Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barry Bannan 11:54 - Jun 29 with 2582 viewslizzibee

In a now deleted instagram story, Bannan publicly supported David Goodwillie - for those of you that don’t know, he was found guilty in a civil case of r*pe and ordered to pay compensation to the victim, which he ultimately escaped paying and has shown no remorse for his actions.

Not the best thing for a club captain to do!

Sure Barton will sign him mind!
Barry Bannan on 11:56 - Jun 29 with 2502 viewsSkip_Intro

a stupid (and awful) thing to do - sadly I fear it will be forgotten very quickly
Barry Bannan on 11:58 - Jun 29 with 2467 viewswkj

I was going to say that at this stage Bannon is a poundshop lovechild of Joey Barton and a literal arsehole.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Barry Bannan on 12:01 - Jun 29 with 2396 viewsJ2BLUE

Barry Bannan on 11:56 - Jun 29 by Skip_Intro

a stupid (and awful) thing to do - sadly I fear it will be forgotten very quickly

Out of interest, what do you think the consequences should be?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Barry Bannan on 12:05 - Jun 29 with 2350 viewsSkip_Intro

Barry Bannan on 12:01 - Jun 29 by J2BLUE

Out of interest, what do you think the consequences should be?

I think a sincere apology and an explanation behind what on earth he was thinking and why he thought it was a good idea.
Perhaps a donation towards the damages for the victim that Goodwillie declared bankruptcy to avoid paying would be nice too...
Barry Bannan on 12:26 - Jun 29 with 2118 viewsBiGDonnie

What a couple of absolute c-units.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Barry Bannan on 12:27 - Jun 29 with 2107 viewsIllinoisblue

After the high of their 4-0 comeback and dramatic Wembley win, Wednesday sure seemed to have s5it the bed. Manager mysteriously quits, replacement still not in place, half back room staff gone, season ticket price increases, and now their club captain acting the fool.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Barry Bannan on 12:36 - Jun 29 with 1992 viewswkj

Barry Bannan on 12:27 - Jun 29 by Illinoisblue

After the high of their 4-0 comeback and dramatic Wembley win, Wednesday sure seemed to have s5it the bed. Manager mysteriously quits, replacement still not in place, half back room staff gone, season ticket price increases, and now their club captain acting the fool.

Possibly someone selling up.

It's clear their owners were expecting a quick ROI, so when that didn't happen the asset stripping began. A similar thing happened to us, except Marcus Evans did seem like a rational owner at very least.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Barry Bannan on 16:52 - Jun 29 with 1522 viewsNutkins_Return

It's a foolish thing to do.

I don't know their relationship. Just playing devil's advocate here just for one minute: if your best friend maintained their innocence and someone you know well and you truly believed them to be innocent (which presumably Bannan does) then wouldn't you support your friend. Wouldn't that actually show a level of admirable strength to do rather than throw them under the bus because it would be negative for your own career. It's just a thought because we are all so quick to find fault. He's never been criminally charged and you dont have to prove guilt in civil case.

I'm not David Goodwillie's friend though and In all probability he's an absolute scumbag. None of the above is a defence of him! If he did it he can rot!
Login to get fewer ads

Barry Bannan on 17:16 - Jun 29 with 1401 viewslizzibee

Barry Bannan on 16:52 - Jun 29 by Nutkins_Return

It's a foolish thing to do.

I don't know their relationship. Just playing devil's advocate here just for one minute: if your best friend maintained their innocence and someone you know well and you truly believed them to be innocent (which presumably Bannan does) then wouldn't you support your friend. Wouldn't that actually show a level of admirable strength to do rather than throw them under the bus because it would be negative for your own career. It's just a thought because we are all so quick to find fault. He's never been criminally charged and you dont have to prove guilt in civil case.

I'm not David Goodwillie's friend though and In all probability he's an absolute scumbag. None of the above is a defence of him! If he did it he can rot!

To a degree, but probably not publicly, especially when you are a role model and captain of a club with many kids and adults looking up to you.
Agree with the rot aspect too
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024