Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Providing we’d like another CM in the door for next season… 07:34 - Jun 3 with 1476 viewstheinbetweener

Then I’m surprised Gustavo Hamer hasn’t been mentioned yet.

Has been excellent for Coventry over the last 3 years.

No idea what his contract situation is, or value (unrealistic?) so it could be a no-go, but certainly fits the profile I’d say. Thoughts?
Providing we’d like another CM in the door for next season… on 07:47 - Jun 3 with 1401 viewsChurchman

He has a year left on his contract, I believe. Really good player and the right age too.

Even if his contract is running down, I cannot see him being in our price range even if he wanted to come here. I suspect he’ll go to a lower end PL club.
Providing we’d like another CM in the door for next season… on 07:49 - Jun 3 with 1391 viewsBrettenhamBlue

He was valued at 9-10 million a few months back. Likely to be more now. Was linked with Brighton and Fulham at one point.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Providing we’d like another CM in the door for next season… on 08:14 - Jun 3 with 1322 viewsOwainG1992

He's heading to the top flight if he leaves.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Providing we’d like another CM in the door for next season… on 09:30 - Jun 3 with 1208 viewstheinbetweener

Providing we’d like another CM in the door for next season… on 07:49 - Jun 3 by BrettenhamBlue

He was valued at 9-10 million a few months back. Likely to be more now. Was linked with Brighton and Fulham at one point.

Oh really?! No chance of that happening then!
Providing we’d like another CM in the door for next season… on 09:58 - Jun 3 with 1142 viewsjayessess

I think you can more or less discount any young/youngish player who has just absolutely smashed it in the Championship last season. If they're that good they're always going to be prohibitively expensive and likely to be on the radar of teams with much bigger budgets.

You look at our peers in the division - big teams without parachute payments like Middlesbrough, Sunderland, West Brom - they're not paying big fees to other Championship teams for their best players. They're buying from overseas, from lower leagues, from PL academies. Most intra-Championship player movement is free transfers and squad players.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024