Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country 09:08 - Jun 29 with 1409 viewsyorkshireblue

Probably donw to dwath on here before, but a slow day in the office yesterday so was very productive on compiling an Ipswich XI, with only one player per nationality. Based on their time at the club.

Some tough calls…. For instance, Crawford in the striker role would be a big step up on Johnson, but can you have an all time Ipswich XI without our greatest ever player? Not for me Clive.

And I have potentially been a bit liberal with some of the positions.

GK - Bart Bialkowski - Poland

LB - Mauricio Taricco - Argentina
CB — Allan Hunter — N.Ireland
CB — Kevin Beattie - England
RB — Frank Yallop - Canada

LM - Arnold Mühren - Holland
CM — Matt Holland - RoI
CM — John Wark - Scotland
RM — John Elsworthy - Wales

AM — Gio dos Santos - Mexico

ST — David Johnson — Jamaica

This post has been edited by an administrator
All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 09:21 - Jun 29 with 1348 viewsYallop2

As much as it pains me I'd say Herman for Yallop and switch treacle to the right
All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 09:45 - Jun 29 with 1283 viewsrickw

I don't think you can be far wrong with that team, I agree about Hermann in for Yallop too.
Not overly keen on Johnson there, Kuqi and Guentchev are alternatives, I think Kuqi would be the best to hold up the ball, so I'd have him.

Also I've never seen anything of Elsworthy, obviously a great record but I can't pick him from what I've seen on paper so I'll be controversial and go for Finidi!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 11:03 - Jun 29 with 1214 viewsyorkshireblue

All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 09:45 - Jun 29 by rickw

I don't think you can be far wrong with that team, I agree about Hermann in for Yallop too.
Not overly keen on Johnson there, Kuqi and Guentchev are alternatives, I think Kuqi would be the best to hold up the ball, so I'd have him.

Also I've never seen anything of Elsworthy, obviously a great record but I can't pick him from what I've seen on paper so I'll be controversial and go for Finidi!

I did think of Kuqi and Genchev but Johnson has a better goal scoring record here than both of them - surprised Boncho only got six goals in 61 games.
All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 11:07 - Jun 29 with 1205 viewsMattinLondon

All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 09:45 - Jun 29 by rickw

David Johnson was ten times the player that Guentchev was. Also was better than Kuqi.
All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 11:11 - Jun 29 with 1198 viewspositivity

All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 11:03 - Jun 29 by yorkshireblue

I did think of Kuqi and Genchev but Johnson has a better goal scoring record here than both of them - surprised Boncho only got six goals in 61 games.

agree with most of that except:-

another vote for hermann
would consider counago up front (though he's better with a partner, maybe kuqi could replace gio?)
would try and appeal to include butcher (singapore)!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 13:34 - Jun 29 with 1131 viewsyorkshire

Other bench players - Morsey (Eqypt), Baltacha (Russia) Knudsen or Claus Thomsen (Denmark) Gerry Baker (USA) Jimmy Juan (France) Finidi (Nigeria) Sereni (Italy) Smith (New Zealand) Priskin (Hungary) Edwards (Trinidad & Tobago) and Celina (Kosovo)
All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 13:52 - Jun 29 with 1102 viewsoldburian

Elsworthy was never capped for Wales but Billy Reed was, so move Arnold to the left and Billy to the right. He was our first ever playing international.
All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 14:01 - Jun 29 with 1085 viewssuffolkpoker

All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 11:03 - Jun 29 by yorkshireblue

one being an over head kick!! i was in awe of that goal as a kid :)

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Login to get fewer ads

All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 14:39 - Jun 29 with 1045 viewsChurchman

All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 11:07 - Jun 29 by MattinLondon

David Johnson was ten times the player that Guentchev was. Also was better than Kuqi.

Ahh but Kuqi had that celebration. It was worth the entrance money alone

For the bench
Sergei Baltacha (Ukraine)
Sylvain Legwinski (France) - over the hill but a smashing player for us.
Jonas Knudson (Denmark)

I think we can leave out Drissa Diallo (Guinea) and Adrian Paz (Uraguay).
All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 14:41 - Jun 29 with 1043 viewspositivity

i might put batistuta over taricco for our argentininan pick

All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 14:54 - Jun 29 with 1015 viewshoppy

Can't believe you included Muhren over Lems?!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 14:58 - Jun 29 with 1006 viewsmylittletown

Err Walk the Wark?
All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 15:00 - Jun 29 with 1000 viewsChurchman

All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 14:54 - Jun 29 by hoppy

Can't believe you included Muhren over Lems?!

Surely Marco Holster should get the nod over Muhren, Reuser, Thijssen, Lems and the rest.

Legend.
All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 15:02 - Jun 29 with 995 viewspositivity

All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 15:00 - Jun 29 by Churchman

Surely Marco Holster should get the nod over Muhren, Reuser, Thijssen, Lems and the rest.

Legend.

you're forgetting nabil abidallah though

All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 15:03 - Jun 29 with 984 viewsGavTWTD

I had to correct the spelling of Wark's name. Apologies.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 16:09 - Jun 29 with 934 viewswhymark4lazio0

Bit surprised that nobody has mentioned our Welsh pair Burns and Broadhead

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 17:07 - Jun 29 with 894 viewsChurchman

All Time Ipswich X! - One player from a country on 16:09 - Jun 29 by whymark4lazio0

Bit surprised that nobody has mentioned our Welsh pair Burns and Broadhead

But would they get in ahead of Mick Hill and Geraint Williams?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024