Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Then and now 19:56 - Jun 2 with 1057 viewsNesspointrunner

I saw John O'Rourke score 12 in 12 matches at the end of the 67-8 season. I remember Peter (Diesel) Morris hitting a ball from the centre circle that still seemed to be rising as it went in off the underside of the bar. I was behind Big Kev as he shot from the halfway line. I saw Trevor Whymark score four (None with his head).Osbourne 1-0 of course. I was there and lost my glasses in the leaping up and down. I saw Alan Brazil get five and then, instead of taking his 6th, pass to Mich D'Avray who missed. We all remember Jim Magilton's 3rd against Bolton in the playoffs when he drove through a ruck of players to equalise in the 94th minute. I danced with the bloke next to me. I did n't know who he was. But what did that matter ? Conor Chaplin's goal against Exeter, from a distance, where I was behind the kick and watched it in, ranks up with the others. For the reason all the rest came from a long term successful team. We were expecting a win and we had Bobby.  Since then we have endured mediocrity at best and much worse. But Conor's goal raised us up and made us believe again. And now we have Kieran.
Then and now on 21:32 - Jun 2 with 944 viewsElephantintheRoom

And you must have been there when Ray Crawford headed in a Frank Brogan cross/misplaced shot against QPR and then repeated the trick against dirty Leeds the following season

Not to mention O’Rourkés’ season opening trademark header against wolves.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Then and now on 22:47 - Jun 2 with 870 viewsjungleboy

Then and now on 21:32 - Jun 2 by ElephantintheRoom

And you must have been there when Ray Crawford headed in a Frank Brogan cross/misplaced shot against QPR and then repeated the trick against dirty Leeds the following season

All great moments. But don't forget Billy Baxter.
Then and now on 07:47 - Jun 3 with 765 viewscarlisleaway

Then and now on 21:32 - Jun 2 by ElephantintheRoom

John John John O Rourke
Something similar to that was sung in the North
Then and now on 07:52 - Jun 3 with 757 viewsChurchman

John O’Rourke - scored in my first Ipswich game and was my first football ‘hero’. Mop of black hair, scored every week. I was devastated when he left. How could he do that to a nine year old? The rotter!
Then and now on 10:21 - Jun 3 with 702 viewsoldburian

That sums up most of the long term supporters reaction to the last couple of years. I can add John Elsworthys one and only hat trick in October 1953 and our first full playing international Billy Reed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024