Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonson Clarke-Harris 22:35 - Jun 26 with 2882 viewsquad

Now that we've signed Taylor, surely we will be making enquiries for Clarke-Harris too?

It's got to be worthwhile surely, if only just in case we miss out on signing Simms and/or Hirst. JCH must be desperately wanting to leave now, and you would think be very keen to link up with his old team mate again and to be part of what's happening at Ipswich and play under McKenna.

Thoughts? Is he good enough?
Jonson Clarke-Harris on 22:37 - Jun 26 with 2837 viewsmr_bean

No. From what we saw of him last season, he's not good enough.
Jonson Clarke-Harris on 22:37 - Jun 26 with 2829 viewsPioneerBlue

This topic has been done. General opinion was he’s not got the right attributes, not sure about the character either.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 22:39 - Jun 26 with 2805 viewsFrimleyBlue

I'd take Mason Clarke as a backup to broadhead.
An upgrade on Harness imo

But back to jch

JCH however whilst I liked him for league 1 football. Can't see him being a player for town in the champ.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 22:44]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 23:06 - Jun 26 with 2661 viewsquad

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 22:37 - Jun 26 by PioneerBlue

This topic has been done. General opinion was he’s not got the right attributes, not sure about the character either.

Fair enough. I saw him play at Portman Road and he didn't do much, but wasn't sure if that was just down to Peterborough in general not giving him any service.

On a separate note, lots of fans calling for Lee Evans to be sold now, but he was excellent at the start of the season and fans were raving about him then, are we being a bit quick to bin him off from the squad altogether? I know he's had injury issues, but then again people want to keep Camara who hasn't played at all.
Jonson Clarke-Harris on 23:14 - Jun 26 with 2580 viewsVegtablue

Not a player suited to the Championship quad IMO. Ladapo was the better player of the two last season and we're looking to improve on him with our new signings.
Jonson Clarke-Harris on 23:51 - Jun 26 with 2439 viewsRocky

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 23:14 - Jun 26 by Vegtablue

Not a player suited to the Championship quad IMO. Ladapo was the better player of the two last season and we're looking to improve on him with our new signings.

Peterboro have 4 or 5 players who could hold their own in the Championship. JCH is one of them.
Think we have gone above that level now though.
Jonson Clarke-Harris on 01:24 - Jun 27 with 2325 viewsKropotkin123

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 23:51 - Jun 26 by Rocky

Peterboro have 4 or 5 players who could hold their own in the Championship. JCH is one of them.

We're looking to get promoted, not hold our own.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 01:47 - Jun 27 with 2300 viewsVegtablue

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 23:51 - Jun 26 by Rocky

I'm no hater but I don't see his movement or fitness being at the level to hold down a place, for anyone above relegation fight at least. He's on the transfer list though so will be interesting to see who takes a punt. My money would rather be on him dropping down than moving up tbh - a player Wrexham may be tempted by.

I agree Posh have a few players capable of stepping up.
Login to get fewer ads

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 05:49 - Jun 27 with 2158 viewsPioneerBlue

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 23:06 - Jun 26 by quad

Fair enough. I saw him play at Portman Road and he didn't do much, but wasn't sure if that was just down to Peterborough in general not giving him any service.

On a separate note, lots of fans calling for Lee Evans to be sold now, but he was excellent at the start of the season and fans were raving about him then, are we being a bit quick to bin him off from the squad altogether? I know he's had injury issues, but then again people want to keep Camara who hasn't played at all.

The midfield problem is now one of accumulated numbers as a result of covering last seasons injuries. Yesterday 24 EFL squad qualifying players and those we would recognise as first team squad possibles started preseason, that’s with out Broadhead. Unless we list only 2 GKs (exclude Hayes) we don’t have the space for all and we need a third striker.

In midfield, looks like it comes down to

Morsy, Luongo, Taylor then 2 from Evans, Camera, Ball assume El Miz will be loaned/sold and Cam Humphries wouldn’t be counting to EFL squad numbers and might be loaned.

I like Evans, we’ve not seen enough from Camera. I wonder if there is a scenario in which Evans or Camera is kept for first half of season, loaned/sold Jan, pushing a decision on both back to Jan, that way we keep Ball and allow both to prove fitness before sales. Equally likely we listen to offers and seek to sell 1 or both.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 08:37 - Jun 27 with 1827 viewspennblue

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 23:14 - Jun 26 by Vegtablue

I would love it if Ladapo still managed a decent number of games this season (assuming he is cutting the mustard). Feels like he deserves his chance after 2 back to back promotions in League One, and clearly a great lad + attitude.

But football is brutal, so lets see what happens.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 11:55 - Jun 27 with 1499 viewsHighgateBlue

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 08:37 - Jun 27 by pennblue

I would love it if Ladapo still managed a decent number of games this season (assuming he is cutting the mustard). Feels like he deserves his chance after 2 back to back promotions in League One, and clearly a great lad + attitude.

But football is brutal, so lets see what happens.

There were times last season when Ladapo didn't look good enough. BUT, he scored a decent number of goals, did exactly the job required of him towards the end of the season, and in fact his all round stats were very good. (Whisper it - I'm pretty sure they were actually better than Hirst's. And that's why I don't mind if Hirst returns or not, given that we can trust KMac to bring in someone excellent regardless).
Jonson Clarke-Harris on 12:03 - Jun 27 with 1444 viewslizzibee

I wasn't a fan of his. Too sluggish for me. Ellis, Hirst or TJJ (or all three!)
Jonson Clarke-Harris on 12:21 - Jun 27 with 1379 viewsBigCommon

Tbf, I think Ashton would be dreading dealing with McAnthony unless it was absolutely necessary.
As for JCH? It's been said before, that he's a good finisher, but does little else in terms of running for the team, pressing, closing down, etc... Given the kind of workrate we see from Freddy and Hirst, the pure unselfishness of a KM forward. It's hard to see where a player like JCH would fit in, imo.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024