Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Camara 08:55 - Jul 2 with 7244 viewsjasondozzell

Looked good I thought! Seems fit and raring to go. Eats up turf and that rangy style will be well suited to the champ I think. Plymouth fans rated him very highly.
Camara on 08:59 - Jul 2 with 6204 viewsSouperJim

He also pulled out of a 50/50 on halfway, bit worrying and I wonder what the bench made of it. Really hope he comes good but I've got my doubts.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Camara on 09:02 - Jul 2 with 6153 viewsstrikalite

Camara on 08:59 - Jul 2 by SouperJim

He also pulled out of a 50/50 on halfway, bit worrying and I wonder what the bench made of it. Really hope he comes good but I've got my doubts.

I'd hope he did pull out of a 50/50 in a kickabout to be honest, just about fitness really..
Camara on 09:05 - Jul 2 with 6136 viewspennyfathersleg

I agree! My friend asked if anyone stood out yesterday. I said it was just a training session really, but Pan Camara seemed to be everywhere! He took his goal well as well I thought. His first touch was a bit off, but I guess that’s to be expected.
Camara on 09:06 - Jul 2 with 6101 viewsBloomBlue

I would guess the bench had already told all the players 'today is a training/fitness exercise, nothing stupid, no need for rash challenges, any 50/50 situations step back away from it'
Camara on 09:33 - Jul 2 with 5807 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Bit worrying that you think any player should be going into 50/50 challenges in a pre-season kick about against non-league opposition.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2023 9:35]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Camara on 09:40 - Jul 2 with 5748 viewsRegencyBlue

My guess would be McKenna told him not to take any chances in a meaningless friendly following a whole season out through injury!
Camara on 10:40 - Jul 2 with 5377 viewsNutkins_Return

Camara on 09:33 - Jul 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

Bit worrying that you think any player should be going into 50/50 challenges in a pre-season kick about against non-league opposition.

Haven't seen it but I don't think it's remotely 'worrying' for someone to think a player will be going in for 50/50 challenges in a training match. More players than not will go in for 50/50s. It's just in their blood to do it e.g. Morsy. Some will be more careful and that's absolutely fine too.

Morsy is well known to go in hard in training as well. It sets a culture. Some risk yes. Others will manage injuries and their bodies differently. One thing you can't do is somewhere in the middle e.g. go in tentative. You'll twist something.

The poster was just making an observation. Doubt much in it but hardly worrying to suggest a 50/50 in any level of friendly should be contested.
Camara on 10:44 - Jul 2 with 5330 viewsStokieBlue

Camara on 10:40 - Jul 2 by Nutkins_Return

Haven't seen it but I don't think it's remotely 'worrying' for someone to think a player will be going in for 50/50 challenges in a training match. More players than not will go in for 50/50s. It's just in their blood to do it e.g. Morsy. Some will be more careful and that's absolutely fine too.

Morsy is well known to go in hard in training as well. It sets a culture. Some risk yes. Others will manage injuries and their bodies differently. One thing you can't do is somewhere in the middle e.g. go in tentative. You'll twist something.

The poster was just making an observation. Doubt much in it but hardly worrying to suggest a 50/50 in any level of friendly should be contested.

First match back after the break against lowly opposition where you're winning 6-0.

Makes far more sense that McKenna told them to take it easy rather than he pulled out because he didn't want to contest it.

Players can control themselves, Morsy played a long run of matches without picking up a yellow when it was required.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Camara on 10:50 - Jul 2 with 5296 viewsArnieM

I think Camara is going to have a brilliant season. We’ve kept him for a reason, got him through his injuries. He was a prominent figure at Ply Mouth until he got injured. I think we’ve got a very good player here.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Camara on 14:11 - Jul 2 with 4795 viewsNaylorsrightboot

No such thing as a friendly my old foreman used to say. Hard as nails when he played local football until he was in his forties.
Camara on 14:56 - Jul 2 with 4649 viewsWakh

Camara on 14:11 - Jul 2 by Naylorsrightboot

No such thing as a friendly my old foreman used to say. Hard as nails when he played local football until he was in his forties.

I guess your old foreman's employers didn't pay the best part of a million quid for him and them dump 10 grand a week in his pay packet but yeah local football is a perfect comparison.
Camara on 15:24 - Jul 2 with 4510 viewsitfcjoe

Camara on 10:50 - Jul 2 by ArnieM

I think Camara is going to have a brilliant season. We’ve kept him for a reason, got him through his injuries. He was a prominent figure at Ply Mouth until he got injured. I think we’ve got a very good player here.

We’ve had no option but to keep and rehabilitate him so far - be interesting to see why they do with him as struggle to see how he fits into the team

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How did Baggot play?! (n/t) on 17:06 - Jul 2 with 4177 viewsunstableblue

Camara on 09:05 - Jul 2 by pennyfathersleg

I agree! My friend asked if anyone stood out yesterday. I said it was just a training session really, but Pan Camara seemed to be everywhere! He took his goal well as well I thought. His first touch was a bit off, but I guess that’s to be expected.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Camara on 22:35 - Jul 2 with 3636 viewsNutkins_Return

Camara on 10:44 - Jul 2 by StokieBlue

First match back after the break against lowly opposition where you're winning 6-0.

Makes far more sense that McKenna told them to take it easy rather than he pulled out because he didn't want to contest it.

Players can control themselves, Morsy played a long run of matches without picking up a yellow when it was required.

SB

Didn't say anything to the contrary.

It just wasn't remotely 'worrying' for the poster to make an observation.
Camara on 01:54 - Jul 3 with 3443 viewsFrankMarshall

Looked excellent- agree.

Could end up being an excellent signing for us

Frank Marshall

Camara on 07:18 - Jul 3 with 3258 viewsWickets

Anyone who was at the game will tell that we took the game seriously our players were not avoiding challenges they regarded it as a lot more than a kick about !! Those days are gone .
Camara on 07:26 - Jul 3 with 3238 viewsronnyd

Just hope he doesn't end up as just a flash in the pan.
Camara on 07:33 - Jul 3 with 3207 viewsWickets

Camara on 09:06 - Jul 2 by BloomBlue

I would guess the bench had already told all the players 'today is a training/fitness exercise, nothing stupid, no need for rash challenges, any 50/50 situations step back away from it'

Pretty sure you would guess wrong that is not the way KM treats training sessions or pre season friendly's . Plenty of hefty challenges without anything silly .
Camara on 07:44 - Jul 3 with 3157 viewsHorsham

Camara on 07:33 - Jul 3 by Wickets

Pretty sure you would guess wrong that is not the way KM treats training sessions or pre season friendly's . Plenty of hefty challenges without anything silly .

I’d have thought the management would have been very clear about what they wanted to happen and not happen. Getting hurt would have been high up the list of things they didn’t want the players to do.

Perhaps spin it up the other way. Say he takes the challenge and is injured for 3 months. Would that have been perceived as stupid?
Camara on 08:49 - Jul 3 with 2987 viewsCityBlue

rule one of friendlies - no 50/50s.

I T I D

Camara on 09:33 - Jul 3 with 2885 viewsWickets

Camara on 08:49 - Jul 3 by CityBlue

Reading many of the comments on this thread makes me wonder how many of those posting where actually at the game . The days of pre season jolly to Ireland and not being fit for the first game or two are well gone !
Camara on 10:01 - Jul 3 with 2786 viewsHorsham

Camara on 09:33 - Jul 3 by Wickets

Reading many of the comments on this thread makes me wonder how many of those posting where actually at the game . The days of pre season jolly to Ireland and not being fit for the first game or two are well gone !

You don’t get fit by crashing into 50/50’s left right and centre either but I wasn’t at Felixstowe so what do I know.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 10:17]
Camara on 10:26 - Jul 3 with 2693 viewsWickets

Camara on 10:01 - Jul 3 by Horsham

You don’t get fit by crashing into 50/50’s left right and centre either but I wasn’t at Felixstowe so what do I know.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 10:17]

As you say you were not at the game so maybe not in a position to comment on the game . The players worked hard and the attitude was spot on very professional. The incident that Souper Jim commented on was the only slight worry a player leaving the ball he was favourite for was not a good look but apart from that he did look good .Hope that was just a blip as he has of course just missed a season .
Camara on 10:42 - Jul 3 with 2614 viewsHorsham

Camara on 10:26 - Jul 3 by Wickets

As you say you were not at the game so maybe not in a position to comment on the game . The players worked hard and the attitude was spot on very professional. The incident that Souper Jim commented on was the only slight worry a player leaving the ball he was favourite for was not a good look but apart from that he did look good .Hope that was just a blip as he has of course just missed a season .

It really doesn’t matter if the bloke doesn’t take on 50/50 challenges in a friendly at Felixstowe that’s my point. I wasn’t there so I’m not disputing if he did or didn’t but I’m perfectly in my right to make the point I made, incidentally what used to happen in Ireland? I wasn’t there either.
Camara on 11:41 - Jul 3 with 2449 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Camara on 08:49 - Jul 3 by CityBlue

Coming through clean of injuries= vital

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024