by the end of the summer.

Nbada, Baggot and El Miz will be out on loan

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Probably 23, potential in with a chance of being here at 5th August on 14:36 - May 23 with 3998 viewsunstableblue

Gray won’t be registered for first team

I’d expect Baggot and Humphreys will go out on loan… maybe El Miz but I have a feeling he’ll get a chance

Harper, Piggot, Ahadme, Ndaba will be sold/paid off

So 23 left… 2 spaces (with no U21s)… but I’m expecting 3-4 quality signing, CB, CM, winger and CF… so I’d say harness, Camara and Jackson are in jeopardy of being moved out…

Thoughts??
[Post edited 23 May 2023 15:19]

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?: on 14:39 - May 23 with 3966 viewsunstableblue

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?: on 14:33 - May 23 by homer_123

Ahadme, Piggot and Harper won't be here by the end of the summer.

Nbada, Baggot and El Miz will be out on loan

Agree - see above my own thoughts on who’ll leave

Do think if El Miz shines in pre season he may carve a place… depends on Evans I reckon and incoming
[Post edited 23 May 2023 14:39]

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?: on 14:43 - May 23 with 3928 viewsportmanking

If I had a gun to my head right now, I'd say the following from that list will be unregistered/departed:

Gray, Hayes, Ndaba, Baggott, Harper, Humphreys, El Mizouni, Harness, Ahadme and Pigott.

That would mean 20 senior players, with space for 4-5 new recruits.
Probably 22,potential in with a chance of being here at 5th August on 14:46 - May 23 with 3900 viewsFevsBCFC

Probably 23, potential in with a chance of being here at 5th August on 14:36 - May 23 by unstableblue

Gray won’t be registered for first team

I’d expect Baggot and Humphreys will go out on loan… maybe El Miz but I have a feeling he’ll get a chance

So 23 left… 2 spaces (with no U21s)… but I’m expecting 3-4 quality signing, CB, CM, winger and CF… so I’d say harness, Camara and Jackson are in jeopardy of being moved out…

Thoughts??
[Post edited 23 May 2023 15:19]

U21s don’t take up spaces in the 25 man limit…except for loans who are counted regardless of age.

So someone like Elkan Baggott can be on top of the 25 list submitted to EFL. He’ll be classed as “registered but u21” and be on another list to the “registered” players.
So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?: on 14:49 - May 23 with 3871 viewsKeno

Nona cos they are all on holiday

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?: on 14:52 - May 23 with 3860 viewsRobTheMonk

Could conceivably lose Ndaba, Baggot, El Miz, Humphreys, Harper, Camara, Harness, Ahadme, Pigott to a mixture of loans and sold.

I think we'll see at least 5 new faces this transfer window.
So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?: on 15:02 - May 23 with 3774 viewsclive_baker

Jackson?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?: on 15:14 - May 23 with 3724 viewsclive_baker

I can see a good chunk of those fringe players making way for new additions.

Don't think we need to do much defensively tbh, I imagine Edmundson and Burgess will be given their opportunity alongside Woolfenden. Ball is versatile enough and has played there too, plus maybe taking the opportunity to look at Baggott over the summer. Full backs are well covered.

I think Harper, El Miz + 1 will move on from your midfield list.
Pigott and Ahadme likely to be out in some capacity too.

So I wouldn't be surprised if 5 from those 17 aren't in the squad come kick off.

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?: on 15:15 - May 23 with 3710 viewsBlueBoots

Might want to add Kayden Jackson before he gets offended...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?: on 15:19 - May 23 with 3636 viewsunstableblue

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?: on 15:15 - May 23 by BlueBoots

Might want to add Kayden Jackson before he gets offended...

done

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?: on 15:22 - May 23 with 3573 viewsunstableblue

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?: on 15:14 - May 23 by clive_baker

I can see a good chunk of those fringe players making way for new additions.

Don't think we need to do much defensively tbh, I imagine Edmundson and Burgess will be given their opportunity alongside Woolfenden. Ball is versatile enough and has played there too, plus maybe taking the opportunity to look at Baggott over the summer. Full backs are well covered.

I think Harper, El Miz + 1 will move on from your midfield list.
Pigott and Ahadme likely to be out in some capacity too.

So I wouldn't be surprised if 5 from those 17 aren't in the squad come kick off.

Clive, As per post lower down.. I see the below situation, and i DO think a centre back will come in with Keogh leaving and them wanting some serious quality in there. Think will stay on, but Evan is at risk.

**** Gray won’t be registered for first team

So 23 left… 2 spaces (with no U21s)… but I’m expecting 3-4 quality signing, CB, CM, Winger and CF… so I’d say Harness, Evans, Camara and Jackson are in jeopardy of being moved out…

Thoughts??

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?- Jackson incl on 15:23 - May 23 with 3565 viewsMetal_Hacker

I reckon by the time we're done we'll see something like 19./20 left off this list being "originals" whether that means loans or sold I'm not sure but I think we'll be quite ruthless

I think we'll see some sore of polite cull - really don't think these guys will mess around

Poll: If it were one or the other

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?: on 15:27 - May 23 with 3522 viewsunstableblue

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?: on 14:43 - May 23 by portmanking

If I had a gun to my head right now, I'd say the following from that list will be unregistered/departed:

Gray, Hayes, Ndaba, Baggott, Harper, Humphreys, El Mizouni, Harness, Ahadme and Pigott.

That would mean 20 senior players, with space for 4-5 new recruits.

Agree apart from El Miz

Suspect Harness could be on the way out as you state.. but did have a late flourish, and McKenna may see room for further improvement.

Do wonder if Evans will stay.. feel we need an upgrade to challenge Morsy and Luongo.. as well as the energy and yoof of El Miz

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?- Jackson incl on 15:28 - May 23 with 3506 viewsunstableblue

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?- Jackson incl on 15:23 - May 23 by Metal_Hacker

I reckon by the time we're done we'll see something like 19./20 left off this list being "originals" whether that means loans or sold I'm not sure but I think we'll be quite ruthless

I think we'll see some sore of polite cull - really don't think these guys will mess around

Evans, Harness, Camara part of the polite cull perhaps

Piggot, Ndaba, Ahadme more direct cull!

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?: on 15:35 - May 23 with 3461 viewsclive_baker

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?: on 15:22 - May 23 by unstableblue

Clive, As per post lower down.. I see the below situation, and i DO think a centre back will come in with Keogh leaving and them wanting some serious quality in there. Think will stay on, but Evan is at risk.

**** Gray won’t be registered for first team

So 23 left… 2 spaces (with no U21s)… but I’m expecting 3-4 quality signing, CB, CM, Winger and CF… so I’d say Harness, Evans, Camara and Jackson are in jeopardy of being moved out…

Thoughts??

I see it as a 'core' squad of about 18 right now:

GK - Walton, Hladky
RB - Clarke, Donacien
CB - Wolf, Edmundson, Burgess
LB - Davis, Leigh
CM - Morsy, Luongo, Ball
AM - Burns, Edwards, Chaplin, Broadhead, Harness
CF - Ladapo

That's not to say we wouldn't listen to offers for any of those (Hladky, Harness etc), but that's probably the basis of the group for next season as it stands. I imagine we'll add at least 5 to that group, including loans. I think recruitment will be a case of fewer and better, it will depend on who becomes available but certainly a bias to the forward areas (Hirst will cost a lot but I think we'll do it).

The following will likely be off in some capacity:

Piggot, El Miz, Harper, Ahadme. Perhaps loans for Ndaba, Baggot, Humphreys.

That leaves the following to fill the gaps or in some cases maybe move on if there are interested parties:

Evans, Camara, Aluko, Jackson

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?- Jackson incl on 15:46 - May 23 with 3404 viewsN2_Blue

All this talk of multiple in and outs… Am I the only one that doesn’t think there will be much change in terms of new signings and some fans are going to find the transfer window boring. Sure we’ll go for Hirst or another striker and then maybe one or two key players. But I think that will be our lot.

The reason is we have no idea how good this squad is at champ level. It could be be good enough, it could be miles off but I think we’ll what see what the core of squad can do. I only think a few will leave if offers come in.

I then think we are likely to try Jan again like we did this year and if the squad is not competitive enough at this level with much bigger change for the following season if it is shown to be needed.

I think we are a crest of a wave with morale and momentum. Change too much and you could jeopardise that. I think 3 maybe 4 new faces max.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?- Jackson incl on 15:54 - May 23 with 3379 viewsclive_baker

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?- Jackson incl on 15:46 - May 23 by N2_Blue

All this talk of multiple in and outs… Am I the only one that doesn’t think there will be much change in terms of new signings and some fans are going to find the transfer window boring. Sure we’ll go for Hirst or another striker and then maybe one or two key players. But I think that will be our lot.

The reason is we have no idea how good this squad is at champ level. It could be be good enough, it could be miles off but I think we’ll what see what the core of squad can do. I only think a few will leave if offers come in.

I then think we are likely to try Jan again like we did this year and if the squad is not competitive enough at this level with much bigger change for the following season if it is shown to be needed.

I think we are a crest of a wave with morale and momentum. Change too much and you could jeopardise that. I think 3 maybe 4 new faces max.

We certainly wont be signing players for the sake of signing players. I imagine if people become available who we think is better than what we've got and a higher ceiling with the right development opportunities we'll go for them. I would say 5 new faces in, another 8 or so out including some of the younger ones on loan. Certainly can't see a huge amount of churn from the squad that largely played the final 1/3 of the season though.

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?- Jackson incl on 15:57 - May 23 with 3355 viewshomer_123

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?- Jackson incl on 15:46 - May 23 by N2_Blue

The other unknown is how much we might be tested/ tempted to sell, if offers come in.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?- Jackson incl on 15:59 - May 23 with 3330 viewsBlueBadger

I think we'll maybe be looking for a RB as I fear that Donacien may be a little too limited for the Championship, plus another striker to augment Hirst and Freddie. And maybe a left-footed Burns-alike for the opposite wing.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?- Jackson incl on 16:01 - May 23 with 3295 viewsMetal_Hacker

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?- Jackson incl on 15:28 - May 23 by unstableblue

Evans, Harness, Camara part of the polite cull perhaps

Piggot, Ndaba, Ahadme more direct cull!

I had Evans,Harness,Jackson

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?: on 16:04 - May 23 with 3246 viewstractorboy1978

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?: on 15:35 - May 23 by clive_baker

GK - Walton, Hladky
RB - Clarke, Donacien
LB - Davis, Leigh
CM - Morsy, Luongo, Ball
CF - Ladapo

That's not to say we wouldn't listen to offers for any of those (Hladky, Harness etc), but that's probably the basis of the group for next season as it stands. I imagine we'll add at least 5 to that group, including loans. I think recruitment will be a case of fewer and better, it will depend on who becomes available but certainly a bias to the forward areas (Hirst will cost a lot but I think we'll do it).

That leaves the following to fill the gaps or in some cases maybe move on if there are interested parties:

That's how I see it. Although maybe Aluko staying and Edwards or Harness also going. I think we will add 3/4 in those attacking areas (Hirst, TJJ (or another 10 capable of playing as a 9), Rak Sakyi and another?) + a CM and a CB.

I think Humphreys may stay around as frees up a squad space, more than capable of stepping in and we may see it as better to keep him around the group with elite coaching.
[Post edited 23 May 2023 16:08]
So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?- Jackson incl on 16:07 - May 23 with 3229 viewswkj

I suspect Donacien will be on the transfer list after we land a RB. I love JD and his attitude after being binned by previous managers, but I can't see him cutting the mustard in the Championship.

I suspect two of our CM's could be on the transfer list - you could pick from Evans, Ball and El Miz at this stage. I like those players, but if Luongo stays and Camara is fit, do we need all of those options?

AM
We could well see someone transfer listed here. Harness and Jackson have been solid for us but I am unsure if they will be what we need in the Championship, even as bench warmers.

CF
Piggott is probably as good as off

Even if we don't make any signing, losing 3 from CM, 2 from AM seems likely with one of those keepers not making the list of 25.

Who knows, I am just a fan.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?: on 16:11 - May 23 with 3189 viewsMetal_Hacker

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?: on 15:35 - May 23 by clive_baker

GK - Walton, Hladky
RB - Clarke, Donacien
LB - Davis, Leigh
CM - Morsy, Luongo, Ball
CF - Ladapo

Exactly as I see it - with a question mark over Edwards but I'd love to see him given a chance because there is something there

So is this who is technically at the club right now as first team?- Jackson incl on 16:22 - May 23 with 3140 viewsmanagement

Believe squad number 17 may be off the list this season and focussing on his ownership role within the club, really needs to up his game as his previous '7 years of ownership' and never seen him attend an AGM, thank the experts at Wrexham for this info.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024