Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Central defender target 23:38 - Jul 31 with 5810 viewspointofblue

So with no Trusty, understandably, and no seemingly no McNally, annoyingly, who would people like to see us (REASONABLY) target to sign at centre back?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Central defender target on 23:44 - Jul 31 with 4772 viewsFrankMarshall

Worth mentioning that McGuiness is gone also.

It looks like Craig Cathcart is the most likely signing now.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2023 23:44]

Frank Marshall

Central defender target on 23:50 - Jul 31 with 4728 viewsWacko

Central defender target on 23:44 - Jul 31 by FrankMarshall

Worth mentioning that McGuiness is gone also.

It looks like Craig Cathcart is the most likely signing now.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2023 23:44]

Where's McGuinness gone?

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Central defender target on 23:53 - Jul 31 with 4714 viewsTrequartista

Central defender target on 23:50 - Jul 31 by Wacko

Where's McGuinness gone?

Sorry, thought you'd finished it when was collecting the empties.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Central defender target on 00:16 - Aug 1 with 4625 viewsexeterblue10

Central defender target on 23:53 - Jul 31 by Trequartista

😂
Central defender target on 01:52 - Aug 1 with 4489 viewsBondiBlue

Where's McGuinness gone?

Where's trusty gone?

Poll: Which would you accept?

Central defender target on 05:57 - Aug 1 with 4332 viewsStu_boy

Central defender target on 01:52 - Aug 1 by BondiBlue

Where's trusty gone?

Most likely going to sheff utd
Central defender target on 06:18 - Aug 1 with 4263 viewsKieran_Knows

Terence Kongolo.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Central defender target on 06:48 - Aug 1 with 4146 viewsBlueBoots

Central defender target on 23:53 - Jul 31 by Trequartista

Gave you a "^" for that, but replying too as deserves a bump to be seen by more people

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Login to get fewer ads

Central defender target on 07:26 - Aug 1 with 3934 viewsONENIL78

Where's McGuinness gone?

Hes taken Sue Barkers place on a Q of S
Central defender target on 07:38 - Aug 1 with 3876 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Cresswell who had a good loan spell with Millwall last season. I guess there is a chnace Leeds see him being in and around the first team since relegation though.
Central defender target on 08:34 - Aug 1 with 3638 viewsWakh

Reckon we might know later today.
Central defender target on 08:52 - Aug 1 with 3509 viewsITFCBlues

Central defender target on 08:34 - Aug 1 by Wakh

Reckon we might know later today.

Def info?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Central defender target on 14:19 - Aug 1 with 3043 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

Wouldn't surprise me if we sign Alex Tuanzebe.

KM and Tuanzebe have a great deal of history, and KM had nothing but great things to say about him in his time working with him.

Either Tuanzebe or Cathcart.
Central defender target on 14:47 - Aug 1 with 2944 viewsjayessess

Central defender target on 14:19 - Aug 1 by BcarefulwhatUWish4

Wouldn't surprise me if we sign Alex Tuanzebe.

KM and Tuanzebe have a great deal of history, and KM had nothing but great things to say about him in his time working with him.

Either Tuanzebe or Cathcart.

Tuanzebe's had a tough run of injuries last two seasons.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Central defender target on 14:48 - Aug 1 with 2941 viewsBigCommon

Tbf, I'm not overly stressed about us defensively... The fact that we're allegedly targeting the likes of Trusty, in order to " improve" on what we've already got. Says a lot about how strong we are already.
The fact that we haven't just gone out and added any old CB, says a lot about how strong we are, already.
Best defence in L1 last season. Most clean sheets and club record clean sheets.. Sure, standard will be higher this season, but it's not The Champions League.
Someone like Cathcart, imo, smacks of another Keogh signing. Might add a lot in terms of experience, but Im not so sure he'd add much to our defence in terms of our playing style.
I'd much rather we tried to bring Baggot into the fray, and accelerated his development. Than sign someone who doesn't upgrade the standard we have already.
Why is Cathcart still floating about as a free agent?
Central defender target on 14:57 - Aug 1 with 2877 viewsParky

Scott McKenna.

Probably a bit too ambitious.
Central defender target on 15:02 - Aug 1 with 2827 viewsNthQldITFC

Central defender target on 14:48 - Aug 1 by BigCommon

Tbf, I'm not overly stressed about us defensively... The fact that we're allegedly targeting the likes of Trusty, in order to " improve" on what we've already got. Says a lot about how strong we are already.
The fact that we haven't just gone out and added any old CB, says a lot about how strong we are, already.
Best defence in L1 last season. Most clean sheets and club record clean sheets.. Sure, standard will be higher this season, but it's not The Champions League.
Someone like Cathcart, imo, smacks of another Keogh signing. Might add a lot in terms of experience, but Im not so sure he'd add much to our defence in terms of our playing style.
I'd much rather we tried to bring Baggot into the fray, and accelerated his development. Than sign someone who doesn't upgrade the standard we have already.

Hear, hear!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Central defender target on 15:41 - Aug 1 with 2685 viewsThe_Realist_09

Couldn't disagree more.
Central defender target on 15:54 - Aug 1 with 2601 viewsNaylorsrightboot

So wrong on so many levels.
Balderdash and piffle. (n/t) on 15:55 - Aug 1 with 2590 viewsBloots

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Central defender target on 15:57 - Aug 1 with 2585 viewsBigCommon

Central defender target on 15:41 - Aug 1 by The_Realist_09

Couldn't disagree more.

Care to explain why?
Central defender target on 15:57 - Aug 1 with 2582 viewsBigCommon

Central defender target on 15:54 - Aug 1 by Naylorsrightboot

So wrong on so many levels.

Such as?
Central defender target on 16:07 - Aug 1 with 2528 viewsThe_Realist_09

Central defender target on 15:57 - Aug 1 by BigCommon

Care to explain why?

Much of our defensive quality last season was down to our control of the game and the ball. We pretty much dominated territory against every team, such that our defence rarely faced an onslaught.

We'll certainly face more spells this season with our backs against the wall where we really need to weather a storm and come out the other side unscathed. This is will be a big test for the back 4.
Central defender target on 16:12 - Aug 1 with 2487 viewstractorboy1978

Not sure that logic stacks up. The reason we've targeted the likes of Trusty/McNally is because we want a starter rather than a back up option, i.e we think Burgess is possibly not at the required level for where we want to be.
Central defender target on 16:27 - Aug 1 with 2375 viewsBigCommon

Central defender target on 16:07 - Aug 1 by The_Realist_09

Much of our defensive quality last season was down to our control of the game and the ball. We pretty much dominated territory against every team, such that our defence rarely faced an onslaught.

We'll certainly face more spells this season with our backs against the wall where we really need to weather a storm and come out the other side unscathed. This is will be a big test for the back 4.

Fare point.. I'm not so pessimistic though... And as far as " onslaughts" go. Burgess is probably our bravest player who gets his head on everything.
Found wanting a few times, with inexperience in front of him, allowing players to run through at him. Didn't put a foot wrong once Luongo came in and sorted that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024