Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TalkSport text read out 21:03 - Jul 16 with 6140 viewsITFCson

My text got read out on Talk Sport yesterday. They were asking for times you've seen players in a supermarket. My text which was read out word for word was -

'About 20 years ago I worked in Sainsbury's Ipswich. Over a 2 year period Marcus Stewart asked me where he could find the following -

Mushrooms, Garlic, pre washed lettuce, Lemon grass and onions (twice).

Fabian Wilnis also asked where he could find Apple crumble. I wasn't sure so pointed him in the direction of the cooking apples and the crumble mix'

They also wished Marcus Stewart well which was a nice touch.

Anyone else had any supermarket experiences which town (or other club) players?

TalkSport text read out on 21:16 - Jul 16 with 4781 viewsJ2BLUE

Much to my mum's embarrassment I shouted out "MUM IT'S CRAIG FORREST!" in Sainsburys. I must have been about 6 (at a guess).

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

TalkSport text read out on 21:26 - Jul 16 with 4711 viewsbrazil1982

Getting Murhen's autograph in Solar Superstore (think it was an arranged meet a player thing), maybe 1981.
TalkSport text read out on 21:43 - Jul 16 with 4617 viewsWeWereZombies

He didn't ask where the fridge magnets were then ?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

TalkSport text read out on 21:58 - Jul 16 with 4535 viewsBathBlue

Met Gary Lineker a few times in M&S Food Hall in Barnes when I was living there!
TalkSport text read out on 22:07 - Jul 16 with 4493 viewsITFC_Forever

Saw Jamie Clapham in Morrisons in around 2000.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

TalkSport text read out on 22:11 - Jul 16 with 4473 viewsleftback

I saw Bontcho Guentchev in Texas Homecare, which is now the range on Suffolk retail park.
First time I’d ever seen a player in the flesh and I was completely star struck!
TalkSport text read out on 22:12 - Jul 16 with 4466 viewsPlums

I stood next to Peter Crouch in Harvey Nicholls in Manchester. I imagine it's the pro-footballer equivalent of Asda.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

TalkSport text read out on 22:16 - Jul 16 with 4444 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Not a footballer per se, but I saw Marcus Evans in Poundland, think he was looking for some new signings.
Login to get fewer ads

TalkSport text read out on 22:31 - Jul 16 with 4358 viewsVic

I was buying a suit in Burtons, Ipswich, at the same time as Micky Stockwell. He was getting all the VIP treatment and then tried his on in the cubicle next to mine.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

TalkSport text read out on 22:32 - Jul 16 with 4354 viewsAlberto_the_frog

As a kid I met Sir Alf in Bramford Lane co-op. My sister was on till but didn't get to serve him and wouldn't have recognised him anyway.
TalkSport text read out on 22:33 - Jul 16 with 4347 viewsScuzzer

TalkSport text read out on 22:11 - Jul 16 by leftback

I saw Bontcho Guentchev in Texas Homecare, which is now the range on Suffolk retail park.
First time I’d ever seen a player in the flesh and I was completely star struck!

Took my kids to Solarbowl once. On a fairly quiet afternoon who else but Bontcho was two lanes down from us with his family. Dont ask me what scores he was getting.

Established 1968

TalkSport text read out on 22:35 - Jul 16 with 4331 viewsScuzzer

TalkSport text read out on 22:07 - Jul 16 by ITFC_Forever

Saw Jamie Clapham in Morrisons in around 2000.

Saw him up at B&Q at Ransomes...two weeks before he left us.
Must have wasted some money there.

Established 1968

TalkSport text read out on 22:52 - Jul 16 with 4267 viewsNthQldITFC

Went with me Dad to Jewsons when I was a kid. Graham Harbey was there trying to get a bag of cement under control and into the boot of his Montego. In the end he gave up and hoofed it over the fence into the Novotel car park.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

TalkSport text read out on 23:02 - Jul 16 with 4231 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not a footballer, but when I used to work in Warren Heath Sainsbury’s I once had to get Fatima Whitbread a box of offal. The packs on display weren’t enough apparently. This was back when she was at the top of her game. She was built like a brick 💩house.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

TalkSport text read out on 23:18 - Jul 16 with 4188 viewsandehpandeh

Pretty sure I saw Andre Dozzell in the cheese aisle.

Definitely saw Luke Chambers rock up outside the place in a massive Land Rover the same week he announced he was leaving. Both at Warren Heath Sainsbury's.

Way too chicken to approach either player
TalkSport text read out on 23:56 - Jul 16 with 4111 viewsrickw

I saw Luke Chambers in the London Rd Sainsburys probably shortly after he became captain, I think we'd lost that day, I didn't say anything just did a double take as I recognised him :-)

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

TalkSport text read out on 02:13 - Jul 17 with 4021 viewsviewfromtheu2

That is a nice touch from them. Met Big Fred Ladapo in Tesco, had a bit of a fanboy moment if I'm honest but I didn't distract from his shopping too much I don't think :)

@BonoITFC

TalkSport text read out on 06:19 - Jul 17 with 3867 viewsPendejo

Oldest female offspring used to do PT work with Sainsbury's Warren Heath, and said David McGoldrick was a regular, and always paid with £50 notes.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

TalkSport text read out on 06:30 - Jul 17 with 3810 viewsWarkystache

Met Emyr Huws in the Waitrose up near Warren Heath (It had to be Waitrose) and he was buying some green juice thing and a load of energy bars. This was when he first joined. He said he'd always wanted to come here and play for Mick.....

Also saw Chris Berra in the John Lewis bit, pricing up the 4D tellies. Don't think he bought one, though.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

TalkSport text read out on 07:01 - Jul 17 with 3683 viewsPippin1970

Was in Wigan bowling centre years ago. Jan Molby on next bowling lane with his family . Had a chat about footy.
TalkSport text read out on 07:13 - Jul 17 with 3635 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I saw Ivar Ingimarsson looking for a new pair of boots in JJB.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

TalkSport text read out on 07:24 - Jul 17 with 3610 viewsSteve_M

I saw Steve Sedgley in the Martlesham Tesco when I worked there in 1994 or 95. He looked as enthusiastic about shopping as he did about being at Ipswich.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

TalkSport text read out on 08:14 - Jul 17 with 3474 viewstextbackup

When I was in my last year of high school I worked the Xmas period in sainsburys as a bag packer, packed Gary Crofts bags, and took them to his car and he gave me a fiver tip.

Then sone years later, same sainsburys, saw Frank nouble sat in his car in a disabled spot outside, and sone old boy was giving him abuse for being packed in said spot. He ignored him, made me dislike the bloke

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sylvain Legwinski…. on 08:42 - Jul 17 with 3389 viewsBloots

….bought me a coffee in Starbucks on Miami South Beach.

I know it’s not a supermarket, but I don’t care cos it’s a good story.

So there.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

TalkSport text read out on 08:43 - Jul 17 with 3383 viewsWeWereZombies

I saw Thomas Gaardsøe in a corner shop on Heath Road one lunchtime many years ago, he looked enthusiastic about getting some snacks in.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024